MERGED-->Paul McGuinness and Breaking News on U2.Com + Rollover dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
90,000+ people joined U2.com

I highly fucking doubt they joined for the useless keychain or the downloadable garbage.

If they were going to allow that many people to join for the presale alone they should've at the least handled the presale better. The easiest thing to do to help allocation and demand would've been to have members choose their show in advance of the presale.

I think its a start. In some ways, at least I am happy that they are not completely ignoring us. Still, I really miss Propaganda.

and f*cking thanks for NOT explaining that purchase in the pre-sale of 4 tickets to one show bars me from trying to buy for other shows in the open sale - even though those than can participate in the open sale can - from www.ticketmaster.co.uk - but for multiple shows within the 4 ticket limit, something my $45 dollar subsription didn't allow.

Been a fan since 82, but this really is the most p*ssed off I have ever been with U2/their mgt.

Mike

Those of you in the UK or even in Dublin... do you have a local news station that also features someone who does like a trouble shooting segment? where people who've been ripped off, treated unjustly, etc. can call in and a reporter investigates and airs on the news? 'cos maybe this could be looked into and if it airs, there's a chance U2 management might see it?

I can understand them going after scalpers if they got illegitimate codes.

But when you buy your ticket (having paid the $40 membership fee), I no longer feel it is any of U2.com's business what you choose to do with it.

4EVRU2 said:
Those of you in the UK or even in Dublin... do you have a local news station that also features someone who does like a trouble shooting segment? where people who've been ripped off, treated unjustly, etc. can call in and a reporter investigates and airs on the news? 'cos maybe this could be looked into and if it airs, there's a chance U2 management might see it?

The BBC (National, not local BBC) have such a programme called Watchdog, who have already been contacted by Interferencers.

There's a discussion about that kind of action here if you're interested - http://forum.interference.com/t111081.html

ok, this is a little better.. an attempt at acknowledging that they F**K'd up big time.

all I can say is: what the hell do you expect dealing with Ticketmaster? come on, that's why situations like Propaganda the way it WAS worked.. the way other bands do it.. why everyone wants to stay away from ticketmaster, but you can't when it comes to general sales. but at least with presales, maybe you learned your lesson this time guys.

anyway, so maybe there is hope and hopefully (man why I am telling myself this, it's still ticketmaster!) but hopefully with the additional dates, we'll all have a shot at something redeeming.

and yeah, thanks u2.com for reminding me that my $40 went to more than presale ticket.. like I need to see U2's videos again. you think I dont already have all of that stuff? come on. just let us get GA tickets and we'll all shut up.

but thanks for at least acknowledging that you messed up big time.

now let's see how you fix it.

Yup, basically this is a statement acknowledging they screwed up (pretty pathetic, I must say).

Nothing, absolutely nothing, on how they will fix it.

Here's a way to try to get this whole U2.com situation to ABC TV and Jimmy Kimmel Live:

From http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/

Have you been scammed, swindled, gypped, or ripped-off? Jimmy Kimmel, Consumer Advocate, wants to help you! Tell Jimmy "What's Your Problem?

***Buying more tickets with same code*** CONFIRMED BY U2.COM

Sorry if already posted, but looks like all of you who were scared about using the code only for 2 tickets can relax now.

Presale: More Information, More Shows

Thanks to everyone who took part in our first U2.Com ticket presale for the European and North American 'Vertigo Tour'.

We know that subscribers experienced difficulties buying their tickets and we're pleased that those problems are now being ironed out.

Most of you have now be able to book tickets for these shows and we appreciate your messages of thanks and support. Sorry that demand exceeded supply for Madison Square Garden NY and Wachovia Centre, Philadelphia shows. We went way over the original allocation.

We really appreciate your patience as this is the first time we've attempted an online presale. New technology ? including U2.Com - helps us stay in touch with you but also reveals its drawbacks when everyone tries to do the same thing at once.

Don't forget, if you have a subscriber code it will still be honoured when the band plays more dates. There will be more tickets for U2.Com subscribers.

We are very aware that some people seem to have abused the system to scalp on Ebay or similar sites. We are currently looking into the possibility of identifying these people and withdrawing their tickets. Any help you can give us on this would be gratefully received.

Remember that your subscription to U2.Com gives you much more than access to the presale - not least the fact that you can watch on demand every video
the band have made and listen to every track on every album, every b-side on
every single!

Right now you can check the band taking you through 'How To Dismantle An
Atomic Bomb' track-by-track, watch the 'Making Of Vertigo' documentary, read the new Jacknife Lee profile and catch Phil Joanou's 'All Because of You' video ... there's lots more on the way.

Re: ***Buying more tickets with same code*** CONFIRMED BY U2.COM

brejc said:

We really appreciate your patience as this is the first time we've attempted an online presale. New technology ? including U2.Com - helps us stay in touch with you but also reveals its drawbacks when everyone tries to do the same thing at once.

The Stones had a pre-sale system for their last tour. All fan club members were given a code. Perhaps I was lucky but the system worked perfectly - got through to the city I wanted and was given a choice of three venues (They played a small 1600 seater theatre, an 12000 arena and a stadium in the same city - dream on!) and a choice of seating (There was a 2 ticket limit for the small theatre or a limit of 4 seats at the arena).

Now someone will say - U2 have so many loyal fans - well the same is true for the Stones. Imagine the rush to get one of those 1600 seats in the theatre. Perhaps I was lucky - but for me the system worked perfectly. For U2 it took about 24 hours - several emails and eventually I was only offered 'price level 3' tickets in a stadium. Are you telling me that all the better seats have gone? No they'll be onsale today and will be bought by those who have not paid $40 for the privilege of early access to tickets. Someone explain that to me. Boy do I get fed up reading "U2 are special - they love their fans". Nonsense.

BTW When the Stones played three different sized venues in the same city they varied their setlist. In the stadiums they basically played a 'greatest hits' show - in the small theatre they did more obscure songs and album tracks - and in the arena they played a mixture. U2 still have a lot to learn if they want to be the number one touring band.

Re: ***Buying more tickets with same code*** CONFIRMED BY U2.COM

We are very aware that some people seem to have abused the system to scalp on Ebay or similar sites. We are currently looking into the possibility of identifying these people and withdrawing their tickets. Any help you can give us on this would be gratefully received.

Well, seeing how there are Floor seats for sale on Ebay for Seattle, Vancouver, and Phoenix I think it's safe to say they were not bought through the presale. Some of these individual auctions are for up to 20 tickets.

These GAs (and presumably other market's GAs - given the number and speed of so many auctions) are being siphoned off before the public has a crack at them. Maybe the Toronto promoting outfit are the people to speak with.

But I gotta say, if U2 is pulling seats back from ETS that's a pretty big step. As I posted before - U2 did not price GAs at $50 for the benefit of scalpers.

David

Re: Re: ***Buying more tickets with same code*** CONFIRMED BY U2.COM

arizzzona said:

Well, seeing how there are Floor seats for sale on Ebay for Seattle, Vancouver, and Phoenix I think it's safe to say they were not bought through the presale. Some of these individual auctions are for up to 20 tickets.

These GAs (and presumably other market's GAs - given the number and speed of so many auctions) are being siphoned off before the public has a crack at them. Maybe the Toronto promoting outfit are the people to speak with.

These are speculative auctions. These brokers are selling them based on the assumption they will get them at onsale or by buying low selling high. Don't be fooled. Ebay can be a source for legit (if not slightly high priced) tickets, but not this early. I personally saw 9 shows on the last tour and only managed to get 1 of the 18 tickets I bought from an onsale. All the rest were fan trades, sales or ebay.

Last edited:
I don't know that this means you can use the same code to buy more tix later. I think it means that those who didn't use their codes for this pre-sale, for whatever reason, will still be able to use it on future pre-sales...like the 3rd leg. Also, you have to worry about the TM limits...or use multiple credit cards with different names and billing addresses.

Another Rolling Stones greatest hits tour....yawn.

There is also a big difference in the popularity of current releases from the Rolling Stones compaired to current releases from U2....its really comparing apples to oranges....The presale worked fine for me it didnt work fine for some others....I was in the ticketmaster system within 2 minutes for the presale.

this really shows U2's true colors. although they can't erase what happened, at least they're trying to make some effort to make it right.

The amount of GAs that ETS had for the last tour for each show (that I witnessed) was not overwhelming. If this holds true for this tour as well, this 'quick fix' wont make much of a difference for most folks.

Elvis said:
The amount of GAs that ETS had for the last tour for each show (that I witnessed) was not overwhelming. If this holds true for this tour as well, this 'quick fix' wont make much of a difference for most folks.

Elvis, is Total Tickets going to take away my GA's now too?

atikicat said:
I don't know that this means you can use the same code to buy more tix later. I think it means that those who didn't use their codes for this pre-sale, for whatever reason, will still be able to use it on future pre-sales...like the 3rd leg. Also, you have to worry about the TM limits...or use multiple credit cards with different names and billing addresses.

Don't forget, if you have a subscriber code it will still be honoured when the band plays more dates. There will be more tickets for U2.Com subscribers.

isn't this pretty clear?

I read that to mean that if you haven't used your code yet the code will be usuable for the third, and fourth leg, and possibly maybe any shows added along the way of the entire tour (maybe, kinda).

I don't read it to mean if you have used your code you can use it again.

Exactly, it does not make it crystal clear if you can use your code 'again', I think that just means people that haven't used their code yet.

Funny how they say 'don't forget' when I don't remember them ever making anything clear except that you may only use your code once.

Back
Top Bottom