MERGED --> One month to Chicago + Chicago is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
miss becky said:

What time would you recommend getting there in order to get a low number? The problem seems to be where to go, if you get there early.

tough to say...not sure if the GA lineup times are differing because of the restrictions or the new GA rules, but at least for elevation, around 10am was a good time to be in the top 100 or so.

I so pumped for Chicago! My first two U2 concerts ever, I get to stay w/ my bf's relatives in a million dollar condo downtown, see the aquarium (which I've always wanted to do), and maybe even catch a Cubs game :hyper:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I so pumped for Chicago! My first two U2 concerts ever, I get to stay w/ my bf's relatives in a million dollar condo downtown, see the aquarium (which I've always wanted to do), and maybe even catch a Cubs game :hyper:

Does that mean you're coming to the U2Midwest Party Lies ?

eep said:

Does that mean you're coming to the U2Midwest Party Lies ?

I really have no clue. If we go see the Cubs it will be on the Sunday. Plus, we've got to do something w/ Phil's relatives since they're basically housing and feeding us for 4 days. I can't say for sure b/c I'm going to let him plan Sunday since I'm the one dragging him down there to the concerts, shopping, and aquarium....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I really have no clue. If we go see the Cubs it will be on the Sunday. Plus, we've got to do something w/ Phil's relatives since they're basically housing and feeding us for 4 days. I can't say for sure b/c I'm going to let him plan Sunday since I'm the one dragging him down there to the concerts, shopping, and aquarium....

Well, the party is at 8pm. You should come.

the tix for 7th show i will sell with the same price I bought..around US$65 something...
any preparty in chicago?after the show ..is there any bus/cab outside the area?
c u all in chicago..can't wait....
wait outside UC is it safe..say around9 am?
thx

this will be my first u2 concert and first time in chicago for almost 15 years. where' the best pizza? gino's east? what's the aquarium like? may 9th is gonna rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:drool: :edge: :rockon: :camera:

u2phoenix said:
this will be my first u2 concert and first time in chicago for almost 15 years. where' the best pizza? gino's east? what's the aquarium like? may 9th is gonna rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:drool: :edge: :rockon: :camera:

Lou Malnattis IMO

Yes!! The aquarium should be seen...it is great.

Here are some great pizza options (too many:drool: ):
Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
439 N Wells St

Bella Bacino's
75 E Wacker Dr

Giordano's(multiple locations)

Gino's East

Pompei (~1575 W. Taylor St.)

Aurelio's
506 W. Harrison St.

Hi folks,

I am flying in from Belfast, Ireland.

I'll be in Chicago for 6 nights, 2 of those at the United Center for concerts 1 and 2, a night with the Killers at the Riveria Theatre and a night at the Cubs vs NY Mets....it may just be the greatest trip I've ever been on.

So apart for stalking the band around town, is there any other "must do's" in Chicago...I've got 2 more nights to fill.

Cheers,
Roondawg

PS What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?

RoonDawg said:
Hi folks,

I am flying in from Belfast, Ireland.

I'll be in Chicago for 6 nights, 2 of those at the United Center for concerts 1 and 2, a night with the Killers at the Riveria Theatre and a night at the Cubs vs NY Mets....it may just be the greatest trip I've ever been on.

So apart for stalking the band around town, is there any other "must do's" in Chicago...I've got 2 more nights to fill.

Cheers,
Roondawg

PS What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?

Check this out: http://www.u2tours.com/cities/chicago/

Lots of stuff to do!

:hyper:

blindinglights7 said:
Chicago will be my first concert ever.... so excited!!! :wink:

Does anyone know it the UC is allowing cameras?

It should say on your tickets that no cameras are allowed...but I think U2 doesn't mind you take pictures....I brought cameras into the United Center before during the Elevation Tour (Put them in my mom's purse and all they did was scan her purse).

Cameras are usually allowed as long as they aren't professional...meaning the cameras w/a detachable lens. I took mine in all nights of the Elevation Tour....small 35mm. No worries! :wave:

Originally posted by miss becky
Thank you, MsMofoGone! I really appreciate you taking the time to look into that. :hug:

F.Y.I. ... You need to check out the U2 Tour Dates section ...

The thread is "MERGED- GA Rules For Chicago + Chi. GA Line-Up"..

There's a website posted regarding the new GA rules for the UC,
I think you'll definitely want to check this site out ...

And before you ask me ... Yes, I can see that I'm gonna have to call the UC again ... With the concerts for Chicago just around the corner ... Now, I can see the real "headaches" are going to start with the CONSTANT updating of GA information. :banghead:

Here is some info I found out...

The United Center welcomes all guests with General Admission (“GA”) tickets to begin arriving and forming a line no earlier than 12:00 pm. The United Center asks that all guests adhere to the following policies. GA ticketholders violating any of the following policies may be asked to surrender their line position, tickets, and may be removed from the United Center.

The GA line will begin on Honore Street, and will turn down Adams Street. The GA line will enter the arena through Gate 5 (southeast corner). See attached map.

GA ticketholders may begin lining up no earlier than 12:00 pm on each date of the show, and you must have a ticket for that evening’s performance.

Please be respectful of other guests in line at all times. No profanity, running, pushing, line jumping, horseplay, or other such unsafe behavior.

Scalping or re-selling tickets will not be permitted.

Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted in line.

You must be present to get a space in line. Guests will not be allowed to “hold” a place in line for other guests planning to arrive later.

Backpacks, large bags, and outside food and/or beverages are not allowed into the United Center, so at 4:30 pm, the United Center will ask all guests to return all such items to their vehicles.

Wristbands giving access to the main floor area (GA area) will be distributed to guests as they enter the arena once the gates are open. Floor access will be permitted through sections 109-110 only.

Guests will be randomly selected to receive a second wristband to access the Ellipse portion of the U2 stage.

Due to the nature of GA lines, the United Center staff will not settle disputes over line position. Disputes over line position will result in all involved parties going to the back of the line.

Once you are in line, you will not be allowed to leave the United Center property. If you choose to leave you will forfeit your place in line, and the United Center can not guarantee you will receive another place in line.

Once inside the arena, no pushing, moshing, or body surfing will be permitted.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, comments or concerns during your visit, please contact the nearest United Center staff member.

My first U2 concert will be General Admission Chicago on May 10th. Imagine how excited I am! Not looking forward to that long wait in the GA line, though...bleh. And I have an awful long drive from Connecticut to Chicago. But either way, I can't contain the excitement!

If you're desperate to get a camera in, everybody, then just put it in a purse underneath some tampons. Nobody will do a fucking thing--they'll see everything just kickin' it in there and let you go on your merry way. I had my lady do that during the Elevation tour and all was well. Just remember: the menstrual cycle still terrifies people, even in the post-feminist American landscape. NEVER miss the opportunity to exploit this.

Hell yes.

If you shout... said:
Just remember: the menstrual cycle still terrifies people, even in the post-feminist American landscape. NEVER miss the opportunity to exploit this.

Hell yes.

:lmao:

U2Girl1978 said:

The United Center welcomes all guests with General Admission (“GA”) tickets to begin arriving and forming a line no earlier than 12:00 pm. The United Center asks that all guests adhere to the following policies. GA ticketholders violating any of the following policies may be asked to surrender their line position, tickets, and may be removed from the United Center.

The GA line will begin on Honore Street, and will turn down Adams Street. The GA line will enter the arena through Gate 5 (southeast corner). See attached map.

GA ticketholders may begin lining up no earlier than 12:00 pm on each date of the show, and you must have a ticket for that evening’s performance.

Please be respectful of other guests in line at all times. No profanity, running, pushing, line jumping, horseplay, or other such unsafe behavior.

Scalping or re-selling tickets will not be permitted.

Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted in line.

You must be present to get a space in line. Guests will not be allowed to “hold” a place in line for other guests planning to arrive later.

Backpacks, large bags, and outside food and/or beverages are not allowed into the United Center, so at 4:30 pm, the United Center will ask all guests to return all such items to their vehicles.

Wristbands giving access to the main floor area (GA area) will be distributed to guests as they enter the arena once the gates are open. Floor access will be permitted through sections 109-110 only.

Guests will be randomly selected to receive a second wristband to access the Ellipse portion of the U2 stage.

Due to the nature of GA lines, the United Center staff will not settle disputes over line position. Disputes over line position will result in all involved parties going to the back of the line.

Once you are in line, you will not be allowed to leave the United Center property. If you choose to leave you will forfeit your place in line, and the United Center can not guarantee you will receive another place in line.

Once inside the arena, no pushing, moshing, or body surfing will be permitted.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, comments or concerns during your visit, please contact the nearest United Center staff member.

is it just me or are these rules craptastic?

especially the not being able to leave the line rule...

does anyone think they will actually enforce this?

If you shout... said:
If you're desperate to get a camera in, everybody, then just put it in a purse underneath some tampons. Nobody will do a fucking thing--they'll see everything just kickin' it in there and let you go on your merry way. I had my lady do that during the Elevation tour and all was well. Just remember: the menstrual cycle still terrifies people, even in the post-feminist American landscape. NEVER miss the opportunity to exploit this.

Hell yes.
Does this trick work for guys too?

Key Arena's official policy was to not allow cameras into the show, but at the door they hardly checked anything, and many, many people were snapping photos inside. Maybe it will be the same at UC.

Oh and as a former (briefly) Chicagoan, I have to say that Lou Malnati's makes the best pie in town.

U2Girl1978 said:

No profanity, running, pushing, line jumping, horseplay, or other such unsafe behavior.

no horseplay??? that's it, i'm selling my GAs...

:wink:

but seriously, they also mention "no profanity" in the GA line... um, exactly who owns the United Center?? that's just ridiculous. :coocoo: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom