MERGED-->Tour postponed? + HTDAAB Tour Dates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teta040 said:
Guys..

Sorry if I'm going on and on about Edge's daughter as if I had some confirmation that this was the legitimate case.

I guess with a story like this, you can divide people into 2 groups..those who have personally experienced the chronic illness and/or death of a family member, and those who have not. I fall into the former. My grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 yrd ago. Luckily they caught it just in time but it was close, and since the treatment burned away part of her muscle there she has to spend the rest of her life wearing Depends every day. Folks, treatment isn't just a month and then you're out in post-patient. She went through 4 months of chemo hell, and after that, she recouperated for another 6 or 7 months. Luckily my mom is a teacher and the ilness struck at the beginning for summer, which she had off anyway, and she had built up a lot of sick time so she could take much of the falloff too. She moved inot my grandma;s house and helped the home health aide care for her. During the summer, I came up periodically and helped as well. It was a searing, awful experience that even though it was 5 yrs ago it changed my life and I'll never forget it. Even with all the windows open, her house stank, day and night...I won't go into the other details.

When something like this hits, you life just stops. It's impossible to go on just like normal. You can put up a good act but after a while, the act wears you down. nI supose the only consolationis that Edge will have the shows to distract him, if only for a few hours each night, and there is what scant comfort we thousands in the "U2 family" can give. I was thinking about this allday at work today, and how fortunate it is to be a fan, even in the worst times. The band have spent years going out of their way to make us feel the closest thing to a family that it's possible for strangers to be, and I hope we get to repay in kind, to the best of our ability. It is a uniquely beautiful thing, and something that gives me hope in the darkest of times. There are times when I thank God that in a sense, I'm never completely alone, in sense. Others don't have that.

I sometimes feel that U2 fandom provides a model for the rest of the world in its capacity to bond and "carry each other", and when (as familes often do) we bicker and "fight al lof the time", we never seperate. Now is not the time to fight. JUst as the band is doing.

Here's a thought: if the rumor is true (God forbid), let's say it's one of Aislinn's daughters. A sticky situation if Morleigh wants to comfort the grieving other wife; do you think she is refraining from that? Do you think Edge's first wife is currently refusing contact with the second, just because of her personal feelings? Ot do you think she is putting personal feelings aside and foign out of her way to give comfort? Sorry to speculate on Edge's personal business, it's horrible I know, but I'm just trying to give the ultimate example of people who have differences coming together. Of course it is not my business to even think on things like this, much less discuss it, but I couldn't help thinking abou tthis at work today. Sorry if I offend anybody with this post. but I'm sure if the rumor is true, this is indeed the case right now. And if it is so, by any chance, that's an example all of us must follow.

Sorry for saying this. THe point is, it really isn't our business to have the rumor confirmed; if the tour begins in the beginning of April then a) either the rumor was thankfully wrong, b) the extra month was just closing weeks of treatment, or c) well..that thought is too awful to speculate on. We just don't know.

All we can do is hope and pray, and do out best to "carry each other" as the song says.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: if this...if that...maybe so.....maybe not...maybe stop presuming.....please!

wow.. you guys need to get out more.. How about let things go.. it is a sad situation.. why doesn't everyone just give everyone a hug, and let it go.. its over.. we will find out more later on down the road.. Maybe they all want to wait for Baseball Season to start in the states.. (I am kidding) but the real thing is.. WE DON'T KNOW.. so lets just say screw it.. and enjoy these days up to the announcement of the Shows.. Agreed?

Let's all be supportive of Edge right now, Lord knows he needs it, regardless of who is sick. I was really looking forward to the tour, but if I were in his position, there would not be any debate as to what comes first.

I am going to lock this thread. If one of the other mods wants to open it back up, they're more than welcome to. At this point, it seems the thread has gotten away from it's intended purpose and has devolved into finger pointing, hurt feelings, name calling and self-defense, all of which is really not necessary.

Right now, it seems tabloids in Ireland are announcing that one of the Evans girls is sick. We do not know if this is true, we may never know. Whether it is true or not, The Edge's family (and the entire U2 organization by extension) is going through something at this moment and deserve are warmest thoughts and deepest respect. So forget the tour and whatever gripes may be bubbling up between individual forum members, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem very worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom