MERGED-->My Tickets Have Been Cancelled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so my tickets have apparently been reinstated.
i've asked them to mail me a confirmation which they'll put in the post ( i want a hard copy).
if i dont have it on monday i'll call again but hopefully this has now been sorted!

**BIG SIGH""

digsy,

did you wait for them to call you back? I've had the same problem and the guy at ticketmaster said he couldn't do anything and that his supervisor would have to look into it. Hopefully they sort it out and they said that they would call back today but I'm not holding my breath!

Nearly sorted my tickets out also.

The guy's finishing but assured that the tickets will be held until i give another billing address and details on Monday.

Like you, i'll be asking for confirmation in writing to make sure also.

But it looks like it's sorted anyway!:wink:

Hopefully everyone else manages to get theirs sorted out also.

osmanmaqsood said:
digsy,

did you wait for them to call you back? I've had the same problem and the guy at ticketmaster said he couldn't do anything and that his supervisor would have to look into it. Hopefully they sort it out and they said that they would call back today but I'm not holding my breath!

well one of them called me back the first time to check my codes. she said she would run them through and ring me back which she didnt. i then called them twice and eventually got a confirmation from the guy on the phone.
so hopefully thats that...???

Dave Scarborough, the executive vice president for technology at Ticketmaster, said the company's software failed to efficiently handle the requests because it is "not quite as sophisticated" as it needs to be. The software for single ticket sales, for example, puts buyers in a queue and tells them they have a certain amount of time until they get through, but Ticketmaster had no way to quickly process orders for multi-game plans.

This is TM's response to the 1st day of sales for the Washington National baseball team after fans had problems logging in to buy tixs this AM.

It is clearly evident that U2, Inc. has aligned themselves with the wrong companies (ClearChannel also) to do busines with.

& that has clearly hurt the loyal fans....

caylan said:
Dave Scarborough, the executive vice president for technology at Ticketmaster, said the company's software failed to efficiently handle the requests because it is "not quite as sophisticated" as it needs to be. The software for single ticket sales, for example, puts buyers in a queue and tells them they have a certain amount of time until they get through, but Ticketmaster had no way to quickly process orders for multi-game plans.

This is TM's response to the 1st day of sales for the Washington National baseball team after fans had problems logging in to buy tixs this AM.

It is clearly evident that U2, Inc. has aligned themselves with the wrong companies (ClearChannel also) to do busines with.

& that has clearly hurt the loyal fans....

Well, it is not like there are 10 different companies to choose from... Hell I doubt there are even 3 viable ones... And as much of a joke as it sound like, TM is probably the best equiped to handle sales in this scale... :lmao:

We all hate ticketmaster... god knows I turn a bright shade of red just thinking about them (and this was prior to current events even though I am one of the lucky ones)...

Last edited:
still waiting for mine to be! they told me i should wait for an email next week! do u think i should pester them more then?

I rang them up twice in one day. I called up about 6ish and they called me back in an hour. Try talking to a girl called Rachel, she really helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom