MERGED-->stage design drawings, plans, speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GA and Egg GA ????

Hi I just want to see if anyone else encountered this choice.....

I bought pre-sale tickets to the Munich show on Eventim.de..... they offered 4 choices (all in German):
1/ sitzplatz (expensive)
2/ stehplatz Innenraum
3/ sitzplatz (cheap seats)
4/ stehplatz cheap

I went with choice two and its on my email receipt still..... it loosely translats "your state inner ring"....

do you think the band offered fans to buy their way into the egg instead of hordes of GA lining up early to get in .

i think it possible means the inner-ring of the seating chart - ie the ones lowest down and directly incircling the pitch
well thats my take anyway :shrug:

-Is there anyone else out there who bought tickets off Eventim.de that can comment ?

-Did ticketmaster offer two types of GA?

-Never been to an outdoor stadium venue, so you think i'm on the track?

Don't think so. I see three possibilities:
It might be that the Munich stadium has standing terraces
2. It could mean innenraum is the pitch
3. but it could also mean the front end of the pitch. In Brussels the pitch has been divided in a red and blue zone. Red zone close to the stage (including the egg) and blue zone behind that.

A detailed plan for MUNICH !!!

This is a pdf file , showing in detail , that there will be 2 wavebreakers in the stadium ( 1400 in the first one , 1700 in the second ), the egg will be on the stage !!!

Check it out :::

munich

Tin

Last edited:
thanks very much, studying it now

BTW: you must copy and paste the link above and replace the ++++++++++++ with y o u s e n d i t and then the link should appear. You must save it too, opening doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
57557643_l.jpg

I think this is the stage area

Hey Thanks for the help everone..... great map too, looks like someone
here has access to engineering schematics.

I will just have to wait until i get my tickets to see if they are special enough to access the 1700 person section......

yes, I see that now... maybe they aren't ramps but 4 foot wide fenced off areas where security/paramedics and official people can cut back and forth across the field.

Yep, those look like barricades, not ramps, i.e. not something Bono will walk on. But who knows... I think the two break-out thing is a good idea in any case. As for this thing coming out of the egg, it's really not clear what it is either. The two 'towers' say FOH Spot towers, which probably means Front of House follow spots, and therefore might have more to do with technical devices than actual stage parts to be used by the band.

I have no doubts that there will be 'some' device allowing Bono/the band to get closer to the crowd, but looking at this plan it's really hard to say exactly what it will be.

Man, that'd be disappointing if they have no walk ways out to crowd, I've always loved that section of their shows.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
those ramps/baracades aren't connected to the main stage though... :hmm:

Yah, I think you're right. Those are barracades and Bono won't be jumping around on them.

There has always been talk of different show designs for the US and Europe...

..innenraum means pitch...
.... the seperation of the pitch is indeed meant for security reasons... As a matter of fact, being in the pitch is very, very comfortable... enough room to walk about freely... amazing...

....Nice thing is, I've got tix for the red zone in Brussels.... ;)

hello, this is a bit off the topic, but still, i have to give it a try...
does anyone have an extra ticket for munich show i could buy? if you do (or know any place i could buy it) please email me at martasecnik@yahoo.com

thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom