MERGED --> Question re: printable tickets + TicketFast safety question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocknRollDoggie

Babyface
Question re: printable tickets

I just bought tickets on ebay and the person emailed them to me in a file. I was unable to open the file due to an error, so now the person is going to print them out and mail them to me. Does anyone know what the deal is with these kind of tickets? It makes me nervous, I like the old fashioned regular tickets. How does ticketmaster prevent duplicates?
By the way...I shelled out over $600 for 2 Boston tickets. I am one of the screwed u2.com/Prop members with an unused code and a sucker to a scalper...
If anyone has experience with this please reply so I can sleep more soundly tonight Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Question re: printable tickets

RocknRollDoggie said:
I just bought tickets on ebay and the person emailed them to me in a file. I was unable to open the file due to an error, so now the person is going to print them out and mail them to me. Does anyone know what the deal is with these kind of tickets? It makes me nervous, I like the old fashioned regular tickets. How does ticketmaster prevent duplicates?
By the way...I shelled out over $600 for 2 Boston tickets. I am one of the screwed u2.com/Prop members with an unused code and a sucker to a scalper...
If anyone has experience with this please reply so I can sleep more soundly tonight Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He can re-sell these to 20 different people if he wants. First one to get to the venue and get the barcde scanned gets in, everyone else is S-O-L

do they have a good feedback rating on Ebay? If they have a rating of over 50 and is 95% or better I think they are probably legit.

Hopefully the guy has good feedback and would not do that. He could get into a lot of trouble. Did you check his feedback? And also see if he is selling other tickets as well?

Yea basically what everyone else said, this guy can make 10,000 copies of these but the first one to use it is the one who gets in, if he has good feedback and looks like a legitimate seller I wouldnt worry, however if the guy is a little shady and doesnt have much feedback, I would worry, or just make sure you get there as soon as the gates open...

You could also just download Acrobat Reader (free software) from I think it's www.acrobat.com and then you can open the attachment and print the tickets yourself.

I agree that if the seller if a longtime ebay seller (lets say didn't just sign up to ebay) and has overwhelmingly positive feedback I wouldn't worry about it.

I have really never had a bad experience with ebay but I do scrutinize who I buy from.

i have 2 ga's for each Boston show. The temptation of 2k in my pocket still cant stop me from wanting to line up for 14 hrs to go to a concert.

The person does have good feedback, but I still feel uneasy. Is there a way to get regular old fashioned tickets?
This is too damn stressful....

RocknRollDoggie said:
The person does have good feedback, but I still feel uneasy. Is there a way to get regular old fashioned tickets?

No those are your tickets, if you dont mind me asking, could I see the auction, or the Sellers profile? Because I deal with ebay alot, and I can usually tell if someone is legitimate or not

Sicy said she talked to TM and was able to get her TicketFast tickets switched to regular. It might be too late now though and probably the seller would have to since the purchase is in his name.

The person that bought the tickets would need to call ticketmaster to cancel the the ticketfast tickets and re-issue paper tickets. I did this last week but it took me a couple tries to finally get an agent to do this for me.

I also deal on ebay every day.. 1000+ feedback so if you want to share the seller's ID I could tell you if you should worry or not.

As far as feedback, it looks fine to me. They sold a bunch of other U2 tickets. Maybe they're just trying to make a buck like everyone else. The auctions look kind of misleading to me though because they say tickets are 'in hand' and 'free shipping' but it doesnt say whether they are paper tickets or ticketfast. I probably wouldnt worry too much as they are selling different dates and seats, not the same auction say for all floor tickets to the same date, then I might worry.

Always ask questions to the seller if you are unsure. Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine :up:

DoctorK said:

No those are your tickets, if you dont mind me asking, could I see the auction, or the Sellers profile? Because I deal with ebay alot, and I can usually tell if someone is legitimate or not

Hahah.. Make Way.. Make Way.. Ebay Expert coming through.

I deal with prostitutes alot... but that didn't stop me from getting busted after asking an undercover for a $25.00 "Lap and Hop".

Feedback rating is your best predictor for legitimacy.

.Nostradamus

I would not worry. I bought a GA's for philly off ebay and the seller said I will not receive them until a week before the show. They have 800 some positive feedback so I am not worried. Just relax, you will be fine.

I just received tickets I bought off ebay today and they were ticketfast too. This after I confirmed with the seller they were hard tickets. I'm worried too. The seller did have tons of positive feedback and seems to primarily be a ticket broker. Still, I feel I was mislead. I got the "tickets in hand" response too. It would be hard enough to deal with losing $$, but to be turned away at the gate would be heartbreaking... :(

The only suggestion I have for someone who buys ticketfasts tickets off ebay is to get to the arena early and get in as soon as the doors open. As others have said earlier, multiple copies can easily be printed and it comes down to whoever gets the barcode scanned first.

u2gator

TicketFast safety question?

Don't know much about TicketFast. What is to stop some unscrupulous person from selling the same TicketFast tickets to 20 people. Wouldn't you be nervous buying them. Are you able to have that person convert the TicketFast tix into regular tix?

I really wouldn't trust ticketfast at all. I ended up getting them but then I decided that I would like the tickets in my hand. Who the heck knows if someone were to hack into my email and find them. So, no I would not buy from someone who has ticketfast. They could be selling them to different people.

well,let me state my opinion: i don't know this ticketfast seller,but with every ticket seller that is not official for the event, THERE IS A RISK,of course. But that won't stop majority of fans to buy them via all different sources,including me; yes, i know,you could get screwed,but most of us are willing to take the chances....
Good luck to you all with the tickets

I bought ticketfast tix on e-bay after thinking I was getting the hard tickets. The seller assured me that 70% of his transactions are through ticketfast (this is a broker on ebay - all he does are ticket sales). His positive feedback was 99% (over 1500 transactions), so I feel pretty good about it. As a broker, this is his business, can't seem them risking it over printing out a few extra copies and selling them.

Besides - it's probably just as easy to counterfeit a "hard" ticket anyways. If you're buying the ebay way - just make sure the seller has tons of positive feedback and ask plenty of questions.

RocknRollDoggie said:

Actually, a few people on U2.com said that they had Ticketfast tickets, and all they did was call Ticketmaster and had them cancel the ticketfast tickets and had them mail real ones. I am not sure how much more that cost them, but according to these individuals, they were able to swing it.

You should have the guy call and ask them if they will do that.

Back
Top Bottom