MERGED --> One month to Chicago + Chicago is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
drink a couple boittles of nyquil

you will wake up in 7 days and the show will be here!!

did you guys get this email? Love how they call the elipse the "egg"

http://www.unitedcenter.com/test/U2GAlinepolicy.pdf

U2 - LIVE AT THE UNITED CENTER - MAY 7, 2005

The United Center would like to thank you for purchasing tickets to see U2 live in concert on SATURDAY, MAY 7TH at 7:30 PM. The iconic Irish foursome arrive in the windy city for their first of four shows at the United Center promoting the first leg of their 2005 Vertigo tour.

The much anticipated world tour kicked off on March 28th at the San Diego Sports Arena and will cover 13 cities in the U.S. and Canada before crossing the Atlantic and arriving in Brussels on June 10th for two months of open air European shows. Following their August 14th appearance in Lisbon the band will regroup in the U.S. for the third leg of the tour. Thirty fall arena dates later, U2 will perform their final show on December 19th at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

HAS IT REALLY BEEN 27 YEARS?

Fresh off their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, U2 has sold more than 130 million albums, won 14 Grammy Awards and launched a slew of sold-out world tours. Not a bad career for four Dublin lads who formed the band in 1978. Twenty-seven years later, the band's original members: Bono (lead vocals), Larry Mullen Jr. (drums and percussion), Adam Clayton (bass) and The Edge (guitar) are still making history together. Whether you grew up listening to Joshua Tree, experimented with Zooropa, or got hooked on All That You Can't Leave Behind - trust us when we tell you that How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and the current Vertigo tour won't disappoint. U2 is still proving, with seeming ease, that it is without question, one of rock's most popular and durable bands. And with 27 years of quality material to choose from, they have been mining the archives for their current tour, mixing old hits in with the new, appealing to all their generations of fans.

Still haven't checked out their latest album? Head over to Rolling Stone and let famed music editor Rob Sheffield break it down for you. You can also hear clips of each song off the new album. You don't want to be the only one in the arena who can't sing along, now do you? Likewise, for a plethora of information on the tour (and previous tours) including concert reviews, reports, set lists, gossip, rumors, merchandise and pictures abound, U2tours.com is an excellent resource.

EGG-CEPTIONAL NEWS FOR GENERAL ADMISSION FANS

Since the revelation that there would be a U2 tour in 2005, fans have been speculating about whether or not the band would have a special general admission section similar to "The Heart" during the Elevation Tour. Well speculate no more....in addition to the GA seats on the arena floor, a limited number of randomly selected GA ticket holders will have a chance to see the group close-up from a special area in front of the stage. Each Vertigo performance features an ellipse-shaped catwalk (commonly referred to by fans as "The Egg") that allows the band to be closer to fans. And concert-goers with GA tickets will have a chance to get into the egg's inner circle. Everyone with GA tickets should read The United Center's GA ticket Line Policy which covers the door entrance and wrist banding procedure, as well as the ellipse entry process.

THE KING OF OPENING ACTS

Now U2 doesn't need an opening act, since by all practical measures two hours of U2 in of itself makes for a pretty full musical night, but if there ever was an opening number not to be missed, the Kings of Leon are it. The Followill brothers - Caleb (guitar), Nathan (drums), and Jared (bass) - grew up in the rural south listening to the likes of the Stones and Neil Young. They spent their time traveling around with their Pentecostal-preachin' father to religious revivals until they eventually settled in Nashville in 1998. The country-music capital of the world soon became the backyard for the collaboration and creation of the Kings of Leon, named after their father and grandfather. Joined by cousin Matthew Followill, the boys developed a new way to interpret Southern rock in a style that hadn't been done before. So you're not convinced yet? Never heard of any of any of their music, you say? Think again...you've no doubt heard (and tapped your foot to) their hit "Molly's Chamber" in Volkswagen's' latest Jetta commercial. Seriously, turn up the speakers for this one.

HAVE YOU MADE PRE-CONCERT DINNER PLANS YET?

We know Bono wouldn't want you out there singing and dancing on an empty stomach and the Chicago Stadium Club Bar and Restaurant has just the answer. Located near section 224 of the club level, the Chicago Stadium Club dining room opens its doors two hours prior to the start of the concert and can seat up to 200 people. Additional seating is also located in the Chicago Stadium Club bar adjacent to the dining room on a first come, first serve basis. The Club offers an extensive concert night buffet which features a selection of hot and cold appetizers, fresh soups and salads; entrée choices including the chef's special preparation of fresh fish, beef, pasta, chicken and a carving station; as well as an array of fresh cakes, tortes and seasonal fruits. The cost of the Club buffet is $29.95 per person. Money well spent for some great food and the nourishment you'll need to belt out the high notes in "Running to Standstill". To make a reservation at the Chicago Stadium Club Restaurant please call (312) 455-CLUB (2582).

