MERGED --> Old Propaganda Members are First in Line!!!+Presale This Tuesday/ Presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daniel Martin said:

Don't you think that 20 years of loyalty should get you a little more than 1 or 2 months of loyalty????????????????
don't get me wrong...I'm happy for what I got but......

No, because that's discriminatory. I haven't even been alive 20 years, though I would give U2 20 years of loyalty if I could. We're all fans and no-one should be considered to be of a higher rank just because they've been a fan longer.

shit.

I paid $40 and I can only get 2 tickets????:madspit:

man....these tickets better be priced fairly (READ: under $60 a piece) or else....

also, we better be getting REALLY GOOD seats for this presale.:eyebrow:

so if I have been working for a company 20 years, I should get the same pay as someone working there for 20 years.........come on..........

The_One1932 said:
should i be alarmed if i haven't gotten an email yet?

I would be. Check your junk mail folder. Oh, and its the email you setup in your U2.com profile, not your u2.com webmail account, (unless that's what you setup in your u2.com profile).

I wouldn't use that u2.com webmail address for anything important as its really unreliable.

Daniel Martin said:
so if I have been working for a company 20 years, I should get the same pay as someone working there for 20 years.........come on..........

That can't apply. Unless, U2 are paying you. :wink:

They are a service, not your employer. And even so, mergers and hostile take overs occur in our world. An employment status will only get you so far provided that the management team is the same or has the same principles and goals over a long period of time.

Roland of Gilead said:

That can't apply. Unless, U2 are paying you. :wink:

They are a service, not your employer. And even so, mergers and hostile take overs occur in our world. An employment status will only get you so far provided that the management team is the same or has the same principles and goals over a long period of time.

You know what i"m saying..age and loyalty should get you something. Eddie was able to recognize that Roland deserved his respect.

whoooo can i say thank you for the junkmail tip. My code was in there....

i have another question thoug..

How does it work..where do you fill in your unique code and ist it so that you are quarantied tickets to that particular show or do you fill in sort of a first second or third preference?

hope anybody can claer things gause i find u2com a little hard to understand sometimes and i have never seen a site that is so hard to contact (do they reply to email at all??)

zooholland said:
whoooo can i say thank you for the junkmail tip. My code was in there....

i have another question thoug..

How does it work..where do you fill in your unique code and ist it so that you are quarantied tickets to that particular show or do you fill in sort of a first second or third preference?

hope anybody can claer things gause i find u2com a little hard to understand sometimes and i have never seen a site that is so hard to contact (do they reply to email at all??)

I think how it works is, you go to the link to the pre-sale site handled by ticketmaster. After you log in to u2.com, you can follow the link from there I believe. Once at the ticketmaster site, I think you will have to enter your special code in order to purchase tickets. Then you would select tickets for the show you want and what seats you want like you would normally dealing with ticketmaster.

At least that's how I THINK it's going to work.

thank for the very very quick answer....that clears a lot...are they gonna sell all show on tuesday or just the american tour shows (sorry if i im rambling but im getting nervous here lol)

I dont know about GA tickets, but i remeber reading or hearing that they will hold up to 10% of the tix to a given venue. [/B][/QUOTE]

the 10% thing applied to which tickets would NOT have OUTRAGEOUR ticketbastard fees for buying tickets online not 10% of the total tickets onsale

i think we have to go through u2.com and then to ticketmaster. Ive read the instruction thing on u2.com but im still not clear if all shows will be available on tuesday (i have taken the day of to be on the safe side lol). If i understand correct it might be later on....

Another question (again sorry for the ignorance): Do you have to have an account with ticketmaster prior to the selling?

For this speculation about whether former Propaganda members will have priority ticketing over U2.com members, I have this to ask. Since all former Propaganda members are now also U2.com members (at least concerning ticket sales), this seems to be the important question:

How many members has U2.com managed to sign up? Presumably, the vast majority of people who paid $20-40 to sign up for U2.com did so with the hope of priority ticketing. If the number of available pre-sale tickets (read floor/general admission) well exceeds the number of U2.com members, then no problem. I suppose it depends on the market you're in. I'm in Philadelphia, so I suppose it's important how many U2.com members are in this area.

this will be interesting on Tues since I have done some recent TM presales as a fanclub member for several artists, and for hours they messed up the presale password, it was awful, especially since you have a life, a job, things you have to do than sit on a computer for hours at TM's site. With all these "unique" passwords, this has the potential to be a real "project" but we'll see on Tues a.m. when presumeably thousands descend at once. It's always fun!

zooholland said:
Another question (again sorry for the ignorance): Do you have to have an account with ticketmaster prior to the selling?

It would probably help, that way you don't have to worry about filling everything when the time comes.

