MERGED->Running... - Military connection?+Bono's Dedication on "Running to Stand Stil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, with the current situation right now in Iraq, I couldn't think of a better song to dedicate to the brave men and women of the military.

I just have a co-worker called up to active duty a few days ago in support of Enduring Freedom. I keep thinking along the lines of "You know I took to poison... And I floated out of here".

What a powerful song.

Running... - Military connection?

This has probably already been discussed but I couldn't find it. I really like the song Running to stand still and I think it is wonderful that Bono dedicated any song to the military but being in the Army myself, I am puzzled as to why it is this song. A song with such obvious meaning to it already (heroin addiction). I struggle to see a connection between men and women over seas and RTSS but only at a far stretch is there anything there. Am I getting the wrong impression here and all Bono is doing is just giving a nod to the military or is he really dedicating this song and there is some connection I just don't see. Thanks for anyones input

LOL The Mods merged the threads as I typed....well I'm not that quick with the old two fingered typing y'know. :wink:

Bono answered this question in an MTV interview with John Norris that aired this weekend after the Boston shows. I forgot what his answer was, but it was something along the lines of the song is about a person trying to move in a better direction. Im not remembering it right and dont want to say the wrong thing. Maybe there is some info on MTV.com

Great, thanks. I guess it is time for me to stop being stingy and pay for premium membership so I can do forum searches. haha.

thanks though

Back
Top Bottom