MERGED-->Seats Behind the Stage Questions/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Backstage seating isn't so bad... I had backstage seating for San Jose, and I enjoyed the show just fine. The only thing is, you don't get the full effect of the light screen, otherwise its just as amazing :yes: It's also interesting to see what U2 sees, and the interactions they have with eachother. Which seats do you have?

I've actually been behind the stage twice on this tour, Seattle and San Jose, and like it just fine. Once in fact I was the first row directly behind Larry and I was much closer than my usual nose bleed seats. Sounds not as good. But, Bono will come around every once in awhile. If you're close enough you can see the band exiting in there robes too. I wouldn't worry too much much about the seats.

Oh - You all have made me feel so much better! I don't have a seat and behind the stage is all I can afford ($260). Where is this lighting rig? If you're looking at the stage, is it on the left or right?
Thanks!

What show are you going to? Don't pay a broker 260 bucks for a seat behind the stage. Wait for a ticketmaster drop and you can get a ticket for face value.

What? What are you talking about? I don't understand? I'm clueless but getting VERY excited! Houston, 10/28/05. Oh my, what is this ticketmaster drop you speak of?

about a week or two before the shows ticketmaster rereleases tickets on their website that you can buy for face value. just today tickets were available for both New York and Boston shows.

If I were you I would keep checking ticketmaster and/or interference everyday to see if they have become available. dont buy from a broker until the very last minute, besides prices will probably be lowest from them right before the show anyway.

i would try posting in the "what do you have" forum here asking for a ticket to the show as well. a lot of times people will have an extra they are looking to get rid of.

so there are ways to get tickets for face value, the broker should be a last resort. 260 for a rear view seat is ridiculous. GA tickets for chicago were going for 150 bucks on some broker sites.

You can't even imagine how this has made my day! (my year for that matter!) Thanks sooo much for all your help. I will do everything you suggest! Thanks again!

hey ill even check the houston show on ticketmaster every now and then for you, and if something pops up ill send you a pm

Just be careful with the Houston ticket drops, since this show is like Charlotte, the tickets are only sold through the Toyota Center. Ticketmaster isn't selling tickets for this show.

Ticketmaster did the pre-sale for Houston, but the general sale was some local (Houston ticket outlet) that sold tickets for that concert. I don't think TM even has the Houston show listed.

If you search for Houston tickets you should find a thread about it.

oh wow, thats weird

i still think you can find a better deal than 260 for a rearview seat though.

EPandAmerica said:
Ticketmaster did the pre-sale for Houston, but the general sale was some local (Houston ticket outlet) that sold tickets for that concert. I don't think TM even has the Houston show listed.

If you search for Houston tickets you should find a thread about it.

The tickets are sold directly by the toyota center:

http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/events/event_190.php

I think any ticket drops will be sold via the site.

vlasak said:
You can't even imagine how this has made my day! (my year for that matter!) Thanks sooo much for all your help. I will do everything you suggest! Thanks again!

good luck!

the Toyota Center does say to check back later for last minute ticket availability... so there's hope!

How are the seats behind the stage?

I got these tix (all that was available) for the upcoming shows in oakland, and i just want to know what other fans who sat in them thought about it. I've heard some people say that visually, its great because you get to see the crowd go nuts and such, but i am more concerned with sound quality, is it still good, or muddied and not good at all? Any opinions and answers would be greatly appreciated, thanx, peace.

At my show Bono only went behind the stage once. The curtains will obstruct your view entirely through some of the songs. The sound quality won't be as explosive and in-your-face rocknroll as it would be in front of the speakers, either.

If I were you I'd try to get better seats, but if it's all you can get at this point go with it.

EDIT-To go more in depth with the sound and such...

I have a recording of the Boston 3 show (the only recording, I believe) that was taken from behind the stage. The sound quality is awesome, but the girl was as close as possible to the equipment and thoroughly edited the songs afterwards, so I'm not sure. Each stadium has a unique sound quality to it, so it might be okay in Oakland.

Last edited:
I was in Loge 18 directly behind the stage in Boston in the spring at it was awesome. The previous night I had been in Loge 5 straight across from the stage - the light show was cool, but being closer to the stage (only about 4 rows back) was much better. The sound was great and I felt much closer to the band than the more expensive seats all the way across the arena. I'd recommend them highly. Don't know anything about the balconies, though.

In Chicago, we sat in back and off to the side and the metal pillars that hold up the light strings were in our way even though they weren't very thick. I was trying to take photographs around the pillars which was a pain. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't have been that bad. Sound was fine, but seeing them from the front is way better.

It really depends on where you are behind the stage. If you're down low, real close to the band, then your seats are great. If you're in the top row, then you're in the top row.

So long as you're at the show, thats the main thing.

For me in Chicago the seats I had behind the stage were awesome. Sat in the 1st balcony and both times I went it was either row 2 or 5. Had incredible dead on view of the band and they all came around there. As for the sound I wasn't disappointed!

In Chicago, I was in the first balcony, front row... and the show was awesome!!! As far as sound quality, I don't think it was that bad. Sometimes I couldn't really understand Bono when he was talking... but as far as the music, it was fine. Then again, this was my first concert ever :hyper: , so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

I have the same problem for the 14th at MSG.
I have section 69..Im kinda freaking out because i cant afford to get any tickets to the other dates and this might be my only show..Blah..:(

Jamila said:

For me, I enjoyed being behind the band for once and seeing the energy of the crowd from U2's perspective - it was amazing.

But I wouldn't want to see every U2 concert that way, though. :laugh:

This is the sight I am looking forward to seeing from behind the stage seats I have for one of the Vegas shows.

can anyone who has been to MSG and sat in any of the lower center sections behind the stage tell me if section 68 is clear of any poles? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom