MERGED ---> Minneapolis crew... what was the brown sign the girl was holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Minneapolis crew... what was the brown sign the girl was holding?

Did anyone see what the girl outside the elipse was holding up everytime Bono walked by? I think it was a song request, but I didn't see it, she didn't turn around.

I saw a girl in the GA line who had a sign that mentioned something about Winnipeg, and I seem to remember it being on brown cardboard. Maybe that was it.

I've already seen the bootleg video of the show, and that girl's brown sign said, "I gave up crack cocaine to dance with Bono".

I guess it didn't work.

Another Day said:
I've already seen the bootleg video of the show, and that girl's brown sign said, "I gave up crack cocaine to dance with Bono".

I guess it didn't work.

Between this comment and this one, which is my "favorite"

Another Day said:
That chick needs to lose another 75 pounds before Adam would even look at her.

You have earned a spot in the "Miroslava is watching you" list... I am not sure if you're being funny or what, but turning it down a notch or two might help...

The show was great, but I would never go with nosebleeds again for U2. Winnipeg popmart was way better from my floor seats.

It feels like you not part of the concert, kind of like you are watching it from the outside. Hard to explain. That was my first concert that I haven't experienced from the floor.

All in all it was a great time. Great trip. Glad i went.

But now I'm addicted and trying to look for Las Vegas GA's. We planned on going there for our honeymoon in the middle of Oct. but I would push it back a couple of weeks to see them again.

Miroslava said:
You have earned a spot in the "Miroslava is watching you" list... I am not sure if you're being funny or what, but turning it down a notch or two might help...

Between all of his comments in the last few days, he's earned a spot in Sicy's "not allowed to post in this forum anymore" list.

Re: Minneapolis crew... what was the brown sign the girl was holding?

theu2fly said:
Did anyone see what the girl outside the elipse was holding up everytime Bono walked by? I think it was a song request, but I didn't see it, she didn't turn around.

I'm pretty sure that's the one that said something like "Bono, we want to get OUT OF CONTROL!!"

We were kind of laughing at the sign because it was clearly made on a piece of scrap cardboard found in the parking ramp on the way to the GA line.

There was a guy a bit in front of her with a white piece of paper smaller than a sheet of notebook paper that said "Bad". As much as I agree with the sentiment, it looked like a pretty hasty request. I couldn't help but think I should write "Please" on the back of a business card and hold it up.

I got a picture of the two of them on my camera too. Everyone was so excited for her. The crowd just went wild when she was getting down. It was her moment in the sun and I for one was thrilled to be a part of it.

You GO girl- whoever you were! You looked FABULOUS!:yes: :up:

chrischob said:
The sign said something like:

'Hello Hello from Winnipeg'

Ended up 6 of us from Winnipeg all together around the sign too.

Chris

They should have tried to bring them to the peg. But its pretty cool anyways.

Back
Top Bottom