MERGED-->Paul McGuinness and Breaking News on U2.Com + Rollover dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
McGuiness Statement in U2.com regarding MSG show

"Breaking News! New Shows, North America.

U2 are hoping to return to North America for more shows this Autumn -
and rollover dates for the first North American leg are also on the cards.

While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows.

There has been a phenomenal demand for the 'Vertigo 2005 Tour' presale
on both sides of the Atlantic.

In North America - where venues are indoor and have a smaller capacity
- most fans have succeeded in getting their tickets but some venues , notably the New York Madison Square Garden show, have reached their presale capacity.

Fans may choose a different US venue but Paul McGuuinness, U2's manager,
has told U2.Com, 'We are sorry that presale tickets for the Madison Square
Garden show have sold out but it is the band's intention to play more
shows at Madison Square Garden in the Autumn.'

Thanks for your patience - and our apologies again. "

Thanks, Paul. Thanks for nothing. I thought that you were going to understand the fans needs and release more tickets for MSG. But no, you told us to come back in the Fall.

I am starting to seriously hate this guy.

:mad:

"We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows."

so does that definitely mean that later addeed dates will be available pre-sale as well??
adn if so will they do that in the Uk do you think?? (i want twickers 19th June pre-sale tix)

He didn't say "come back in the fall", he said "the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates"

That means that they're going to have _more_ shows during the first leg to accommodate the demand. This is pretty good news, as it will give us a better chance to get the tickets we want for the venue we want.

digsy said:
"We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows."

so does that definitely mean that later addeed dates will be available pre-sale as well??
adn if so will they do that in the Uk do you think?? (i want twickers 19th June pre-sale tix)

Digsy, apparantly Twick has U2 booked provisionally for the 19th - I think it's dead cert that they're gonna add the extra date

:up: More shows means more people will have a chance to get tickets.

Last edited:
Breaking News on U2.Com

Breaking News! New Shows, North America.

U2 are hoping to return to North America for more shows this Autumn -
and rollover dates for the first North American leg are also on the cards.

While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows.

There has been a phenomenal demand for the 'Vertigo 2005 Tour' presale
on both sides of the Atlantic.

In North America - where venues are indoor and have a smaller capacity
- most fans have succeeded in getting their tickets but some venues , notably the New York Madison Square Garden show, have reached their presale capacity.

Fans may choose a different US venue but Paul McGuuinness, U2's manager,
has told U2.Com, 'We are sorry that presale tickets for the Madison Square
Garden show have sold out but it is the band's intention to play more
shows at Madison Square Garden in the Autumn.'

Thanks for your patience - and our apologies again.

beau2ifulday said:

Digsy, apparantly Twick has U2 booked provisionally for the 19th - I think it's dead cert that they're gonna add the extra date

yeah but will it be presale???

digsy said:

yeah but will it be presale???

yes if you read the story it says they will be e-mailing people who couldnt get tickets with infomation on how to obtain these tickets

Ok, I guess I am the only one who does not understand this apology...

Does this mean additional gigs in MSG in the first leg?

And, also, and assuming that they will be adding more shows, would you still go for the general sale this weekend or wait for the next pre-sale? My sense is that the # of tickets available for the next pre-sale will still be very limited and we will probably not be able to get any good seats.

I'm sticking with the general sale, I always have good luck with them. Besides I already used my code because I had no idea they would be adding more presale tix. Now if we were able to use our codes more than once....

threwabrick said:
I'm sticking with the general sale, I always have good luck with them. Besides I already used my code because I had no idea they would be adding more presale tix. Now if we were able to use our codes more than once....

One can only hope. :ohmy:

threwabrick said:

Now you are becoming over-ambitious...

This only address a fraction of the issues. Where is the "apology" to the fans who thought they would have a legit chance at "some of the best seats in the house" only to find it a lottery with little to no chance at a decent seat. Giving those who could not get a ticket at all a chacne is the obvious first step, but there are a lot more people pissed that they got shit seats. Who are the GA floor seats being saved for? Fanclub members should have the chance to purchase every dam ticket at every dam venue PERIOD. Any leftover ticket can then be sold by TicketBastard to whoever they want out the backdoor. If they sell out every venue in advance to fan club members, who does this hurt. U2 makes their money, TicketBastard charges their fees and makes their money.

I'm glad I kept my code for the third leg. I thought it would happen. I ended up getting a GA ticket for my first Elevation show in Atlanta four years ago, and my ticket for the fall show wasn't nearly as good but at least I got in the building. The place, Philips Arena, sells out awfully damn fast.

Rollover Dates

So are these dates announced before the sale saturday or will they add shows after those venues sell out? Because i would rather get tix for the other show rather than the same ones my presale is for...

U2@NYC said:

Does this mean additional gigs in MSG in the first leg?

I'm thinking it means the fall:

'We are sorry that presale tickets for the Madison Square
Garden show have sold out but it is the band's intention to play more shows at Madison Square Garden in the Autumn.'

I wish there was a way that folks who, say, decided to take nosebleed seats at the NJ shows cause they couldn't get MSG tickets could get a crack at the fall leg without having to give U2.con another $40.

I'm really pissed off that McGuiness is making this look like there was so much demand that not everybody could get tickets, and that the problem was mostly with MSG. That's bullshit, we can all understand that not all of us was going to get GAs, the point is that the number of seats available was way too low for the number of people registered. Come on, did ANYONE get GA for MSG?

U2WOJO...

I agree. This only solves a small part of the problem. I bought tickets at 12:30 that day, thinking it was the only chance I would have to see them. My tickets are on the fourth level at the way, way back of the arena...basically the worst ones in the house. Now I won't get the chance to buy presale tickets for the additional shows? I have been screwed by the fan club not once, but twice.

A least I can still brag about the fact that I am a member...I mean I do have a shiny metal keychain!

so would these go onsale saturday after the venues sell out or will they let us know before the public sale that they added dates?

colby_giusti said:
U2WOJO...

I agree. This only solves a small part of the problem. I bought tickets at 12:30 that day, thinking it was the only chance I would have to see them. My tickets are on the fourth level at the way, way back of the arena...basically the worst ones in the house. Now I won't get the chance to buy presale tickets for the additional shows? I have been screwed by the fan club not once, but twice.

A least I can still brag about the fact that I am a member...I mean I do have a shiny metal keychain!

Way in the back at MSG? I'm in 426, where you be?
I never got my shiny keychain :|

I used up my code for garbage tickets. Do I now have to pay U2.com another $40 to get access for the new rollover tickets?

colby_giusti said:
U2WOJO...

See, this is more like my approach towards his statement. I sent another two faxes to both offices of Principle Management thanking them for the statement, but pointing out that this does not solve many of the issues that we complained about. It is a partial, mostly unfeasible solution for a problem that could easily be solved by making more pre-sale tickets available.

Come on, McGuinness, solve it and give us what we paid for.

I hope that they do not continue to ignore us. They have to realize that, with the pre-sale officially ending tomorrow, they have less than 24 hs to give us a better response.

they only scheduled one garden show last year on the first leg as well... [sarcasm] amazingly [/sarcasm] a second show opened up once the first one sold out. i got blocked out of the first show, but managed to get tickets to the second. i've assumed the entire time that the same will happen this time.

Back
Top Bottom