MERGED --> Springteen at the Chicago Shows... + May 18th, Bruce ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SoCalMusicLover said:
If it happened, it would be on Thursday, as Bruce has a show elsewhere on Tuesday, and won't be in Chicago until Wednesday.

hes here in philly tuesday...i am seeing the show.

That would require U2 to alter the "script" of the current shows, something that simply can't be done, for the sake of all the casual fans who came to hear "Pride" or "SBS." Sorry Bruce.

MrBrau1 said:
That would require U2 to alter the "script" of the current shows, something that simply can't be done, for the sake of all the casual fans who came to hear "Pride" or "SBS." Sorry Bruce.

:lol:

Nothing like a good bit of cynicism! C'mon MrBrau1 U2's been scripting their shows from the beginning.

MrBrau1 said:

You forgot to finish your post ---

Real fans would love it, casual fans would not. Real fans deserve to be in the Bomb Shelter, casual fans do not. Real fans make up 85% of the audience, casual fans 15%. Real fans want to hear Gloria, Lemon, The Wanderer, casual fans think those are a girl's name, something you add to water at AppleBees, and another name for panhandlers.

U2 should do what real fans want them to do. I'm a real fan, call me Bono, I can help you make the tour perfect.

:wink:

BWU2Buffs said:

You forgot to finish your post ---

Real fans would love it, casual fans would not. Real fans deserve to be in the Bomb Shelter, casual fans do not. Real fans make up 85% of the audience, casual fans 15%. Real fans want to hear Gloria, Lemon, The Wanderer, casual fans think those are a girl's name, something you add to water at AppleBees, and another name for panhandlers.

U2 should do what real fans want them to do. I'm a real fan, call me Bono, I can help you make the tour perfect.

:wink:

I hope that wink hinted at the sarcasm of your post.

Re: Springsteen at the Chicago shows...

beatlesboy said:
Bruce is in town for a show on Wednesday.

Ooooh! Maybe a guest appearance with the band onstage Monday or Tuesday?

How kick ass would that be? :drool:

It's entirely possible!

Is it too much to ask for Bruce to open for U2 rather than freakin KoL?

Re: Re: Re: Springsteen at the Chicago shows...

beatlesboy said:

Doubt it....I think it's the other way around. At least Bruce changes it up each night. Can't say the same for the boys........

Sorry.....

My bet is Bruce will be at the NJ2 show or Bono will be at his show the following night at the CAA...

I would prefer Bruce to not show @ all - I only like a few songs of his - I can't take his gravelly (sp) rough voice :yuck:
Sorry, guess I didn't need to bring down your post! I guess it would be cool anyway! Hope he shows up for ya'!

dmbfan825 said:

I hope that wink hinted at the sarcasm of your post.

Yes it did; a little levity never hurts around here.

Next time I'll double wink for clarity, especially on a post that could be misconstrued.

:love:

Re: Re: Springsteen at the Chicago shows...

sociopathetic said:
Is it too much to ask for Bruce to open for U2 rather than freakin KoL?

Is it too much to ask for William Hung to open for U2 rather than freakin KoL?

I remember reading somewhere that Bono will be making a a guest appearance at Bruce's show on May 11 so anyone lucky enough to be there may get a nice surprise. I dug up this file which is great if you've never seen it of Bono guesting at a Bruce concert in Miami a few years back. Enjoy...and don't forget to fill in where you're supposed to :wink: :wink:

http://s26..com/d.aspx?id=0ZBII7NBNE16I0YYS74I4N8NF4

It's hard to imagine what Bono would do at Bruce's show. The "special guest" events so far on the Springsteen tour have been very low key -- Nils Lofgren, for example, just sort of standing in the background playing a very low key solo on one song. I think in its current incarnation, the Vertigo tour could handle a significant guest appearance like Bruce or someone else major without much of a problem. But, having seen both tours so far, it's tough to imagine how anything but a token Bono appearance could work at a Bruce show.

That said, the one exception might be in New Jersey. Even during his prior serious accoustic tour, Bruce opened it up somewhat in New Jersey -- allowing himself a short playful period during the otherwise "an evening with" show. I guess barring that, I'd be extremely surprised to see Bono show up at a Bruce show to do anything other than strum guitar and sing some backup lyrics on one song, which is hardly worth it.

May 18th, Bruce ?????

I got this feeling the boss will show up at this show since he has an off day on his current tour. Anyone hear any rumors?

p.s. Bruce is in Chicago tonight, and the boys are off tonight....

we shall see?????

I just scored a Bruce ticket for tonight via Ticketmaster - WOO HOO!! Bruce tonight, U2 tomorrow (1st Bruce since 2/00, 1st U2 since 10/01)....hoping for a Bono cameo at tonight's Springsteen concert. I'll let you guys know when I get back from the show tonight (late).

Enjoy the show.......

I'm off to see Bruce next Tuesday (Philly), U2 on Wednesday (NJ2) and Bruce again on Thursday (NJ)....Gonna be a tough week at work....

No Bono (or any other special guest at the show), bummer....BUT....

That was up there with Slane 8/25/01 U2 as possibly the best show I've EVER witnessed (and he didn't even touch anything from Tunnel of Love, by far my fav Bruce album). What a concert. Bruce just brings it for 2 1/2 hours. The River on piano was a revelation. Fire (done w/banjo & whistling) was a nice treat, too. Thanks, Boss.

Bruce was just amazing. Seeing one man on stage play guitar, banjo, piano, synthesizer, pump organ, harmonica, whistling, foot stomping as an instrument, audience clapping when Bruce said "drums" and even acapella singing when his guitar string broke was amazing. Every night you are pretty much guaranteed at least one tour premiere and at least one quarter of the show different from the previous night. I think it would have been very hard for Bono to fit it into the one man focus of the show.

Bruce going to be at the show tonight?

Bruce going to be at the show tonight?

Will he play I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For?

Back
Top Bottom