MERGED-->possible dates + Are These For Real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
klappie said:

After the European leg, parts of the stage and other equipment will be brought together again. This way they can orderly setup the stage again to prepare it for the 3rd leg.

this is the list as will be made official come Jan 11. Following the presale the week after, there is room for more dates at certain venues when necessarry. Also, it could be that in your city not all dates metioned here go in pre-sale at once. Expect dates to be added then that are already on this list here.

...yay! for amsterdam btw :wink:

Its for the New Roadie crew to take over since almost all of the crew will go and do other tours in the Summer and get different offers to work for other bands. This will give the crew time to check out the equipment and do 1 or 2 tear downs of the stage and see how to pack each truck.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Those Boston dates in March and April make sense because the Celtics are playing there on March 30. So March 29, 31 and April 1 work. And that's a Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for those of you keeping track.
And the date in Hartford is during my spring break. YES!

The Boston dates are during my sister's spring break (she's a teacher). I wonder if she would like to go to Boston for a vacation :hmm:

Super_Fan said:
Why 2 dates in Denver? Its a small market.

U2's been touring the states for 25 years. They know where they sell tickets and where they don't. Denver is where they played the Rainbow Music Hall, it's the home of Barry Fey, it's where they filmed Red Rocks and Rattle & Hum, it's where they scheduled a St. Patrick's show in '85. It was one of the handful of shows on the Conspiracy of Hope tour. They've played two shows in Denver dating all the way back to 1987, unless it's been in a stadium.

Look, I'm sure every town likes to call itself one of U2's favorites, but I think Denver could actually make that argument.

Whether some or all of these dates are true or not, it's exciting to see my state/area on the list. Especially one that has 2 dates next to it, I don't believe they've ever played 2 dates here in a row before. Perhaps they are doing more than one dates in a row in larger cities since it takes so much to set these big shows up & they usually sell tix well. Maybe if it happens it will make it easier to get good tickets.

Thanks for the original post with the info, even if only part of it is actually right I know you are only trying to help!

Can't wait to see if it's true - If so April can't come soon enough!!

Just a question.... Have U2 ever scheduled their 3rd leg this far in advance? That makes is suspcious to me. Seems like they never announce that until Summer. I always remember seeing Leg 1 and then 2 only.

Tour Dates - Are these for real?

2005 U2 schedule & tour dates
Hey all, (or in Allegra-speak, Hey y'all)--found this info this morning from someone in the know! Enjoy and Happy U2ey New Year! Karen

Jan
1 - 21: band rehearsals in South of France
Sat 22 - NRJ awards, Cannes
23-31: band rehearsals in South of France

Feb
1-7: band rehearsals in South of France
Tue 8: Rehearse Brit Awards
Wed 9: Brit Awards
10-11: Band rehearsals in South of France
Sun 13: Grammy Awards
15-18: Band rehearsals - TBA
19-25: Band/Production rehearsals Miami
26: Load in Miami AAA - after NBA
27-28: Production rehearsals Miami AAA

March
1, 3: Miami - American Airlines Arena
5: Tampa - St Pete Times Arena
7, 8: Atlanta - Philips Arena
10: Hartford - Civic Center
12: Buffalo - HSBC Arena
14 NYC - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dinner
16: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
17, 19, 20: NYC - MSG
23, 24: Montreal - Bell Centre
26, 27: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
29, 31: Boston - Fleet Center

April
1: Boston - Fleet Center
4, 5: East Rutherford - Continental Arena
7, 8, 12, 13: Chicago - United Center
16,17: Denver - Pepsi Center
20, 21: Phoenix - America West
24, 25: Seattle - Key Arena
28, 29: Vancouver - GM Place

May:
2, 3: Oakland - Oakland Arena
6,7: San Diego - Sports Arena
10, 11, 14,15: L.A. - Staples Center
16-31: break

June:
1, 4, 5: Amsterdam - Amsterdam Arena
8: Zurich - Letzigrund Stadium
10: Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
12: Brussels - Roi Boudoin
14: Manchester - Stadium of Light
18,19: London - Twickenham
21: Glasgow - Hampden Park
25, 26: Dublin - Croke Park
29: Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

July
2: Vienna - Ernest Happel Stadium
5: Budapest - NEP Stadium
7: Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9: Paris - Stade de France
10-18: break
19, 21: Milan San Siro or Florence Stadium
23: Rome - Olympic Stadium
27: Oslo - Vallehovin
29: Gothenburg -Ullevi
31: Copenhagen - Parken

August:
3: Munich - Olympic Stadium
5: Nice - Parc de Sports Charles Ehrman
7: Barcelona - Olympic or FC Barc
9: San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11: Madrid - Calderon
14: Lisbon - Alvalade
15-31: break

September
1-12: break
13: break, load in Toronto
14: break, load in Toronto
15: break, load in Toronto
16, 17: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20, 21: Chicago - United Center
23: Minneapolis - Xcel or Target
25: Milwaukee - Bradley Center
27: Cleveland - Gund Arena
30: Boston - Fleet Center

October
1, 3, 4 Boston - Fleet Center
7, 8, 10,11: New York - MSG
14: New York MSG / Albany-Pepsi
15: off / New York - MSG
16,17: Philadelphia - Wachovia
19, 20: Washington - MCI Center
21: off pre rig Pittsburgh
22: Pittsburgh - Mellon Arena
25: Detroit - Palace of Auburn Hills
28: Houston - Toyota Center
29: Dallas - American Airlines

November
1,2: Anaheim - Pond
4: off/ Las Vegas MGM
5: Las Vegas MGM
6: Las Vegas MGM - off
7: Off - Sacramento - Arco / LA Staples
9,10: San Jose
18,19, 22, 23: Tokyo - Budokan or Yokohama

December:
2, 3: Brisbane - Entertainment Center
6, 7, 9,10: Melbourne - Rod Laver
13,14,17,18: Sydney - Superdome

Sent to me by Carek1230 (I am not a Karen)

Last edited:
this schedule, although it has a few "gaps", sounds very, very, very realistic and credible; to me that's almost correct.
lisa 71, the fact that U2 KNOW the 2ND leg dates doesnt mean that they'll announce it TOGETHER wih the first leg dates.
btw, POPMART USA DATES were all announced in one go (1ST+2ND leg).
in '01 U2 didn't know if there woulda been a 2ND US LEG. Bono said in Boston June '01: "so we dont know if we'll be back here in the fall, we haven't figured that out yet."
an altenative was to go to australia/japan in the fall, but then the overwhelming success of Elevation 1ST leg, and the staying power o fthe record in the charts, made them come back. don't forget that U2 were coming off the big Popmart "flop" in the US, so they were very cautious when booking the '01 US tour.....

What about Seattle? I didn't think Seattle was a big U2 market at all. And especially for 2 shows, back to back with 2 shows in nearby Vancouver. Granted, they will be taking in fans from Oregan and Idaho as well as Washington, but that doesn't seem right.

This tour schedule sucks. I know it's good for business, and it'll sell out zillions of tickets, but think about the little guys in this situation. We were truly spoiled in America on the Elevation tour. We are now too, but I got shows in Columbus, Indy, Notre Dame, Cleveland AND Lexington. Now it looks like only Cleveland will get the next tour. But I suppose it's more important to sell out 10 shows at Madison Square Garden, just so they can say they did.

By the way, I know I shouldn't bitch. At least I will have the opportunity to get in my car and drive a few hours to see a show. My hearts go out to the people in this world whose country didn't even get a show.

Last edited:
Super_Fan said:
Why 2 dates in Denver? Its a small market. I do not see Baltimore, MD, Indianapolis, IN, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Charleston ,SC, Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO or Charlottle, NC, having any shows.

