MERGED-->The GENERAL SALE Discussion, Bragging, Etc., Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, admission.com DOES suck. There's still 45 minutes to go, and I can't even access the site itself, nevermind the U2 page.

Ottawa GA (2 of 'em) on the floor. Huzzah! Only took nineteen minutes of waiting via ottawatickets.ca

Now let's see if my tickets actually fabricate in the real, offline world.

:D Just grabbed 5 tickets for Pittsburgh in 3 minutes! That was so freaking easy compared to the Great Boston Shutout last week!

Got shut out of Cleveland GA bu managed to score one GA each for Toronto 3 and 4!!!

Montreal was a NIGHTMARE. I have floor tickets from the presale, but because of just one show, the public onsale was impossible. Tried the web and the phone and didn't get through once - in either place.

Looks like my friends are screwed.

oh my god. i just HAD 2 GA for st. louis, went to place the order, and got an error page. homgaonadsdas0o;dgsadas. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

and now i'm trying again and i've got a 15 minute wait.

i think i'm going to be ill.

i went back and printed my GA offer page. if i bring this up with ticketmaster, do i have any shot of them giving me the tickets? it's because of their STUPID SYSTEM that i didn't get them. oh my god. :(

Absolutely no GA's to Milwaukee. My husband and I were both working on it from 2 computers...started before 10...kept refreshing...etc

mads said:
oh my god. i just HAD 2 GA for st. louis, went to place the order, and got an error page. homgaonadsdas0o;dgsadas. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

and now i'm trying again and i've got a 15 minute wait.

i think i'm going to be ill.

i went back and printed my GA offer page. if i bring this up with ticketmaster, do i have any shot of them giving me the tickets? it's because of their STUPID SYSTEM that i didn't get them. oh my god. :(

Mads, did you check your order history and see if they are in there by chance? How did you do? I got in right at 10am and immediately had a 15 minute wait. I was just going for cheap seats since I got my GA's on Tuesday. How bad am I for keeping the GA's and giving my son tickets behind the stage? :giggle:

nope, never got a chance to pay for them. i was still on the shipping/confirmation page. siiiigh.

after waiting almost 30 minutes in the 15 minute line (heh), i got row Q in section 307. le crap.
there are still some better 300-level seats available for $95, but i can really only afford the $50 tickets. :|

couldn't get through to ticketmaster on the phone, so i sent them a bitchy email about it. not that i really expect them to do anything about it except laugh at me.

i guess i should be happy that at least i get to go. but i've never had GA before (nor have i ever seen U2 before at all... chicago 5/7 will be my first) and i was so excited about it. :sad:

Can anyone tell me how the following tickets are, in terms of viewing/listening quality?

Section 102, Row 5:

13002s.gif

This is going to be my first U2 concert! I've been waiting for this day for over four years now.

GibsonGirl said:
Can anyone tell me how the following tickets are, in terms of viewing/listening quality?

Section 102, Row 5:

Very close to the floor, you will have a very good view of the stage, it will just be quite far away.

Sound is fine - ACC isn't the greatest acoustic place, but it's not terrible either.

anitram said:

Very close to the floor, you will have a very good view of the stage, it will just be quite far away.

Sound is fine - ACC isn't the greatest acoustic place, but it's not terrible either.

That's not too bad, I suppose. :) At least they'll have video screens.

*dies again*

I can't believe it...I really can't. I keep on expecting my alarm clock to go off!

:bow: :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: :bow:

Got one ticket to Ottawa - Section 204, Row F, seat 6 (In the far, right corner when facing out from the stage... I'm satisfied!)

I was so scared, I had two 100-level tickets ready to confirm, but they expired and were released... then I was shut out of the ticket screen. When I finally got back (after like 10 minutes) I went for a single seat and got my ticket, but now my Dad is SOL:huh:

mads said:
i guess i should be happy that at least i get to go. but i've never had GA before (nor have i ever seen U2 before at all... chicago 5/7 will be my first) and i was so excited about it. :sad:

That really sucks! I know the excitement of seeing the G.A. tickets pop up after the wait on Ticketmaster. You know what though... You are still really in for a treat!! For the Elevation tour I went to 2 shows. For one I had seats in the rafters and for the other I had 1st row seats in 'Gold Circle.' Being up high in the auditorium is like being in the cat seat. You can see everything from there and take in the whole experience. As crazy as it sounds, I liked sitting in the uppers better. U2 shows are like nothing else. There's a feeling of unity and upliftedness and no one in the place walks out disappointed with their seating. Or if they have, I've never heard about it.

GibsonGirl said:

That's not too bad, I suppose. :) At least they'll have video screens.

You'll have a great time. You got lucky with a section right opposite the stage - that's MUCH better than the ones in the corner in the ACC, or at least that's been my experience.

shut out of Atlanta #2
shut out of St. Louis
shut out of Milwaukee

got 1 GA for Cleveland.

I was in line behind a scalper, who got 8 tickets to St. Louis, 4 of which were GA. He also ended up with 8 to Milwaukee.

When it was my turn for St. Louis, the printer jammed and had to be opened and reloaded with blank tickets. This took 5 minutes, so eliminated any chance of tickets.

I had 4 friends trying online and another friend at a different TM outlet--nothing. At the TM outlet the woman first in line changed her mind 3 times about which seats she wanted so ruined it for everyone.

Having bitched and moaned, I did get my shot at great tickets in the presale for other shows, and I am grateful for that. I'm genuinely happy for people who got tickets who have been shut out so far.

I managed to get 1 ticket in section 107 (seating chart) for Montreal. I'm SO grateful, especially considering how difficult it was.

So... What's it like being behind the stage?

Got 2 tickets to the Cleveland Show for me and my brother. The GA's were sold out ... kinda depressed.:(

We got tickets in section 120 in row 19 (Seating Chart) ... I would also like to know how the behind the stage seating is.

This is going to be my first U2 concert ... I'm soooooo pumped!:D

Back
Top Bottom