MERGED --> Real Action + Legal Action? + TAKE ACTION + Bait and Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Real Action

Don't settle for bitching about the pre-sale on an internet forum, take action!

Here are two courses of action to take:

1. File a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. The civil division will respond to each complaint. You can find the complaint form here

2. File a lawsuit under California B&P Section 17200, and for false advertising claims and unlawful business practices. I think it is clear that there is a class action involved here given the large number of memberships sold. Members need not be in California to be part of the class.

To support the second action, I would appreciate it if you sent copies of emails or other statements made by U2.com when they were selling memberships. Please email me at nbcrusader@gmail.com

Thank you

oh for gods sake enough already, how many times do we have to hear "take action" "action must be took" just because you didnt get a ticket, dosent mean EVERYBODY else didnt, but just because some people never they decide to throw the dummy out of the pram, when i couldnt get tickets on the day of the pre-sale, ye of course i was gutted but i wasnt saying "action must be took" accept it, try and get them at the public sale, or dont,

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh for gods sake enough already, how many times do we have to hear "take action" "action must be took" just because you didnt get a ticket, dosent mean EVERYBODY else didnt, but just because some people never they decide to throw the dummy out of the pram, when i couldnt get tickets on the day of the pre-sale, ye of course i was gutted but i wasnt saying "action must be took" accept it, try and get them at the public sale, or dont,

I didn't even try to get tickets for this and I won't be trying to either.

I think it's the feeling that many people have been ripped off is part of the problem. I feel I have been ripped off, U2.com seemed to be offering a service they couldn't deliver.

KUEFC09U2 said:

People talk about taking action. I am providing a way to actually do so.

If you want to wax poetically about the situation, do so. Others want some justice.

By the way, anyone can file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office, it is not limited to residents of California.

All the talk about suing is just over-reaction. We're all disappointed and we've made our point hopefully.

Regardless of how we feel just now, when the opening bars are played at whatever concert we bought tickets too, we'll forget all about this.

Well, unless you're stuck behind a pillar in a seat that cost you muchos cash .....

I agree that legal action could be something that we should consider. If not to obtain much redemption, to have U2.com think twice about providing a service.

If you do it with your cell phone provider, why not do it with U2.com?

It does not matter whether we end up going to the concert and get tickets some other way, that is beyond the point. The whole rationale here is that we paid for something that was not delivered and companies like Fanfire need to be aware of that.

Actually come to think of it, go for it lads. I'd love to see you up against the legal team that U2 would have on their side.

And do you really think U2 would release any sort of legally binding statement that wasn't 100% watertight? Check the wording of the pre-sale and membership gubbins again.

Well, if some action is not taken, then I would suggest that all the bitching and moaning about the pre-sale fiasco was a complete waste of time.

nbcrusader said:
Well, if some action is not taken, then I would suggest that all the bitching and moaning about the pre-sale fiasco was a complete waste of time.

actually, sometimes venting is the best way to get over things. i'm still upset about what happened, but instead of calling my lawyer, i'm making alternate plans.

Last edited:
ascender_RS said:
Actually come to think of it, go for it lads. I'd love to see you up against the legal team that U2 would have on their side.

And do you really think U2 would release any sort of legally binding statement that wasn't 100% watertight? Check the wording of the pre-sale and membership gubbins again.

Read the initial post again. S L O W L Y

This is not a call to sue U2

It is a call to take action against Signatures Network, the owners of U2.com. They collected $40 from many people and did not deliever on their promises.

I know that, but no-one can print anything with U2's name on it without the U2 organisation knowing about it and sanctioning it and checking it etc.

I'm sure the "promises" were technically delivered whether we like it or not.

Not sure I like the idea of pursuing any legal action, as I think it would be a sad end to an already bad situation.

I think that a good start has been made already however, in the shape of TV/radio/newspaper & magazine mediums all being contacted AND reporting on it. U2's management will have to take notice of this ongoing revolt because frankly, they can't hide from the scale of it.

I assume that the statute of limitations applies to filing a complaint, which I hope will afford U2/Ticketmaster/Clear Channel/Principal Management the opportunity in the meantime to offer some kind of reasonable explanation.

I know one thing tho' - the thought of legal action against U2 (which it ultimately would be in the public eye) is a stomach-churning thought.

At the end of the day tho buddy, do what you think you ought to, or have to do. It's your call.

Stop crying - TAKE ACTION

We were promised access to the "best seats in the house" and we were lied to. My 10th row seats, opposite end of the arena, third (highest) deck are some of the WORST seats in the house. I've been a propaganda member and fan for decades. My favorite band shit in my mouth and called it a sundae.

