MERGED --> One month to Chicago + Chicago is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hemlock said:
Key Arena's official policy was to not allow cameras into the show, but at the door they hardly checked anything, and many, many people were snapping photos inside. Maybe it will be the same at UC.

Oh and as a former (briefly) Chicagoan, I have to say that Lou Malnati's makes the best pie in town.

I'm a Chicago local and I second the Lou Malnati's recommendation... but I'm probably not the best person to ask about Chicago pizza. I much prefer the St. Louis-style thin crust and Provelle cheese creation there.

>>>> GA REQUEST

Anybody going solo GA on 5/10? Preferably a U2.com member?
I've got one ticket for GA (the rest of my friends are in seats), and I'd like to make a buddy-bomb-shelter-deal with another solo-goer. E-mail me at OldTimerU2Fan@U2.com.

OldTimerU2Fan said:

I'm a Chicago local and I second the Lou Malnati's recommendation... but I'm probably not the best person to ask about Chicago pizza. I much prefer the St. Louis-style thin crust and Provelle cheese creation there.

imos!!! :drool:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Hey...were you serious about meeting up with me after the concert?

Just asking.

which night? the 12th? i would definitely like to- i just have to talk to the 2 other people i'm going/staying with, to see what their plans are...

are you meeting up w/ people any other nights? or just the 12th?

and are you going to the Hard Rock party on the 8th?

*Ally* said:

which night? the 12th? i would definitely like to- i just have to talk to the 2 other people i'm going/staying with, to see what their plans are...

are you meeting up w/ people any other nights? or just the 12th?

and are you going to the Hard Rock party on the 8th?

No...I'm the 10th. I don't think I can make it to the Hard Rock Party on the 8th...so that's why I'm planning the gathering after the May 10th concert...to make up for that....and plus...I don't have the tickets to the other so...so that's pointless.

Just let me know but either May 8th or May 9th.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Imos? What in god's name is Imos?

Imo's is St. Louis style pizza. It's a chain in St. Louis. They are thin crust pizzas made w/provelone cheese. The pizza is so amazing that I have had actually had Imo's dreams. If you are ever in St. Louis, go to Imo's. They are all over the place.

u2valleygirl said:

Imo's is St. Louis style pizza. It's a chain in St. Louis. They are thin crust pizzas made w/provelone cheese. The pizza is so amazing that I have had actually had Imo's dreams. If you are ever in St. Louis, go to Imo's. They are all over the place.

Oh...ok...I'm thinking Gino's here...so sorry for the confusion.

Hmm...never tried St. Louis styled pizza....but since I am in the Chicagoland area...I'm used to Chicago styled pizza

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

No...I'm the 10th. I don't think I can make it to the Hard Rock Party on the 8th...so that's why I'm planning the gathering after the May 10th concert...to make up for that....and plus...I don't have the tickets to the other so...so that's pointless.

Just let me know but either May 8th or May 9th.

ah, ok- gotcha about the 10th! :) i'll probably be down for grabbing a drink- i'll post in the may 10th "fan gatherings" thread, so that we can all coordinate. :up:

so close!!! :hyper:

*Ally* said:

ah, ok- gotcha about the 10th! :) i'll probably be down for grabbing a drink- i'll post in the may 10th "fan gatherings" thread, so that we can all coordinate. :up:

so close!!! :hyper:

Yea...sorry about the confusion...that is what I was thinking about too...grabbing a drink...talking...stuff like that. I couldn't afford anymore shows anyways...and plus...I had two doubles at the theater I work on those two days the tickets went on sale for all of the Chicago shows.

Yea...sure.

u2valleygirl said:

how do you know about Imo's if you live in California?

it is sooo good, i want one now

btw its not made with provolone cheese, its made with provel cheese, a type of cheese they invented, and its delish

:drool::drool::drool:

Chizip said:

how do you know about Imo's if you live in California?

it is sooo good, i want one now

btw its not made with provolone cheese, its made with provel cheese, a type of cheese they invented, and its delish

:drool::drool::drool:

The above is correct. I think it's a combination of cheeses actually (part provelone). More herbs, etc. than most other kinds of pizzas, not so tomato-y sauce, and pastry-thin crust. Imo's has just become the most famous joint - many places in STL offer the same style of pizza, some of them even better IMO. (hah, I said IMO again!)

I grew up in STL, and to this day, still have cravings for that pizza. Once, on a layover in STL (in the TWA days), I ordered one delivered to the Departing Flights gate outside. Best airport food I've ever had!!

I'm going to the 5/7 show and wanted to know if anyone is meeting up after or before the show? Would love to meet some fellow interferencers. I would go the 5/8 party but I'm leaving that same morning.

OldTimerU2Fan said:

The above is correct. I think it's a combination of cheeses actually (part provelone). More herbs, etc. than most other kinds of pizzas, not so tomato-y sauce, and pastry-thin crust. Imo's has just become the most famous joint - many places in STL offer the same style of pizza, some of them even better IMO. (hah, I said IMO again!)

I grew up in STL, and to this day, still have cravings for that pizza. Once, on a layover in STL (in the TWA days), I ordered one delivered to the Departing Flights gate outside. Best airport food I've ever had!!

you know you can order it anywhere in the country, and theyll ship it to you frozen and you can cook it in your oven

check out http://www.stlpizza.com/

its probably not quite as good, but could still help with the cravings...

zoopop said:
I'm going to the 5/7 show and wanted to know if anyone is meeting up after or before the show? Would love to meet some fellow interferencers. I would go the 5/8 party but I'm leaving that same morning.

Hey Zoopop--I'll be at the 5/7 show and can't do anything before because I'll be in the GA line. I'm not sure if there are plans for after. I can give a tentative yes, but I've found with other shows that I'm pretty exhausted after 14 hours in line :crazy: Check out the Fan Gatherings thread and see if there is mention of something there...

Good time to be in Chicago?

U2 - May 7,9,10,12 (United Center)
Coldplay - May 6 (Metro)
Springsteen - May 11 (Rosemont Theatre)
Wilco - May 4,5,6,7 (Vic Theatre)
Snow Patrol - May 12 (Vic Theatre)
The Killers - May 11 (Riviera Theatre)
Billy Idol - May 12 (Congress Theatre)
Stereophonics - May 9 (Metro)

kawai17 said:
Good time to be in Chicago?

U2 - May 7,9,10,12 (United Center)