MERGED->new Vertigo 2005: Live DVD (15 Noveember) + According to MTV, U2 will release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I often prefer the audience DVD's to professional ones. The pro ones sometimes make me feel a bit sick, with all the constant camera angel changes to be honest. But hten again we had great Pro dvds like ZOO Washington. Why cn't that man (whoever he is) do the new dvds

i think we all should just chill a little here. I mean alot of you are saying "the bootleg dvds are better" and in a sense you are correct, the band is not expecting to be filmed and thus can be caught off guard, BUT, the official DVD is just as important, because it shows us fanatical fans what the general public see's and thus what the public image of U2 is.

So in conclusion i think both Boots and Official DVDs have their purpose, which one is better is really personal opinion

I don't know if anyone has confirmed this (short on time to read all 3 pages)...

I see on the Universal (B2B) site, that there is indeed 2 DVDs listed for release on 11/15:

Vertigo Live
Vertigo Live Deluxe Version

Apparently there will be 2 versions. The site has not published details of either yet, at least not on the American Universal site. Porbably somewhere in the next 2 weeks there will be further details, which I'll be happy to post unless someone gets the information first :hyper:

Considering the 1st leg vs. 2nd/3rd leg debate, we must not forget about Running To Stand Still and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, nor must we forget The Cry, which they've abandoned.

That's enough to make me buy it.

Although a DVD with Fast Cars, Crumbs From Your Table, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The First Time and Discothèque would blow it out of the water.

Bootlegs are fun but unwatchable on my HDTV. The official DVD will look and sound like a real U2 concert experience.

but remember, there's 2 versions listed (regular and deluxe). So who knows what's what. I'll post more as soon as I find out...

The deluxe version? That must be for the privileged people with U2.com memberships, right?

:)

Lila64 said:
I don't know if anyone has confirmed this (short on time to read all 3 pages)...

I see on the Universal (B2B) site, that there is indeed 2 DVDs listed for release on 11/15:

Vertigo Live
Vertigo Live Deluxe Version

Apparently there will be 2 versions. The site has not published details of either yet, at least not on the American Universal site. Porbably somewhere in the next 2 weeks there will be further details, which I'll be happy to post unless someone gets the information first :hyper:

At http://www.u2tours.com (who got their information from http://www.u2tour.de) there's more information about the DVD, including a preliminary tracklist!
Here's the info from http://www.u2tour.de :
Tracklist:

· City Of Blinding Lights
· Vertigo
· Elevation
· The Cry / The Electric Co.
· An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
· Beautiful Day
· New Year's Day
· Miracle Drug
· Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
· Love And Peace Or Else
· Sunday Bloody Sunday
· Bullet The Blue Sky
· Running To Stand Still
· Pride (In The Name Of Love)
· Where The Streets Have No Name
· One
· Zoo Station
· The Fly
· Mysterious Ways
· All Because Of You
· Original Of The Species
· Yahweh
· '40'

Director: Hamish Hamilton
Producer: Ned O'Hanlon
Bild: 16:9
Ton: PCM Stereo, DTS, Dolby 5.1 Surround
Dauer: - (bisher unbekannt)
Sprache: Englisch
Untertitel: Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch, Deutsch und Portugiesisch (keine Untertitel bei den Liedern)
Bonusmaterial der Doppel-DVD:

Documentary 'Beyond The Tour'
Director: Erica Forstadt
Producer: Ned O'Hanlon

Surveillance Edits ("Überwachungsmodus")
· Love And Peace Or Else
· An Cat Dubh
· The Electric Co.
· Running To Stand Still
Concept, direction, photography by Willie Williams. Edited by Mark Reynolds at Swordfish. Produced by Sam Pattinson at onedotzero.

Live At Hanover Quay
· All Because Of You
· Miracle Drug
Aufgenommen live am 16. November 2004 in den Hanover Quay Studios in Dublin (Tourarchiv).
Directed, filmed and edited by Brian McCue.

There are several threads open in regards to the new DVD... I've posted in all. Mods - please be gentle, I'm only trying to do good:
DVD1-sheet.jpg

I made a more detailed post on the other thread, but the grammatical mistakes on that sheet are shameful.

Who the hell writes this stuff?

Back
Top Bottom