I updated all my information today, (since I've moved and the CC they had on file had expired) I might be too nervous later.

Having done presales recently, have the page ready before 10 am, expect to keep refreshing it, maybe even for an hour or more, but don't give up, because even when you sit there for an hr good seats still come up, and have a TM account, and have everything all ready, because with the biggest rock group in the world it will be presumeably like no other presale most of us have done lately.

I am wondering just how many they are allotting at each venue, because with U2's huge popularity it better be a lot.

if you want to buy tickets in europe is that still the ticketmaster.com adress?

Probably not, it's probably TM's site for that country, each country seems to have it's own TM site, or other ticketing co. On Mon. when they put up the dates and venues, hopefully the links might already work from the email, not to buy them yet, but to show where the pages are located.

Last edited:
Planning on touring with U2?

Hey people, just in case you start to despair about only getting to buy 2 or 4 tickets, I double-checked the ets tour company that U2 usually uses, and once again they'll be supplying people with help getting to venues around the world. They were a Godsend to me 2 tours ago, and my seats were good. Here's the link: http://www.etsys.com/
You can use it as a back-up plan. Hello to everyone from Toronto!

Daniel Martin said:

Don't you think that 20 years of loyalty should get you a little more than 1 or 2 months of loyalty????????????????
don't get me wrong...I'm happy for what I got but......
I've been a fan for almost 24 years now. In the eighties I waited for hours on line to get crappy seats. Once I camped out for two days in sub-freezing weather for semi-crappy seats. Over the years I've purchased every U2 CD, VHS video, DVD and many of the single releases not to mention calendars, T-shirts, buttons and various other U2 items (cough-bootlegs-cough) . I try not to think about how much $ I have spent on U2 over the years, however I'm pretty sure I paid for a good chunk of Bono's new Maserati.

I think this qualifies me as a loyal enough fan to answer your question and my answer is no, I don't think I deserve seating preference over someone who heard Vertigo, liked it, started listening to more U2, liked it and decided to join U2.com for good concert seats. I do think I deserve priority over the scalpers who joined U2.com just to get good tickets to sell at outrageous prices but I don't know that there's any way for them to distinguish between new fans and scalpers.

Plus, it has been very clear over the last 5-10 years that U2 has made a decision to go after new, younger fans. They are simply not going to take the risk of pissing off new fans by not giving them an equal shot at priority tickets.

Zootomic said:
I think this qualifies me as a loyal enough fan to answer your question and my answer is no, I don't think I deserve seating preference over someone who heard Vertigo, liked it, started listening to more U2, liked it and decided to join U2.com for good concert seats. I do think I deserve priority over the scalpers who joined U2.com just to get good tickets to sell at outrageous prices but I don't know that there's any way for them to distinguish between new fans and scalpers.

Still, I like the system Pearl Jam use, where those longest member of their fanclub (Tenclub) get the highest priority for tickets (i.e. best seats). Yes, it gives newer members a disadvantage but at the same time it does value the older members.
That U2 doesn't use this system is a pity I think, but nothing more than that.

:shrug:

Marty

^^^ you're right, and I agree, and I've been there as well as through the years, but it's the way it is for all artists and concerts, and we're lucky to get these 2 tkts still. The multiple shows most of us have always gone to, we'll buy it on Ebay, from brokers, whatever, but we'll still go like we always have.

Another quicki about ticketmaster.....i see no delivery methods that ship internationaly?....since i'm from australia.
Or am i not seeing it right?, i know the australian ticketmaster ships international.

Well i joined the site, as an international user....so they must ship internationly

have we found out officialy the starting time yet?...or is it just 10 am in the city you want to see the band in?

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:

Still, I like the system Pearl Jam use, where those longest member of their fanclub (Tenclub) get the highest priority for tickets (i.e. best seats). Yes, it gives newer members a disadvantage but at the same time it does value the older members.
That U2 doesn't use this system is a pity I think, but nothing more than that.

:shrug:

Marty

I think you made my point better than I did.

"That U2 doesn't use this system is a pity I think, but nothing more than that."

because I am truly happy for the opportunity that I have

Blue Room said:
Right now it looks like just Prop members get to purchase on tuesday as my Prop emails came through but I didnt get one with my normal subscription. Did anyone that is not a Prop U2.com member get a password?

I already have my code too, going on sale Tuesday and I wasn't a Pro member.

username said:
Letting people buy tickets on presale for multiple shows would only allow for people to buy for shows they weren't planning to attend so that friends without a memebrship could essentailly use the code. Makes sense from their perspective.

Well if they did it the right way, the way Pearl Jam does it, this wouldn't be an issue...the fanclub tickets should all be will call and the fanclub member has to be there to pick up the tickets...it's real easy folks...too bad U2 can't figure out the simplest things...

Back
Top Bottom