MERGED-->My Tickets Have Been Cancelled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Tickets cancelled... WHAT THE F%$k

i just got an email from ticketmaster saying they've cancelled my pre-order because my code had been used twice.
what absolute bollocks - most people couldn't get in with their code having never been used.
how the fuck do they then think i've used it twice
wankers!
pity the ticketmaster rep who answers my call!!!

anyone else had any probs with this??

yes i got them cancelled too! and i only used my code once to get my 4 tickets so i have not got a clue why mine have been cancelled!

Yeah, tell me about it, me and my mate were over mind trying to get tickets for a group of us, im guessing we used one code twice instead of using both our different codes.

Ticketmaster is going to get hell in the morning!

not to rain on your parade, but did you actually use the presale code twice? if you did that was what they warned us about. if you didn't use it, then go get 'em. i am really glad now that i didn't try it.

Allright finally got back to being totally at ease with my tix .......and now im worried again...(not so much about my amsterdam tickets, got 18 of those in hand between me and two friends LOL but my brussels tickets are throuhg the presale)

They are taken off the credit card and I am not notified about cancelation nor did i do anything against the rules (stupid me even only took 2 tix instead of 4 but ive been beating myself up for that for a few days now so thats gotta stop)

:huh:

Can you guys who got cancelled keep us posted on what the Ticket@##$%%^^& people say

Snap.

Just got the same e-mail and been on the phone and told to complain in writing - like that'll make any difference.

I know for a fact that i never used the same code twice also - i had read about all of the problems of refreshing etc so didn't even try that and made sure i used 2 seperate codes.

An absolute joke!:mad:

It seems like absolutely everyone who is getting their tickets cancelled went through ticketmaster.uk.

Has anyone from anywhere other than the UK gotten their tickets cancelled?

tickets

well I used my code just the once (successfully), the first time the website just crashed on me. Ticketbastard have taken the money and I've had no other contact with them so am assuming I'm ok.

my brother has not heard anything either (and he only bought 2 tickets through ticketmaster uk)

This is like a nightmare:

First, you worried that you'd get the stupid email with presale code, then you worried that the stupid presale code would work on the first try, they you worried that if the system crashed before you were able to get tickets you'd be able to input the stupid presale code again, they you worried that by the time you got the stupid presale code to work you'd be able to get a decent tickets, then you worried that the sale would go through, and now after going through everything, we have to worry that there's going to be some TM screwup and the tickets will get cancelled? :crazy:

This is insane, we're all going to be mental wrecks by the day of the show, worrying that somehow when you get to the entrance you're going to be turned away.

all i have to say is i am so happy i followed your advice ramblin rose and others. let's wait and see. by the way, i still havent gotten my email from ticketmaster saying they printed my tickets and they are in the mail for my philly show. i am starting to get a little nervous about that. my guess about this whole ticketmaster fiasco is that if you used the same credit card, even with two different codes, they tracked that down because they ASSumed that you were the same person with the other code. thereby negating the whole 4 tix per person, i know that doesn't make sense because they implicitly said that it was 4 tix per code, not per person. best of luck getting that settled. one question though... did they cancel all of your tix to other shows too????

Well, you can log to your Ticketmaster account and check your status, (I still do it about 3 times a day), and this is after I've already received all of my tickets.:huh:

thanks, i just did, the tix are in the mail!!! i wish i hadn't done ticketfast for the msg show now... so much more fun when you can hand that guy those tickets.

:scream:

this is horrible!!

Hope you guys get this situation resolved...

I think I am going to be sick just thinking that could happen (which very well could since I did indeed use one code twice... once for Chicago and once for Dublin...). If that were to happen, I would have suck it up since I was Miss Big Shot and tried to buck the system.

Worst case scenario, I would still be safe since I wont be using those Chicago tickets anyway... I was able to upgrade and the Dublin tickets are also the second pair my friend bought that we are going to trade for night 2... So all in all it would not be the end of the world and would only lose Dublin 2.

Still... :huh:

I think this is only for our friends in the UK...I think the US TM is too screwed up to even try and figure out multiple orders...

Its just crazy that they are cancelling tickets for us full stop. We got our tickets using 2 different cards, to 2 different addresses and have 2 different memberships. I dont get it

its a nightmare! i have only ever used my code once yet they have cancelled my tickets because they say my code was used twice!!! never! i can assure everyone i only used my code once. This is trully gutting! why are ticketmaster and u2.com doing this to there loyal fans? please sort it out u2.com!

ramblin rose said:
Well, you can log to your Ticketmaster account and check your status, (I still do it about 3 times a day), and this is after I've already received all of my tickets.:huh:

Ah I see I'm not the only one, hell I still check the status of the order I cancelled. :huh:

:yell: for all you guys getting cancelled. :down:

anyone know the best place to send an email to to try and get my tickets re issued to me?

ticketmaster account

how do you do check the TM account? I've tried checking on my order butcan't see how to do it..

Have you tried to call and speak to someone at Ticketmaster UK? The only other thing I can think of is to go straight to Principle Management in Dublin, I can't see u2.com doing anything, although it couldn't hurt to use that "contact" thing at the bottom of U2.com , I think there's a option for presale code problems, it might not be a bad idea to spill your guts there about what has happened, giving them absolutely every piece of information you can, including your telephone # etc.

But I would definately try to sort this out via telephone if possible.

ticketmaster & U2 should re-issue my tickets and give me an apology now!

I can't believe after all the hassle of the pre-sale that i now recieve an email from ticketmaster that my 4 tickets i bought for twickenham have been cancelled because my pre code was used twice!! BOLLOXS!!!! i followed the instruction given by u2.com and ticketmaster and bought 4 tickets for twickenham. I then receieve an email to say tickets have been confirmed then this!!!!!

I have been a loyal u2 follower since 1987, i have bought every album, single, dvd and been to see every tour that the band have played since 1987 and i get treated like this!!!!!!

Come on ticketmaster, come on U2 you are upsetting your most loyal fans here and treating them like dirt! you are the ones who f***ed up big time and people like me are paying for it!

This is not right! please sort and make sure you re-issue tickets back to people like me who have followed the system!!!!!

atsoccercamps@hotmail.com

When I tried to get tickets, I received an error message stating my code had been used.

I contacted various places and eventually got TicketMaster from Ireland to call and e-mail me saying my tickets are a "sure thing". So I suggest that instead of complaining here about U2, you start contacting U2.com and TicketMaster to straighten out your mess.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom