MERGED --> Scam??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly40

The Fly
Scam

OK, so U2.com has come out and said that they are going to reclaim tickets that are posted on e-bay and scalper sites.

Yet another scam!

U2 is going to take these tickets that have been purchased by scalpers, cancel them, keep the money as a penalty against the scalpers, and turn around and resell these tickets to some poor soul who was left ticketless.

Basically doubling the profit on the ticket.

Lemons into lemonade.

U2 Corp makes me sick!

Last edited:
Who says they aren't giving the money back to the "brokers" ? If they cancelled their tickets I would assume they would be refunded and if not, then those people were doing something illegal with the tickets anyway.

i think it's not u2's fault at all!!I mean, they trust all they business to their people and these people screw up,not Bono and Larry and Adam and the Edge!

Scam??

I cant help but wonder if the lack of U2 Show in the NYC Area and the extreme lack of tickets for the public is all part of a scam...

You see I heard that U2 was planning on playing a bunch of shows in the NYC area in October, if U2 were just to schedule some shows in the NY area as part of there tour, they might be able to play 3 shows at MSG 2 Shows in NJ and maybe 1 show on Long Island, you see them only scheduling 1 show at MSG and 2 shows in NJ, and the extreme lack of tickets creates a buzz, and people who dont really like U2 are interested in the buzz only because it is being talked about everywhere and tickets are so expensive, and come June when U2 announces on sales for there October NY shows, people are going to think Wow I can get tickets for face value? And people who really arent into U2 are going try and get tickets, only because it is the "hot" concert , and this creates U2 to be able to play about 12 shows in the NYC area as opposed to lets say 6 if they were just to make a one time stop in NYC, I have seen this trend with other artists as well, I wonder if this is a marketing strategy or maybe its just a coincidence and they really didnt plan it....

And it just never cesases to amaze me the lack of tickets for the public and the insane amount of tickets ticket brokers get, how is this possible? Could someone explain this to me??? Like I said I wouldnt be surprised if it was all part of the bigger plan to play about 2 weeks worth of shows, and these 3 shows here are just a way to drive ticket prices up, and create the buzz and having ticket brokers get a good portion of the tickets is surley a great way to drive ticket prices up and create the buzz.....

Wow. That's all I can say. Just for the record, they are playing three in the NYC area, it's just that two are in Jersey. That's more than anyone but Chicago. And with the obvious worldwide demand for tickets, do you really think it's necessary to "scam" anybody into generating buzz. U2 generate buzz all the time. It's due to fantastic music and one of a kind live shows. I wonder what people can be possibly be thinking sometimes.

If you read the book U2 Show there are a couple interviews with former booking agents.

They went on to say that every date and venue is carefully selected to build the band up. They would never book U2 at a 60,000 seat stadium knowing only 45,000 tickets will be sold. Instead, they play a 15,000 seat venue a few times which creates the "illusion" of high demand.

Of course at this point in U2's career they've established a reputation of having amazing shows so they hit the ground running with ticket sales when they announce a new tour. To the passive fan (who probably buys the majority of the tickets) the "illusion" or buzz is necessary because their perception is that U2 has been MIA for the last 4 years.

You conspiracy theorists are all friggen nuts. The simplest answer is always the most likely one. Just remember that the next time you try to concoct the next "BIG U2 MARKETING SCANDEL!"

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom