MERGED--> tour info + U2actung.com speaks of French shows + U2 in France: Stadiums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are French stadiums. Could we be seeing an arena/stadium tour? I hope. Those are fun.

U2actung.com speaks of French shows on the new tour

According to a reliable source, three French cities will be visited by U2 in 2005: Paris (Stade de France), Lyon (Stade Gerland), and Marseille (Stade Velodrome). Let?s consider this a rumour until someone official says otherwise.

A detailed tour schedule has not yet been revealed.

"Stade" in French means stadium, right?

I'm pretty sure Stade de France is a stadium on an old computer game I used to play ... so are they going stadiums straight away this time? Hmm. Time will tell.

Axver said:
I'm pretty sure Stade de France is a stadium on an old computer game I used to play ... so are they going stadiums straight away this time? Hmm. Time will tell.

Stade De France is a great stadium, built for the World Cup.

I hope this is true! it would suggest that the European tour at least will be outdoors..

Areana's the U.S in the first leg stadiums in Europe with a return leg to the US in stadiums if they're selling well enough? who knows!

But I do remember a rumour about this tour being more extravigant than PopMart.

Last edited:
U2 In France '05: Stadiums

U2franc.com are reporting that U2 will play three French cities during next year's tour, and each city will involve stadium concerts:

Paris: Stade de France
Lyon: Gerland stadium
Marseille: V?lodrome stadium

YES!!!!

YES!!!!!

the masters have returned to their trade! GO STADIUMS w00t!!

that of course doesn't rule out arenas right? :wink:

U2tour.de has an update on the "French shows" rumur: it says that U2achtung.com got an annonymus tip that U2 will play Stade de France in Paris on July 9 2005.

Back
Top Bottom