MERGED-->Stage plans: bringing it all together + Stage is a bomb, not an egg or oval.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acoustic Desire is the best version of that song that their is, even if it's just based on crowd participation.

I have seen a couple of other concerts with the video floor panels on the stage and I'm telling you it will be sick U2-style, especially for those people who are in the nosebleeds.

If anyone is bummed because they are in the upper levels, do not worry, this show will be a visual experience best viewed from the upper levels. U2 is one of the best at making the people who are farthest away feeling like they're in the middle of the show.

GA is only good if you get in the heart/oval. Being in the back on the floor can really suck in my opinion, no matter who's playing.

This last seating chart and several others point out to the fact that a bigger and higher device must be integrated into the stage, since they are only selling the upper sections behind the stage, as opposed to Elevation where it went all the way down.

Here is some more rumor/info from U2eastlink (Spanish site). Apparently some guy at a radio station talked with Paul McGuiness and got some info about the set-list (which can be seen in the set-list forum) and the stage. This is a brief translation (not mine) from the other forum.

This information comes from a radio show which is supposed to be very accurate in the information they give about groups like Rolling Stones or U2.

Supposedly, their correspondent had an interview with Paul McGuiness. Paul told him that the stage will have several platforms and a video system very sophisticated (the most sophisticated at this very moment).

The stage will be larger and more spectacular than what it was in the Elevation Tour but not as much as it was in ZooTv or Popmart. Because of the different kind of venues, in Europe the stage will be a little larger than in the US.

They are rehearsing 35 songs, and a regular setlist for any given concert may be close to 21-23 songs. The only clue about the songs that Paul gave him is how they are going to link WOWY and Streets. It is supposed to be the most amazing moment of the concert.

oceane said:
I concur. I always thought that design with an egg/ramp AND a B-stage was weird, and a logistical nightmare, so very unlikely. I think they will have one of both but not both at the same time.

You have to think that the floor in an arena is not that big, and that whatever extands from the stage cannot go that far. First and foremost because the sound booth must be right in front of the stage and at a reasonable distance from it. Second, if there would be and egg/heart section, people inside could barely see anything at all if there was *another* ramp.

That design just doesn't make sense. I think it will be something similar to Elevation in terms of having a ramp and an enclosed section.

The ramp they're referring to is probably just the catwalk that goes out into the crowd, just like the heart did.

oceane said:
This last seating chart and several others point out to the fact that a bigger and higher device must be integrated into the stage, since they are only selling the upper sections behind the stage, as opposed to Elevation where it went all the way down.

This isn't true, at least in SoCal.

I'm in the 4th row of the lowest section behind the stage for opening night, and I know many people who are behind the stage on lower levels at other shows.

i was offered low section behind the stage over the weekend for Staples center, but another window had just opened up where I got 11th row side stage in the lower section, 114 so I snatched that up instead,

oceane said:

not true...houston lower bowl behind the stage was sold

kromeis said:

not true...houston lower bowl behind the stage was sold

I went through a lot of the venue seating charts ('cos I have no life) a few weeks ago.

In MOST cases, they were selling MORE lower level seats than they did for the generic end stage concerts, leading me to believe the stage might be positioned further away from the end than usual.

It's also rumored on one of the other sites that first hand reports say this will actually be one of th emost "open" stage set ups they've had.

great idea for a thread, knox.

there are some real good stage looks here, can't wait to see it in person!!

that spoiler sounds like a good idea as well. thanks for the info headache.

I don't know if anyone cares or has noticed, but, the stage design looks like a bomb. Is anyone familiar with "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" ? One of the seating charts from ticketmaster has a design, that from above looks like one of the original atomic bomb designs.

You are very correct hogleg- the design does look much like an atomic-bomb. Heh, don't think its coincidence.

Hey I just noticed that too. It looks like the bombs that were dropped in the old wars.. They had those fins and small fan in the back of them. I wonder if this stage will incompass the entire back area including the sides!

"It's going off in the bomb!" has a better ring to it than "It's going off in the egg!" don't you think?

Stage is a bomb, not an egg or oval.

Several different seating charts have a diagram of the stage that looks like "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" from WWII. "It's going off in the bomb!"

kobayashi said:
hsbc arena, buffalo.

hsbc_5512875_smap.gif

I think I got the first pair of seats for Buffalo on Tuesday. Sec 105, Row 1 seats 9,10.

That makes me believe that the ramp will come out much further than the heart ramp did.

Back
Top Bottom