MERGED-->Tour postponed? + HTDAAB Tour Dates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone wondered why there wasn't an announcement on u2.com

All of the dates so far were rumours. We will never have an announcement from u2.com about the tour being postponed since they hadn't confirmed the tour yet.

Actually, in the news item, Paul says the announcement of the tour has been pushed back, not the tour itself...
more :confused:

I believe the family illness. There is just too much time between now and March 1st to solve any band preparation issues or indoor equipment.

I'm also guessing that the family illness makes the possibility of the band appearing at the Cardiff Millennium Stadium Tsunami Disaster Relief Fund concert later this month pretty unlikely. In fact, as of 2 minutes ago, the stadium's website still doesn't have any definite news about the entire event, so maybe the whole gig won't happen.

I don't know when students in the US have their final exams, but in Europe this normally happens in June. Nearly all the rumoured European dates took place in June. That means that a lot of students wouldn't be able to go to the shows. They are a big part of U2's audience...
I hope they move all the European dates to July or August.

Actually for me a month delay will mean that my gf and I will not see U2 on tour for this album! We will be out of the country in 3 weeks after the original date so we will miss iot. Although i understand where you are comming from you can't say to get a life to people who are affected and have been wanting to see u2 badly. IE for me i miss the oppurtunity to see u2 for atleast another few years so ha!

Yahweh said:
The dates didnt even come out yet so I dont really see the big deal about the postponement its not like peoples lives are going to stop...people have lost the art of patience apparently.

A month difference in starting the tour doesnt mean much and I am sure it is a family illness that is causing the delay.

Some of the people on this board are truely sad to think otherwise.....you act like U2 are in politics or something and lie off the cuff all the time.

Get real and get a life if the delay affects you that much. The dates that were cancelled will be made up in October which will be better because the tour will be perfected by then and you will probably get a better show out of it.

I had a feeling something was going on anyway since we havent heard about any presale yet...and I believe for the Elevation tour tickets went on sale before Christmas if I am not mistaken so they obviously have been dealing with this issue for awhile.

Hate to say it, but I would be TOTALLY THRILLED if the tour starts/rehearsals are in Anaheim.

LuminousTimes said:

What is the source for this newest rumor?

U2 Tour Postponed? Ed. Note: Hot Press has the following additional information about the U2 tour postponement story Rolling Stone broke yesterday. Having originally been mooted to start on March 1 in Miami, it's now believed that the How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb trek will debut three weeks later in Las Vegas, with a brace of Croke Park shows still likely "

Right here at Interference from hotpress

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Tart

TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED SOME OF US WILL STILL BE AROUND AND WE WONT KNOCK YOU FOR PUTTING YOUR FAMILIES FIRST!!

ramblin rose said:

This is uncalled for. Relax.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Notice Paul said nothing about family illness at all, and that the reason for the delay was in fact technical reasons. My guess is they were having problems getting the venues in line, or getting fanfire ready for the onslaught of ticket sales.

Also, maybe a stadium tour will happen in the fall, so they are just going to stick with a few arena shows in the bigger markets this spring, then come back with the stadiums in the fall. I'm sure this album is doing much better than expected, and they see the potential for doing stadiums in America after all.

Have you ever thought thay maybe they are slightly reducing the amount of shows on the first leg so avoiding mutliple shows on two legs within a very short period of time?
God forbid that America gets less than 80 shows!!!:eyebrow:

Bono's Tart said:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Tart

TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED SOME OF US WILL STILL BE AROUND AND WE WONT KNOCK YOU FOR PUTTING YOUR FAMILIES FIRST!!

:rolleyes:

If you don't see a problem with your comment I can't help you. I think all of the people posting in this thread will still be around and I don't think anyone was knocking anyone for putting their families first.

Time to round up more money. Especially a GA line break at 2 a.m. in the morning and walk 15 blocks down the street to the Hard Rock Hotel.

From MTV.com

U2 Postpone Announcing Dates For World Tour
01.06.2005 12:19 PM EST

Spokesperson would not comment on reports that postponement is due to a family illness.

U2 has postponed the announcement of dates for their world tour in support of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The band had planned to announce the U.S. and international dates on Monday, but that has been put off indefinitely, according to manager Paul McGuinness.

"We've postponed the announcement of the tour because the routing is still being worked on," McGuinness said in a statement. "As soon as we get everything confirmed over the coming weeks, we'll let you know." A band spokesperson would not comment on media reports that the postponement was due to a family illness.

In December, McGuinness said that the tour was slated to kick off on March 1 in Florida and hit 35 U.S. arenas before heading overseas, and it's possible that the tour could still follow that plan.

The band spokesperson would also not comment on whether the change in tour plans would affect the band's attendance of the Grammy Awards ceremony on February 13 — they are nominated for three awards for their single "Vertigo" — or their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 14.

The next U.S. single from the band will be "All Because of You." The video for that song debuted Tuesday night during the Orange Bowl.

— Gil Kaufman

:sad: :ohmy: I don't like this. I hope everything is okay... :sad:

Last edited:
I agree with those who claim this "family illness" is the oldest trick in the book. Nap! After all--who do you assume to have cancer???
I think they're just annoying us to obtain more money $$$$$

The whole team is a bunch of clever old pricks, you know!

:blahblah:

Perhaps delaying the annoucement of the dates will build up a hype by itself. The dates will suddenly be announced after the postponement, and everyone will think "THERE ISN'T MUCH TIME, GOTTA GO AND BUY TICKETS NOW!" Rolling Stone is the only source to mention anything about illness in the family. Therefore, I tend to not believe this statement.

Jeez for all you people saying the "family illness" excuse is a ploy...The band or its management has not yet said anything about a family illness. RollingStone cited an unnamed source who said that...is that reliable?

I know the real story..they need 4 extra weeks to find the missing members of the Propaganda Subscriber database.

People here I have found to be absolutely selfish. The only date that was confirmed was the Miami date on March 1st and the tickets didnt go on sale yet.

U2 doesnt have to tour at all how would that make you all feel? Its delayed get over it and there is something called replanning and if the dates are moved to October as stated youve got 6 months to replan.

U2 has the right to postpone the tour for whatever reason they want even if its not a family illness after all they are the ones playing the shows.

Never been so ashamed to be a U2 fan with some of the comments that have been posted on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom