MERGED-->My Tickets Have Been Cancelled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its not just me! there are lots of people who have just received the same email and are fuming! we have contacted ticketmaster and u2.com without any sucsess

and doctor i booked my tickets and had confirmation through then a few hours ago i receieved an email to say my tickets have been cancelled

i definitely used my code once.
i had no problems with putting hte code in and none with the transaction (one of the very lucky few)
i didnt even press refresh or anything like that, it went through first time perfectly...
but now this

the only thing i can guess is that they've cancelled my tickets because apparently i already have a purchase for tickets on teh presale which means that in some record somewehre i bought tickets - it may not be the ones i have a confirmation code for but for them to cancel my order on the basis that i made 2 orders with one code means there must be a sale on there somewhere
thres no way tehy could cancel teh order if tehre was no record of having bought tickets on the code as it is if you get what i mean.
no hang on... this is ticketmaster, it seems they can do what they want...

I used my code, probabley twice, first time i got the error, second time I got in and did manage to get tickets.

But it should be ok since i brought for the USA.....:crazy:

ramblin rose said:

This is insane, we're all going to be mental wrecks by the day of the show, worrying that somehow when you get to the entrance you're going to be turned away.

This is my biggest fear right now. :|
I got ticketfast and Im already having a breakdown thinking about any problems that could arise.:huh:

ramblin rose said:

This is insane, we're all going to be mental wrecks by the day of the show, worrying that somehow when you get to the entrance you're going to be turned away.

What if they gave a show and no one could get in? :crazy:

U2SJ said:

This is my biggest fear right now. :|
I got ticketfast and Im already having a breakdown thinking about any problems that could arise.:huh:

I'll be your bodyguard and beat up anyone that tries anything.

Call ticketmaster and tell them to cancel your ticketfast tickets and send you paper tickets instead. That's what I did so I could sell my extra tickets easier.

Depends on who you get and it might take a couple tries but someone will do it eventually.

indra said:

What if they gave a show and no one could get in? :crazy:

Ha, that would be so funny....

Bono: Where is everyone?

Edge: Everyone's outside, ticketmaster cancelled everybody's tickets.

Larry: I'm really going to have to work on this ticket thing.

Adam: So what do we do now?

"Pub, anyone?"

Argh, i'm checking my mail every 30 seconds now out of fear I'm going to get one of these mails, I appear to be in a similar position to those of you who have had tickets cancelled. The bit that scares me is that they don't have to inform you either.

Is it true that, as it seems, in the US you have the ability to track your order through the web? Anyone else feeling TicketMaster should be doing some standardisation?

Last edited:
I spoke to tm here in the usa.... they said that once the orders have shipped an paid... they can't be voided. they also said that they will contact you if anything arises in your order. i had them confirm all my orders and they said everything is good. I have recieved 3 orders and nothings been refunded. Also called my cc company to see if everythings gone through and no refunds, everything is good there!

Last edited:
The funny thing about all of this was I came home to my "Your tickets have been mailed" email from Ticketmaster. The thing about it was I came home to two of them when I only ordered one. Turns out one of the ones that supposedly didn't go through (and never showed up on my order history) actually DID go through. My father was pretty happy when I called him with an early Father's Day gift.

that's pretty cool, but I think we need to know if any US tickets were cancelled? that sucks if your tix were cancelled because you had to refresh every once in awhile... that is tm's fault. give 'em hell digsy.

just spoke to someone at ticketmaster this morning - poor guy! imagine having to put up with a very irrate U2 customer at 9am. he was so nervous he was stuttering :lol:
anyways, he's passed it on for investigation but says at first glance he cant see anything wrong and someone should get back to me and i should have my tickets reinstated.

"should" have them reinstated? No no, WILL have them reinstated.
"should" is NOT an option, i made that very clear

Wow, i feel so invigorated!!! :D

i'm gonna give them till tomorrow afternoon - he did say he didnt know how long it would take for someone to get back to me and i made it very clear i wasnt going to wait. they'll be gettng a call tomorrow definitely

TM just called me - it seems what happened was when my sister and i both bought tickets we got our codes backwards - hers matched my profile and mine matched hers. so when ticket master saw a purchase for her at her address using one code and then saw my purchase using another code they cross-referenced the 2 of them and got my purchase with my name matching her pre-sale code profile and counted it as a duplicate. i just gave them the 2 separate codes now for both purchases and hopefully they should clear it up... she's gonna call back now and let me know - cross fingers for me please!!!!!

ps: while i'm not certain thats exactly waht happened it seems the only explanation and if that is so then that's complete bollocks!!!

My tickets just got cancelled!!! Ticketmaster are going to get an earful. This seriously takes the piss, after the screws with access codes and having to wait days to get tickets, this is the final straw.:mad:

Just got off the phone with Ticketmaster Ireland to check on my order. They said it was all secure but will take from 8-10 weeks for the tickets to be mailed because they must do a "credit card verification on each order".

My girlfriend and I live together. We both have memberships at U2.com. I used my code for Boston, she used hers for Croke Park. Problem is, we have the same mailing address as we live together and she does not have a credit card so I had to use mine forthe Boston tickets and the Dublin tickets.

Anyone in a similar situation who had their tickets cancelled?

digsy said:
TM just called me - it seems what happened was when my sister and i both bought tickets we got our codes backwards - hers matched my profile and mine matched hers. so when ticket master saw a purchase for her at her address using one code and then saw my purchase using another code they cross-referenced the 2 of them and got my purchase with my name matching her pre-sale code profile and counted it as a duplicate. i just gave them the 2 separate codes now for both purchases and hopefully they should clear it up... she's gonna call back now and let me know - cross fingers for me please!!!!!

ps: while i'm not certain thats exactly waht happened it seems the only explanation and if that is so then that's complete bollocks!!!

That sounds exactly like the sort of thing that's happened with my tickets.

I'm gonna get someone else to phone up in an hour or so, she's much better at dealing with this etc so she should sort it out for me.:wink:

Hopefully anyway:mad:

TICKETWANKERS!

hey, id be quite happy to phone for you too... im feeling the need to take out some pent up frustration on some ticketbastard :evil:
i love a good argument

digsy, i could probably use your help...

a friend sold me her code which i used in addition to the code i got.

:huh:

now i'm worried

I still reckon buying tickets in different countries should be ok... Unless Tickemaster are collaborating with Ticketnet (france) and all the other countries' suppliers.. Still you never know maybe U2.com is working with all of them and cross referencing...

If you're tickets get cancelled do those tickets go on sale right away or do they wait before they put them on sale?

I don't mean to add to the paranoia, but for other shows I've had my tickets cancelled for supposed errors in the billing address (even though I've had no problems with the same card for other orders). Even for this tour I checked the order for my tickets for Anaheim, and even though my card was charged, the status remained "Your tickets are in the process of being printed" instead of "Sent". So I called them over the phone and discovered they were scheduled to be canceled that same day for the same suspicious reason. They verified my info over the phone and sent the tickets.
Give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom