MERGED-->The GENERAL SALE Discussion, Bragging, Etc., Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm bringing friends who have small bladders so we can't do the GA thing. I got Toronto tickets-- Monday Section 118 Row 12, and Wednesday Section 118 Row 18. I wonder what it takes to get Row 1?! Any Torontonians, I'll see you there!!

1ST LEG DENVER APRIL 20TH SECTION 104
ROW 10 APRIL 21ST SECTION 102 ROW 14. CHICAGO MAY 9TH SECTOIN 120 ROW 8!! MAY 10TH GA!! DECEMBER 15TH IN OMAHA SECTION 103 ROW 10!! SO FAR THATS IT. WORKING ON MORE FALL SHOWS!! TALK ABOUT STRESSFUL.

ROB IN OMAHA

Did anyone here get GA's in L.A. general sales? I havent seen many of you Angelinos flaunting them tixs.

i got nosebleed :sad: ... but i BETTER get GA's on the next sale.. or else.. its roadtrip to Vegas.

Hi guys...I bought two GA tickets for Toronto 2 this morning. I'm very excited to say the least...but...I have a concern.

I purchased the tickets with my girlfriend's credit card (who will be attending with me, in case anyone is wondering:)

Does this pose a problem for me, if the tickets are purchased under her name, using my u2.com code?

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation...or am I? Hmmm...any help or advice for an excited, and little nervous ticket purchaser?

Thanks!:)

I bought 2 GA tickets to Toronto...but i noticed when I was purchasing them that they said FLOOR 2....what does that mean? I was under the impression that it was going to be a same day draw? I am hoping to get as close to the stage as possible (as i'm sure everyone with GA's are) and If someone could clairify, that would be great!

Any Montrealers who could tell me whether I have more of a chance of getting tickets through admission.com, than through ticketmaster? It does seem more reliable than ticketmaster to me.

Man, I am so freaked out about this Saturday. :ohmy:

Its only through admission.com that you can get tickets here in Montreal Ticketmaster doesn't work for us.
So try by phone and Internet at the same time...i wish you the best of luck! ::)

GA to both Oct Philly gigs, as well as the two May ones.

Goin to that dress rehearsal gig in LA in less than 10 days as well!

eruditz said:
Any Montrealers who could tell me whether I have more of a chance of getting tickets through admission.com, than through ticketmaster? It does seem more reliable than ticketmaster to me.

Man, I am so freaked out about this Saturday. :ohmy:

You have to buy your ticket from www.admission.com or by phone 514-790-1245. Actually ticketmaster.com is a lot more reliable under lot of pressure than admission.

Good luck

Thanks, both of you! I was wondering because ticketmaster.ca provides absolutely no information at all, and this is the first time I'm buying a ticket for a show this huge.

U2_Fan_Forever1 said:
I bought 2 GA tickets to Toronto...but i noticed when I was purchasing them that they said FLOOR 2....what does that mean? I was under the impression that it was going to be a same day draw? I am hoping to get as close to the stage as possible (as i'm sure everyone with GA's are) and If someone could clairify, that would be great!

It's just a way of sectioning off the floor for administrative purposes. When they have seats on the floor for other events, they are sectioned off into 9 sections at the ACC, I believe. When they have GA, they will still section tickets off, say 300/section or something like that, but it doesn't mean anything with respect to lining up.

Thanks! I was worried that I wouldn't have as much chance of getting up close. I manged to find out through ticketmaster that the floors meant nothing and that it was only for inventory purposes and I appreciate you responding to my question! Thank you!

4 Detroit GAs!!! :faint:

Got the first 2 on the first try, only 1 minute wait.

Next two came through after 3 tries - 1st request under GA (no tix), 2nd under Best Available (second level tix), 3rd try under best available gave me 2 more GAs!! :hyper:

Last edited:
So far, Detroit 2 isn't selling so well. I'm pulling up pairs in rows 2-3 in the 200 levels, and pairs of 100 level seats in 116/117.

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
4 Detroit GAs!!! :faint:

Got the first 2 on the first try, only 1 minute wait.

Next two came through after 3 tries - 1st request under GA (no tix), 2nd under Best Available (second level tix), 3rd try under best available gave me 2 more GAs!! :hyper:

How are you getting all of these?

Different addresses and such? lol :up:

bbison said:
So far, Detroit 2 isn't selling so well. I'm pulling up pairs in rows 2-3 in the 200 levels, and pairs of 100 level seats in 116/117.

Well, I can tell you GA was pretty much gone within the first 5 minutes...

No one said Detroit 2 would sell out in the first hour, but it will sell out for sure...

Is it ok for me to buy 2 general admission tickets on the general sale day this Saturday, when I had bought two GA tickets for the same show during the pre-sale? I think it is allowed, but I am not sure...

I don't believe that is safe if you are using the same credit card, name or billing address... it is 2 GAs per show per household. Use someone else's credit card (that doesnt live in the same place as you) to be safe

I got EXCELLENT seats through the general sale......
WOW !!!! Miracles can happen !!!

Section 122 (Row 3) 9/20 Chicago
Section 218 (Row 2) 9/21 Chicago

Total of 8 tickets ( 4 per show )

Thank you TicketMaster....... You are wonderful !!!!
U2.com presale.......... Total Disappointment ( crap seats for May )

And also through general sale... ( thanks again Ticket Master!! )
Lower Level Section Reserved Seats For NY MSG 10/8 & 10/10
My friends in NY ... also scored these NY seats through their general sale too, WOW... this really is AMAZING !!!!
I can't wait til I visit NY in October .... this fall is gonna be GREAT!!
TicketMaster....... you're GREAT !!!! Thanks alot !!! :up: :up:

Okay, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm getting nervous. For the general sale in Canada, it is 10:00 EST, right?

eruditz said:
Yes, it is. I double-checked!

Thank you. :hug: That means I can go eat some breakfast. It's 9:42 NST, so there's still a while to go yet.

ATL is so f***ed, I was in right at 9, and it took 4 minutes for them 2 tell me there were no GA!!!!!!! We'll see about Miami...

I was right in at 9am as well and requested 2 $97 seats for Atlanta. After about 2 minutes it told me the only two seats were behind the stage. Something is seriously not right with that. i figured that everyone pulling GA and the expensive up close seats would get tickets while I was doing the middle of the road.

I do not remember the first show last week selling out that quick.

Back
Top Bottom