MERGED --> Two memberships is bad - the rumour is true!! + Important information for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am buying tickets for two memberships, my relative and myself and using my same credit card for them. Plenty of people will be doing that because so many can't even be home or at a computer at 10 am on a Tues morning. And plenty of these memberships the people live at the same address as well. No way they're going to cancel them.

they cant do this..

i live with my girlfriend, we both have our own memberships and we have a shared credit card. i would like to see them deny me, if thats the case then i want my $40 back.

How does ticketmaster know who's a u2.com member? All we are giving them is the code, right? As long as we use two different cards with different names/addresses...that's all they care about? The name/address of the card doesn't have to match the membership?

Perhaps TM would just cancel only if you tried to buy multiple sets of tickets for the same show? It seems like there's no way they could track it if you used each code for a different show (and backed it up with different credit card numbers and names or billing addresses). It might just be a scare tactic, too.

As long as the address details are different and you have 2 different working codes, I can't see there being a problem at all.

Of course, it does raise the question about it being fair on other fans who aren't part of the pre-sale, but that's a whole other can of worms...

When you purshased your U2 subscription the IP address of your computer will have been logged by u2.com.

When you buy your tickets ticketmaster will log your computers IP address. Your IP address is unique to you on the internet.

If you buy two sets of tickets with two different codes and even two diffenet credit cards and billing addresses and names then ticketmaster will know you did it sitting at the same computer. They log all IP addresses on all transactions as do any other credit card seller over the net.

I know from personal experiance in the UK that Clear Channel have been cancelling tickets touts are selling on e-bay. If they want to cancel your tickets because they feel you have been trying it on they can and will.

Your IP address might only be the same if you have paid for a static IP though. Its not 100% so I'd think it would be harsh to lose out for that reason. I'd have thought that they wouldn't go into that depth unless there was suspicious buying which was obvious. I'd imagine they'd easily be able to do a quick check of zip codes though.

I suspect that Clear Channel was cancelling the tickets because they were being scalped, rather than because they were bought from the same IP address...and perhaps in large quantities.

My boyfriend and I each got memberships since we're hoping to go to two shows, and we're going to be using different credit cards and names but the same computer and billing address...so they cancel our tickets just for that, that would be evil.

ya, that would be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Basically ticketmaster refuses to allow people in the same household to enjoy the same music...

I guess it depends how strict they're being and what criteria they're doing their checks on. Although they might not be doing any.

I wonder how popular the presale will be as I never saw any mention of it in the news stories online about the tickets going on sale. Which is a good thing.

IP addresses have nothing to do with it. I know for a fact that my IP when I signed up to u2.com and my current IP are different as I have DSL with a dynamic IP and it changed when I had a minor outage a couple of days ago. Anyone on dialup will have a new IP each time they dial a connection.

My wife and I both have our own subscriptions. Is it really true that we cannot buy tickets for different concerts. :( :(

I think some of this is panicked hysteria.

I'm sure everyone here will be fine.

Holy f**k?!

Have you seen the price of tickets? We've got to go for seating as the wife is pregnant and they're £60 - £85

Thanks Axver and ascender. I think things will work out fine, but the pre-ticket-buying period is awful, as it always is.

Hopefully the presale codes will allow my boyfriend and me to just skip the general sale. I have absolutely no desire to repeat the experience of getting "circuits busy" when I call and then frantically trying to figure out which Ticketmaster number to call next, or whether to try online, etc., yet again. Trying to buy tickets is definitely the least enjoyable aspect of the tours!

Just bought a couple of seating tickets for Glasgow without any problem.

Of course, I've messed up as I can't now go back and buy 2 standing tickets with the same code for my brother.

ascender_RS said:
Give it a go and see what happens! No-one knows is the honest answer.

I'm just worried that the tickets I bought this morning for Glasgow will get cancelled as a result of my wife buying tickets for a different show. This is a ridiculous situation, I've been trying to get in touch with TicketMaster without any luck.

Has anyone else been able to clarify the situation?

The realyl annoying part is that it says somewhere, words to the effect, that they can cancel suspicious orders without contacting you. I think we're panicking over nothing, maybe being a bit paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom