MERGED-->stage design drawings, plans, speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Rotating Stage Set up (San Diego)

San_Diego_Arena_U2.gif

Considering the Vertigo video, this does make a lot of sense.

(found at the dutch Fanclub forum www.u2fanclub.nl)

But still... just rumours so far

Last edited:
Looks nice but rotating stage is too boyband-like IMO.

:|

I also hope there is more to the oval egg than it just being the re-shaped heart from Elevation part II.

Last edited:
How can there be any kind of B stage with that kind of set up? It doesn't look like there's a catwalk running around the boundary of the "egg".

I'm sure more concrete details will be coming soon, but right now we have a lot of contradictory information.

laz

Wow... it would be very cool. But does this picture look fake? The colors seem so clear compared to the rest. Oh, I hope this is true. Many more people can get close. Thanks for sharing this, Vorsprung.

Edit: It can also be that just the floor is rotating. It would make much more sense than the whole thing rotates.

Last edited:
LOL i think we can safley say not everyone will agree, someone will always say ooo i dont like it

Think about it. On the Elevation tour I remember people almost fighting to get right in front of Bono. Here everyone will have a chance. The stage will probably rotate very slowly.

(Wouldn't want the guys to just fly off the stage :huh:)

HelloAngel said:
Oh gosh. I really don't know what to think about that. :huh:

Well, you don't have to put a thought into it really. :wink:

This would make "behind the stage" and "beside the stage" $49-$95 priced tickets the best deal then. Its not going to happen. Besides, the first 10 rows behind the stage (in arenas) were never sold due to having no sight.

God Part III said:
I hope not. No videowalls.

I am sorry to ruin your day, but it has been confirmed that the company the did the LED video screen work on the last tour are back again. I believe @U2 has the details on this.

I dont believe it. I dont see how in the hell U2 would have sold seats for the entire US with "end-stage" seating charts but then make it in the round.
Either way from my nosebleeds for SD1 I guess it doesnt matter, but I just think its unlikely. Plus I agree with electrical voice, the colors are so off in that pic.
Well 27 more days and we will see for ourselves!!! :hyper:

Could be...I'm so afraid that the video screen is going to be the crap that was featured at the Oscars....where the floor is the monitor...which I think would be incredibly annoying.:madspit:

Roland of Gilead said:

Well, you don't have to put a thought into it really. :wink:

This would make "behind the stage" and "beside the stage" $49-$95 priced tickets the best deal then. Its not going to happen. Besides, the first 10 rows behind the stage (in arenas) were never sold due to having no sight.

what he said...

makes perfect sense.

Roland of Gilead said:

I am sorry to ruin your day, but it has been confirmed that the company the did the LED video screen work on the last tour are back again. I believe @U2 has the details on this.

I'm not sure he's complaining that there are video walls, he might be complaining that with an 'in the round' setup, there's no logical way to set up video walls. Of course, video walls have already been confirmed, so either this diagram is a hoax or the band have a new idea for how to set up the video walls.

I've seen this graphic before. Like, weeks ago, before the tour announcment, I can't remember where. But I think it's a fan who drew this as an idea involving a center rotating stage. Nothing telling us it's the real thing. Actually, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

All other recent info/rumours we have points out to an end stage, NOT a stage in the center of the floor.

I doubt it... This would put down the video screen that has been confirmed and people would be up in arms over ticket price differences.

I can't wait until opening night in San Diego...when they open the doors I'll call someone here and describe what it all looks like and they can post it...only then will the speculation end....unless they offer someone a sneak at rehearsals...

It's finally March!!!

ElectricalVoice said:
Think about it. On the Elevation tour I remember people almost fighting to get right in front of Bono. Here everyone will have a chance. The stage will probably rotate very slowly.

(Wouldn't want the guys to just fly off the stage :huh:)

me either!! But the image of them flying off the stage is kinda funny!:lol: Of course it not actually happening. It just brings memories of being on the playground as a kid and getting on that spinning thing with rails that everyone got on and eventually someone who spin it too fast and some kid would fly off into the sand.. LOL....

EXCLUSIVE from u2preservation...

Here is the REAL stage setup

With the "Parking Lot Stage" for all those unhappy fans without tickets. Also has the Nosebleed Stage for those fans with "Premium" fanclub seats.

sdsetup.jpg

I thought for sure this was posted in one of those "Put your stage designs here" threads here on Interference. Can anyone search the archive for threads about stage design? I thought this was just one of many ideas created by an Interferencer.

Back
Top Bottom