But I'm through whining and complaining. U2's music will always live on and I'll always love and listen to their music, but U2, Inc. will not get ANY of my money. Here's what I plan on doing:

1) Selling these two shit tickets on eBay to the highest bidder and not going to the concert. (If you are angry and have been ripped off, and yet you still go to the concert you are a sucker and deserve to be ripped off in the future). Hopefully somebody who doesn't care about the band will buy them and U2 can play to a homogenous corporate crowd. It's the audience they deserve.

2) Burned my entire U2 CD collection and sold them all to a local used CD shop yesterday - I got $5 for each major album, and $2-3 for the October, Wide Awake, Passangers, Million Dollar Hotel-type albums. Depending on the b-sides, I got $1-$4 for the singles. I still have all the band's music, just none of their "product" and I made over $100.

3) If you don't have MP3 players or CD burners and need a physcial CD, then only buy used CDs from now on. This is great because when you buy a used CD absolutely none of the money from that sale goes to the band. It would be nice if the market was flooded with used CDs and people had the option of paying $15 for a new U2 CD (knowing that their money was going to line the pockets of these rat scum) or pay $10 for a used CD knowing that all of the money is going to help the CD store. Amazon.com offers used CDs, if you feel you need the actual album, make sure you buy it used not new.

3) I posted all U2 MP3s for public download. If you have wireless connection on a laptop, go to a public place, latch onto a wireless network and you CANNOT be caught. Make U2's music available for free to as many people as possible. I don't feel remotely bad - they are already rich, and they are gouging people like me - people with very little money.

4) From now on only take free U2 MP3s, and NEVER purchase anything ever again from them. The music is available for free, I used to feel like it was wrong to take it, I no longer do.

5) Contact U2.com and ask for a refund, apparently they are offering refunds in time. Everyone should do this. Even if they start refusing cancellation orders, make the effort to cancel your membership. It sends a message. 90,000 people paid $40 (and even long-time fans like me who paid $20, still had to pay the propaganda fees originally, so we all paid $40) this amounts to $3.6 MILLLION dollars the band made to give us the right to buy the WORST seats in the house. Sickening. Despicable.

You can still be a fan of U2 and not give them any of your money. If you want to complain and bitch and yet still buy this company's products, then you deserve to be ripped off. I will always love U2's music, nothing can change that. They will never see another penny from me unless something changes quickly and drastically.

These are good action items and I agree with almost everyone of them. I would also add contacting your state's Attorney General's office to file a formal complaint re: fraud. Not only U2.com's false promises but also the Ticketmaster fraud - I have printouts of two different seating charts downloaded from TM right before and during the presale, both were titled "U2 concert" and were for United Center May 7 &9. That is out-and-out fraud

Wow. It's been, what, three days since the Tuesday ordeal? You're gonna feel kinda like a dumbass if U2 does something to make up for it.

Small Action Vs. Big Action

That's a good idea too - my ideas were meant to be easy, simple things that all U2 fans (and former fans) can do without getting too involved with filing paperwork, etc.

Make sure that as U2 Corp.'s Public Relations Division starts shoveling horse shit on all of us that you do not allow them to change the scope of the argument. Much of what they are saying now to smooth over the anger is what we call in public relations a "scope shift" - instead of addressing the immediate concern, they bring up extra problems that are easy to address and fix. This allows them to change the very premise of the argument. Don't stand for it.

Make them explain in black and white why we were lied to about getting access to the "Best seats in the house" - the tickets that I ended up with are some of the WORST in the house. Tickets 10 rows back of the third deck far away from the stage should not have been offered or available to anybody participating in the pre-sale. That is a disgusting and blatant lie. Do not start buying any of the crap they are going to start handing out to do damage control unless they can address that simple, glaring problem.

In my humble opinion I feel like they have done a lot to rectify the situation. Granted they cannot or won't give everyone a ticket, they aren't going to go back to Propaganda.

They have reset the codes and promised that they will be able to be used for future shows. They are actively addressing the EBay problem. They are coming back to the Northeast where the demand is so much higher than the rest of the country. They have pulled the GA's from ETS to make more available. They are putting systems in place to try and foil scalpers.

Nothing is perfect, and nothing on this scale is fast.

I was pretty angry on Tuesday buy I feel like there have been some small but good faith gestures by U2.com to try and make this right.

Addressing it at least goes a long way.

I personally don't think that stealing and scamming myself will make me feel better. I would rather get some joy out of finding that fan that can't get any tickets and selling my seats to them and making their day.

The above mentioned actions just seem like an overreaction (3 days in and before general onsale!) and a downward spiral. Good luck with that though.

Back
Top Bottom