MERGED--> Terror alert in NYC-MSG + No waiting for tickets allowed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly40

The Fly
Terror alert in NYC-MSG

Do you think bringing a camera into MSG tomorrow will be a problem now that there is a newly raised "terror alert" in NYC as of this afternoon?

I've always brought a camera into other shows but I was never very obvious about it. Sort of hid it. Now security will probably be doing strict searches of every person who enters the arena. Every pocket, bag, etc.

Well, the alert is regarding the subways, so I can't see how it's going to make a difference on their camera policies.

Considering Penn Station runs directly below MSG and there is a subway on practically every corner security throughout the entire city will be MUCH heavier--both in the subways and above ground--including MSG.

Just wondering if the security guards will continue to turn a blind eye now that ever bag and pocket will be searched. The ticket clearly states "NO Cameras".

Terror alerts are rubbish anyway, go and have fun and don't let politics get in your way of memories.

Re: Terror alert in NYC-MSG

TheFly40 said:
Do you think bringing a camera into MSG tomorrow will be a problem now that there is a newly raised "terror alert" in NYC as of this afternoon?

I've always brought a camera into other shows but I was never very obvious about it. Sort of hid it. Now security will probably be doing strict searches of every person who enters the arena. Every pocket, bag, etc.

cameras!!? let's hope the tapers get in!

they are concerned w/ baby strollers and briefcases on the subways...so bringing a camera to msg shouldn't be an issue.

new york city has been on a raised terror alert since 9/11.

we're always on code orange.

cameras will not be an issue... although i'm sure they'll check every bag on the way in.. which they always do anyways.

whenever i go to the garden i only bring what i can hold in my hands. so when i walk through the front gates, i got my iPod, wallet, keys hatever already in my hands, raise my hands as i walk through, the guy runs the wand ove rme real quick and lets me through. saves time for me and them.

NYC-MSG No waiting for tickets allowed!! TERROR

i keep getting kicked out of the garden area. i usually sit all day for those few GA tickets they release. They won't let anybody line up. Cops everywhere. Bomb sniffing dogs. dogs and cats sleeping together. mass hysteria!!

Calm down - calm down - there was a false alarm at Penn Station.

I am sure they will let you get to the windows soon...

Re: NYC-MSG No waiting for tickets allowed!! TERROR

U2 Blinky Light said:
i keep getting kicked out of the garden area. i usually sit all day for those few GA tickets they release. They won't let anybody line up. Cops everywhere. Bomb sniffing dogs. dogs and cats sleeping together. mass hysteria!!

Nice Ghostbusters snippet in your post! I love that movie.

So is there anyone lining up at all? I know that they had set up the barricades for the GA line...what's going on there now?

Also, rain is predicted so the GA line will not be fun at all this weekend!

Re: NYC-MSG No waiting for tickets allowed!! TERROR

U2 Blinky Light said:

ahhh Ghostbusters line:drool:

to everyone seeing the shows this next week - I'll tell you the same thing I'd tell people seeing the show anywhere else

stay safe and have fun :D

yeah, ghostbusters rock.

they let us line up for tickets, but somehow i ended up 12th in line after being (1st) here since the early am.

Back
Top Bottom