MERGED ---> U2 on Shelter From the Storm Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO I actually think it'll just be a recorded message asking people to donate. I don't think we'll get to see them play anything. I hope I'm wrong though.

U2Man said:
:mad:

I'm sure they will actually be performing, the question I think should be are they performing by themselves or who are they performing with?

U2FloridaFan said:
IMO I actually think it'll just be a recorded message asking people to donate. I don't think we'll get to see them play anything. I hope I'm wrong though.
u2.com say they are taking part, to me that means performing, otherwise why bother posting a message on the offcial website,

also someone posted earlier saying they heard it on the T.V. that U2 would be performing

ladywithspinninghead said:
So it will most likely be U2 via satellite since they`re in T.O. right now...
really wouldnt take them all that long to hop on there jet, like they do after concerts

unless they will be performing from there reharsals? could be possible that they will play on there own stage, satelite

Yeah, I think that they know better than to stick their name on something and not perform. They care too much about their image & their fans for that---they know we'd be pissed!

KUEFC09U2 said:
u2.com say they are taking part, to me that means performing, otherwise why bother posting a message on the offcial website,

Well, since it's U2.com........:lmao:

do we get a setlist party? after all theres only 5 hours left (or thats what time its on here in the UK)

I don't know that the term "party" should be used here.
Maybe "gathering" or "vigil" or something a tad more somber and respectful. A lack of fighting would be nice as well. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

U2dork said:
I don't know that the term "party" should be used here.
Maybe "gathering" or "vigil" or something a tad more somber and respectful. A lack of fighting would be nice as well. I hope that's not too much to ask for.
i know am sorry about that, kind of mixed things up abit :(

I'm not going to get my hopes up. The show is only 1 hour and there are like 15 performers + I don't know how many speakers.

U2 will be lucky if they're on long enough to say "Vertigo".

If anybody knows a way to view the Mtv special online, please feel free to share.
Please?

Edit: I just checked and Mtv will be showing it on their online "mtv overdrive" thing. Now I have to figure out how to make that work on my computer. :scratch:

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

Yeah, it looks liked they played One with Mary J. Blige.

Ah, so that gives me permission to skip and go out tonight. They've done so many collaborations on One...crikey! :rolleyes:

seriously, they do have some other uplifting meaningful songs besides one that they could play at charity concerts

-my classy comment for the day

Chizip is so classless :tsk:

Get some of the classy people in here to teach you a lesson :tsk:

Last edited:
so are you mr :rant:

i cant be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, it looks liked they played One with Mary J. Blige.

:barf:

I can get over One - as boring as it often is, it tends to become a very special and emotional song on significant occasions like this - but MARY J. BLIGE? :barf:

Axver said:

:barf:

I can get over One - as boring as it often is, it tends to become a very special and emotional song on significant occasions like this - but MARY J. BLIGE? :barf:

Axver is just as classless as Chizip :tsk:

I'll reserve a seat in class right next to Chizip. No wait, in fact, I'll better separate the two of you. As classless as you are, you won't listen to what the teacher says if you sit right next to eachother :tsk:

Chizip said:
so are you mr :rant:

i cant be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt

I changed mr. :rant: into mr :applaud:. That just shows how much class I have. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom