MERGED --> Tips for us west coasters? + You guys have me getting SCARED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_One1932

Acrobat
Tips for us west coasters?

So, when does it ask for our code and what other tips do u have for us??? Please, Please, Please... tell us what to do. I haven't been this freaked since i got rear ended on the way to their show in san jose (the 4-20-01 show) and had to run the last two miles to the arena cuz my car had to be towed.

Not much you can do. Their system sucks. Make sure you are there right at the very first minute and pray, pray, pray.

Propaganda was so much better.

I hate U2.com... and, the worse thing, it is also making me quite mad at U2 in general.

It's in the laps of the God really - if the TM system craps out during the purchasing process (and it most likely will), you may lose the use of the presale code. One way or another, you're going to have to try anyway, or else you have no chance of getting a ticket.

I think a lot of success today has been due to luck really. Speaking of which...I hope you have the good variety!!

Fingers crossed for you.

You guys have me getting SCARED!

By reading all the posts, it seems that there are alot of really pissed off people. I am going to attempt to get tickets in San Jose, and now I am not confident that I will get them.

I am getting really scared. password codes not working, tickets selling out at 10:00 on the button, WOW. And not it seems that the forums on the U2.com website are closed for "routine mantainance"....right....

damn! anything I should be doing to improve my chances?

Be afraid......

Nah there's nothing you can do I'm afraid. Pick your concert, enter the code, then pray to the Gods of rock that Ticketbastard's system doesn't fall on its ass!

Best of luck - hope you fare better than I did!

is there any advantage to having an acccoutn with the billing info already entered with ticketmaster? I set up an account with them last night - entered all my credit card info... so maybe i can avoid having to enter all that again??

I made an account with Ticketmaster thinking the same thing. But I never actually got to the billing part. It can't hurt, though.

1 - Use Explorer. Ticketbastard doesn't play well with Netscape. I got HOSED because of this.

2 - Set up your Ticketbastard account BEFOREHAND, like while you're waiting, if you don't already have one. Then when it asks you to 'create an account' you just hit "sign in" way over on the right instead. Speeds things up a LOT.

3 - Hit "Any price", "Best available", and PRAY.

madonna's child said:
I made an account with Ticketmaster thinking the same thing. But I never actually got to the billing part. It can't hurt, though.

off-topic - love you av. Lain rocks :)

pray for me LOL

Quick question, I am purchasing tickets for somone that can't use her computer so I am doing it from work. I have all her info, but do I need the 3 digit number on the back of the credit card?

Yeah, you might need the three digit number, actually.......try calling her if you can.

madonna's child said:

off-topic - love you av. Lain rocks :)

pray for me LOL

One tip:

If you get the error that you used your password already when you did not, go back to the email u2.com sent you. Click on the US tickets link and find the venue you're trying to get into. Somehow, that seems to reset things. At least, it did for me.

(Note, I didn't get 2 sets of tickets. I just froze at the crucial purchasing phase the first time around. This isn't a way to get more than one set of tickets, just a workaround to get a pair.)

Last edited:
I set up an account for her, and it didn't ask for the number. So I am hoping it will work! We are going to use her code for San Diego and mine for Phx or San Jose. :yikes: I don't have my hopes up for getting anything though.

If it doesn't work, I'll see what Saturday brings. :|

So you should choose best available to try to get GA's?? I am so scared.

15 Minutes before sales start on my first ever U2 show.....i'm so nervous....i dont know if thats spelt right.

I just hope i can get on....and get ANYTHING....first thing i'm offerd, i'm taking.

oh well, failed at NY and Boston, let's try at the staples center in LA.

"Once more unto the breech, Dear Friends."

EPandAmerica said:
I set up an account for her, and it didn't ask for the number. So I am hoping it will work! We are going to use her code for San Diego and mine for Phx or San Jose. :yikes: I don't have my hopes up for getting anything though.

If it doesn't work, I'll see what Saturday brings. :|

YES you will need her three digit code!!!!!!!!

Not to set up an account but to check out once you have the tickets!!!!

1. If you can't get 2 tickets right away, then try for 1 at a time.

2. NEVER close the window after you've entered in the security code. Use the back button and refresh button.

3. It is OK to refresh while you are on the "searching" page. Well, at least it was okay for me, I managed 1 ticket.

Good luck everyone.

Back
Top Bottom