DRIVING TO THE UNITED CENTER FOR THE CONCERT?

There are over 6,000 parking spaces in lots surrounding the United Center that can be accessed from Damen Avenue, Madison Street, Adams Street and Warren Boulevard. United Center parking facilities are adequately staffed to assist in directing traffic in and out of lots and offer will pre-pay to avoid delays in exiting. Please refer to the diagram below for the variety of parking accommodations; all priced between $13-$30. Advanced parking in lots H and C can be purchased online as well. Likewise, handicapped parking is available in the south half of Lot G and the front curb at Lot H. Please call the United Center parking office at (312) 455-4589 for more information.

*wondering if I can take Ambien for 5 days in a row in 8 hour shifts*

nurse chrissi said:

We know Bono wouldn't want you out there singing and dancing on an empty stomach and the Chicago Stadium Club Bar and Restaurant has just the answer. Located near section 224 of the club level, the Chicago Stadium Club dining room opens its doors two hours prior to the start of the concert and can seat up to 200 people. Additional seating is also located in the Chicago Stadium Club bar adjacent to the dining room on a first come, first serve basis. The Club offers an extensive concert night buffet which features a selection of hot and cold appetizers, fresh soups and salads; entrée choices including the chef's special preparation of fresh fish, beef, pasta, chicken and a carving station; as well as an array of fresh cakes, tortes and seasonal fruits. The cost of the Club buffet is $29.95 per person. Money well spent for some great food and the nourishment you'll need to belt out the high notes in "Running to Standstill". To make a reservation at the Chicago Stadium Club Restaurant please call (312) 455-CLUB (2582).

:lmao: for some reason this just made me laugh really loud. :der: nice plug for arena food.

nurse chrissi said:
did you guys get this email? Love how they call the elipse the "egg"

http://www.unitedcenter.com/test/U2GAlinepolicy.pdf

U2 - LIVE AT THE UNITED CENTER - MAY 7, 2005

The United Center would like to thank you for purchasing tickets to see U2 live in concert on SATURDAY, MAY 7TH at 7:30 PM. The iconic Irish foursome arrive in the windy city for their first of four shows at the United Center promoting the first leg of their 2005 Vertigo tour.

The much anticipated world tour kicked off on March 28th at the San Diego Sports Arena and will cover 13 cities in the U.S. and Canada before crossing the Atlantic and arriving in Brussels on June 10th for two months of open air European shows. Following their August 14th appearance in Lisbon the band will regroup in the U.S. for the third leg of the tour. Thirty fall arena dates later, U2 will perform their final show on December 19th at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

HAS IT REALLY BEEN 27 YEARS?

Fresh off their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, U2 has sold more than 130 million albums, won 14 Grammy Awards and launched a slew of sold-out world tours. Not a bad career for four Dublin lads who formed the band in 1978. Twenty-seven years later, the band's original members: Bono (lead vocals), Larry Mullen Jr. (drums and percussion), Adam Clayton (bass) and The Edge (guitar) are still making history together. Whether you grew up listening to Joshua Tree, experimented with Zooropa, or got hooked on All That You Can't Leave Behind - trust us when we tell you that How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and the current Vertigo tour won't disappoint. U2 is still proving, with seeming ease, that it is without question, one of rock's most popular and durable bands. And with 27 years of quality material to choose from, they have been mining the archives for their current tour, mixing old hits in with the new, appealing to all their generations of fans.

Still haven't checked out their latest album? Head over to Rolling Stone and let famed music editor Rob Sheffield break it down for you. You can also hear clips of each song off the new album. You don't want to be the only one in the arena who can't sing along, now do you? Likewise, for a plethora of information on the tour (and previous tours) including concert reviews, reports, set lists, gossip, rumors, merchandise and pictures abound, U2tours.com is an excellent resource.

EGG-CEPTIONAL NEWS FOR GENERAL ADMISSION FANS

Since the revelation that there would be a U2 tour in 2005, fans have been speculating about whether or not the band would have a special general admission section similar to "The Heart" during the Elevation Tour. Well speculate no more....in addition to the GA seats on the arena floor, a limited number of randomly selected GA ticket holders will have a chance to see the group close-up from a special area in front of the stage. Each Vertigo performance features an ellipse-shaped catwalk (commonly referred to by fans as "The Egg") that allows the band to be closer to fans. And concert-goers with GA tickets will have a chance to get into the egg's inner circle. Everyone with GA tickets should read The United Center's GA ticket Line Policy which covers the door entrance and wrist banding procedure, as well as the ellipse entry process.

THE KING OF OPENING ACTS

Now U2 doesn't need an opening act, since by all practical measures two hours of U2 in of itself makes for a pretty full musical night, but if there ever was an opening number not to be missed, the Kings of Leon are it. The Followill brothers - Caleb (guitar), Nathan (drums), and Jared (bass) - grew up in the rural south listening to the likes of the Stones and Neil Young. They spent their time traveling around with their Pentecostal-preachin' father to religious revivals until they eventually settled in Nashville in 1998. The country-music capital of the world soon became the backyard for the collaboration and creation of the Kings of Leon, named after their father and grandfather. Joined by cousin Matthew Followill, the boys developed a new way to interpret Southern rock in a style that hadn't been done before. So you're not convinced yet? Never heard of any of any of their music, you say? Think again...you've no doubt heard (and tapped your foot to) their hit "Molly's Chamber" in Volkswagen's' latest Jetta commercial. Seriously, turn up the speakers for this one.

DRIVING TO THE UNITED CENTER FOR THE CONCERT?

There are over 6,000 parking spaces in lots surrounding the United Center that can be accessed from Damen Avenue, Madison Street, Adams Street and Warren Boulevard. United Center parking facilities are adequately staffed to assist in directing traffic in and out of lots and offer will pre-pay to avoid delays in exiting. Please refer to the diagram below for the variety of parking accommodations; all priced between $13-$30. Advanced parking in lots H and C can be purchased online as well. Likewise, handicapped parking is available in the south half of Lot G and the front curb at Lot H. Please call the United Center parking office at (312) 455-4589 for more information.

Do you have the link for the United Center line policy mentioned above? I couldn't find anything on their website. If not I'm calling 'em! :huh:
Hey when I posted this the link came up for me - bizarre - thanks anyway! :huh: :eyebrow:

Soooo, the link says we can't line up til 12...are we all going to walk around the block all day til high noon hits then rush to the line? Or hideout in our cars all day til the clock hits twelve then make a mad dash for the line??? :huh: :huh:

How can an event as great as a U2 concert cause so much STRESS :banghead: :banghead: :crazy: :crazy:

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. It's still snowing/raining ice pellets here and we're still under a freeze watch. I walked across the commons lawn at school today and noticed the ground had frozen again. Today was absolutely frigid, I can't believe the windchill was above freezing. I'm supposed to be typing a paper right now, but my hands are honestly too cold and stiff and I just can't bring myself to turn the furnace on in MAY.

So, I've never done GA before. This is my list of what to bring. Please let me know what I forgot!

- rain gear
- lawn chair and/or picnic blanket
- camera
- something to get signed if we're so lucky

What's the best way to pack? Should I bring my backpack (for hiking, but not the huge overnight kind) so I can keep everything together and ditch it all at once towards the end?

Also, I have seats on May 7. What's a good time to arrive for those? Is there any reason to come earlier than 6:30/7ish?

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

So, I've never done GA before. This is my list of what to bring. Please let me know what I forgot!

- rain gear
- lawn chair and/or picnic blanket
- camera
- something to get signed if we're so lucky

What's the best way to pack? Should I bring my backpack (for hiking, but not the huge overnight kind) so I can keep everything together and ditch it all at once towards the end?

ugh, that weather forecast blows! but, i have faith that it will probably change- forecasters really can't predict that far in advance very accurately. let's just hope it doesn't change for the WORSE! :ohmy: :sad:

LivLuv: your supplies look good. you might want to bring food/water, too- don't want to get dehydrated during the day, as it gets really hot and sweaty during the show (and you need to be in pretty good condition!). also might want to bring cards, or a book, or something to do... it's a long day, though you'll probably spend most of the time talking to the fans around you in line. :)

and yeah, a backpack would be good to keep all your stuff together (esp if you plan on leaving the line during the day). also, try to park near the GA line so that when they tell everyone to go stash their stuff, it won't take you very long to do so.

have fun!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
In the last hour , one of my friends offered me a ticket for the May 7th gig. I had been planning on going to Toronto this weekend anyway but he and I would drive down from T.O. to Chicago, attend the gig, maybe do something after, sleep a bit then head back to T.O. the next day!

We've just decided all of this in the past hour....I can't believe it!
A road trip AND U2 :drool:

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
In the last hour , one of my friends offered me a ticket for the May 7th gig. I had been planning on going to Toronto this weekend anyway but he and I would drive down from T.O. to Chicago, attend the gig, maybe do something after, sleep a bit then head back to T.O. the next day!

:wink: congrats! have a great time

ladywithspinninghead said:

hooray, julie! that's so exciting... have a great time, and a safe trip. i'll see ya in NYC in a couple of weeks! :)

Back
Top Bottom