MERGED-->stage design drawings, plans, speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Islander said:
Whats the red zone??

Brussels had strange tickets which appear to be a standing section in front of GA, it was red on ticketmaster's diagram of the stadium.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Two questions:

1) What are wave breakers?

2) What is the egg??

1) Wave breakers is a term used to describe gaps between imposeed rows within the standing section, allowing the venues' members of staff to move around within the standing/GA section

2) 'The egg' is the term we are currently using to describe a scenario similar to 'the heart' from the Elevation show. Basically, there was a heart-shaped walkway that encased several hundred staning members of the crowd at the last tour, 'The Egg' is a rumoured possibility for this tour, so named due to its rumoured shape.

ok... so we have two totaly diferent plans for staduim shows...

How about a third plan...

Slaski Stadium - Poland - the show is on 5th of July

slaski_u2.gif

I realy can't wait to see how the stage will look like...

Last edited:
I would not give too much of the Munich plan. Looking at it, it looks much more like an evacuation plan (just look at the big arrows pointing to the exit (Notausgang) as well as for ticketing. Maybe the venue had to show the stage design teams where they are allowed to build the stage so it does not obstructed evacuation and which tickets they would be selling.

I would not be surprised if at least one of the wavebrakers becomes a walkway and if there is a b-stage as well. If I think about that U2 was amongst the first to introduce a b-stage, they will know that they will have to have one again.

That's a good point two shots, I thought about that too. This could very well be a plan for the venue and security, and not a full technical set-up plan, so the real thing might look very different.

stage Design

i know we've seen a design for the munich concert. does anyone have any info on the North American stage design. i think it would be cool to have an atomic bomb symbol (the circle with the 3 curved rectanglish pieces unattached to the circle). bono could stand on the circle, and the rest of the members could stand on the other parts. these parts could be red and there could be black walkways inbetween the different areas. thoughts?

I want something unique. Could be low tech, could be hi-tech, I don't care. Something new and exciting is what I like. Make me think "wow, never seen that before..."

Does anyone know anything specific about the stage design on the North American tour this spring? I'm thinking about getting tix behind the stage, and wonder if it going to be an open design like the last tour? The tickets do not say obstructed view, lower level, right behind stage, Vancouver BC. What do you think?

kidding said:
Does anyone know anything specific about the stage design on the North American tour this spring? I'm thinking about getting tix behind the stage, and wonder if it going to be an open design like the last tour? The tickets do not say obstructed view, lower level, right behind stage, Vancouver BC. What do you think?

I'm quite sure it'll be like last time as far as being behind the stage goes, there'd be plenty of pissed off people (which U2 probably doesn't want anymore of right now!) if there was an obstructed view without the ticket holder knowing in advance. :wink:

Last edited:
sandiegoarena.jpg

The wait is almost over. The official tour announcement is just hours away, and we’ve got a li’l something that may make you more excited about it if you’re a general admission lover.

Since the revelation that there would be a U2 tour in 2005, fans have been speculating about the band having a special general admission section similar to the heart during the Elevation Tour. Speculate no more! We’re happy to report that there will indeed be a special general admission section for the Vertigo Tour.

The design of the special general admission section is oval, or egg-shaped, and features a unique entrance. We can’t say that we know a lot about the design and how fans will fit inside of it, but we can show you what it looks like as configured for the opening show at San Diego Sports Arena.

I really like the idea of being inside that oval. I wonder if the "target" stage will sink or rise like the target did in the Vertigo video.

there is also a second stage design floating around and some speculation about what the gray thingy is that extends from the oval...no way of knowing till the opener, i guess!

sandiego_sports_arena2.jpg

ruffian said:
there is also a second stage design floating around and some speculation about what the gray thingy is that extends from the oval...no way of knowing till the opener, i guess!

sandiego_sports_arena2.jpg

You know, I was just reading in another thread, http://forum.interference.com/t115740.html , about how U2 plans to play on an island b-stage for a few songs with just a bongo/acoustic setup. I betcha that the oval extender in the above pic leads to the "island" that people are referring to.

yep, read that post but don't know how much to believe...but it would be incredible if diagram #2 is correct and the thing at the end is an island.

barbie girl said:
I really like the idea of being inside that oval. I wonder if the "target" stage will sink or rise like the target did in the Vertigo video.

Welcome to the forum!

That is a great idea about the stage oval stage setup sinking and rising like in the vertigo video. I could see it happening. After all, there are many rumours flying around about the show being a spectacle. A rising and sinking stage certainly would be a spectactle to me!

Back
Top Bottom