San Diego getting 2 shows I do not think they deserve to get 2 shows as well as Denver.

I agree - Denver is a small market and San Diego? I can't remember any band playing more than one night there. Not with LA being only 3 hours away! Same with Seattle - we have two nights here and then two nights up in Vancouver - which I'm not complaining if its true but seems to be a very odd schedule.

All will be revealed next month I suppose:|

Re: possible dates

14: Manchester - Stadium of Light

July
27: Oslo - Vallehovin

The Stadium of Light is in Sunderland.

Please let U2 play at The Lads ground, home of By Far The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen, Sunderland AFC!

As Grandmaster just said, the Osle date is confirmed by Paul McGuinness.

Brianga26 said:
well I just checked out the Phillips Area Website (Atlanta) and this was posted:
Thrashers Schedule Note: The Atlanta Thrashers have been advised by National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman, that all teams, including Atlanta, are free to release building dates up to 45 days into the future beginning on September 15, 2004 and continuing each day until further notification. Once the League's labor dispute with the NHLPA has been resolved, the League will address the potential rescheduling of games.
SO the dates that are open for U2 to play are the 7th of March and the 9th of March.. we will see I guess!

The entire 04/05 NHL season will be cancelled by mid-January. The Edge, being a huge hockey fan, must already be aware of this.

There are too many major cities missing from those dates. They were posted by a NEW poster over on the @U2 forum. I just don't see them skipping the whole south on the third leg and most of the midwest and south on the first leg. But I could be wrong?

Lisa71 said:
. They were posted by a NEW poster over on the @U2 forum.

new poster or not. My friend who is a huge U2 fan directed me to these same dates at another website www.u2log.com which were I guess received from @u2.com so it should not matter that this is a new poster. It come from another website and this poster just wanted to share this info with us at Interference.

I do agree with the person who said that we were spoiled with the Elevation tour. And we got spolied as australia got screwed.

I don't want to wait until oct to see the boys in DC. I will still see them but I have to have my U2 concert fix in the spring. So if these dates are accurate which the rumored ones for Elevation were pretty much accurate, then I may head out to Chicago or Philly.

I didn't see that it was a new poster at @u2.com.

I skipped over that and thought you meant a new poster at Interference.

I;m sorry :) I do hope the information is wrong.

I'm in a bad mood. My flight was cancelled today. I dealt with rude TSA people. ( I love the TSA my dad works for them

martha said:
But the Staples Center sucks.

I guess I'll have to go to Phoenix and Minneapolis. :wink:

And Las Vegas. :yes:

Denver, girl, Denver! Especially if they do two nights on a weekend. :drool:

LPU2 said:

U2's been touring the states for 25 years. They know where they sell tickets and where they don't. Denver is where they played the Rainbow Music Hall, it's the home of Barry Fey, it's where they filmed Red Rocks and Rattle & Hum, it's where they scheduled a St. Patrick's show in '85. It was one of the handful of shows on the Conspiracy of Hope tour. They've played two shows in Denver dating all the way back to 1987, unless it's been in a stadium.

Look, I'm sure every town likes to call itself one of U2's favorites, but I think Denver could actually make that argument.

Damn right!! During one of the two Elevation shows in Denver Bono said we were the loudest audience, but maybe he says that to everybody. :wink: Maybe they're going to do two consecutive nights rather than one show each on the first and third legs. I'd prefer the latter because it's always fun when they come back around a second time later in the tour, but I'm not complaining about two consecutive nights one bit.

Alright! i already see 4 dates that apeal. If this is the case I'm eyeing all the philly shows and a denver gig(s). My sister lives there.

Having recently worked at Rod Laver Arena, I can categorically state that no notification for those dates were recieved as late as two weeks ago - so I'm not sure how legit the Aussie dates are. Also the new album is doing huge business in Japan - I'd expect that U2 will play more than a few shows at one venue.

Back
Top Bottom