MERGED ----> Milan dvd petition + New Milan Petition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorballman83

The Fly
Milan dvd petition

Dear friends,

Hope this is the right section to place this petition
As you know during the italian concerts of the last july U2 has filmed them to make a dvd of the event.
A year later, it doesnt yet come out exept for some songs: VertigoBis (u2communication) - COBL (u2-ipod) - and some part of ISHFWILF & I will follow
So the italians forum U2place & U2star have decided to start a petition to ask to u2 to release the Milan dvd.
Unlikely we know that during the filming there were some problems (seems there were tech problems and 6 songs of the 1st night get lost ), but the concert of 21 is complete
We don't know if this one will work, you can say it's useless....but we don't care!
We'll try!

You can sign this petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/u2milan/petition.html

please forward the link to your friends and other u2 sites.:wink:

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO FIRM THIS PETITION

Last edited:
Er, is there anything to indicate it's NOT coming out?

I figure it'll be out eventually. Obviously not now, so soon after the Chicago DVD (I think it's still charting in some countries, or only recently fallen off charts), and now the ZooTV DVD's coming out, so I figure they don't want two DVDs to compete with each other for consumer dollars. I reckon Milan will come in the first half of 2007, once the Vertigo Tour is totally over.

So I don't think this petition is necessary - and even if it were, wouldn't accomplish much.

yeah, that's right
with the dvd of Sidney the coming out of milan I think it's for spring (or autumn) 2007

but, anyway, we're preparing it in the while
nothing that force U2 to make nothing
we only want to make ourself heard
:wink:

I still believe we will see Milan DVD November or December this year. They need to release something for christmas, like they always do since ATYCLB.

Actual Conversation (overheard in restroom):

Bono: So when's Milan coming out?
Adam: This month perhaps
Bono: Whoa, whoa, whoa... when's ZooTV coming out?
Adam: This month
Bono: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Adam: Yeah
Edge: (unknown)
Cell phone dialing is heard
Bono: Yeah, it's Paul... tell them to stop production on Milan
Bono: You heard me

What's the poin in doing a petition for something is gonna be released anyway ....... Wouldn't be more useful a petition for a BOX , or Edge going back for cowboy hats ?

J_NP said:
What's the poin in doing a petition for something is gonna be released anyway .......
We want to be sure that's gonna be released anyway... :yes: :yes:

I thought they were still planning to release this....................anyway online petitions are a waste of time

:huh: Did the same people create/sign a petition before Chicago and Slane came out? I don't see the point of the petition.

Last edited:
One good and really deserved thing would be a petition of a release of LoveTown ........ shame THAT tour didnt' have any yet

J_NP said:
One good and really deserved thing would be a petition of a release of LoveTown ........ shame THAT tour didnt' have any yet

Yep, I couldn't agree more. I'd prefer to see the New Years concert at The Point released before another Vertigo Tour DVD if that was an option. The band also taped a lot of footage from the Australian leg of that tour and there is a short documentary that was put about various tv stations around the world. Maybe an entire show was taped?

Maybe when the DVD box set is released whenever that may be, we might get a nice surprise. We can hope anyway!

neilm said:
The band also taped a lot of footage from the Australian leg of that tour and there is a short documentary that was put about various tv stations around the world. Maybe an entire show was taped?

All of 18 November 1989, Sydney was taped. I think the shows on 17 and 19 November 1989 were as well.

Now if only they put a combination of Lovetown , I know that at least 1 Dublin LT concert was filmed , sounds like the New Year's eve ....... If Rotterdam 10th was filmed as well .....

Now imagine if they put like a combination of LT perfomances , including Point Depot and Rotterdam last night

:drool:

That would be really SOMETHIN , somethin I would pay even 45 dollars for it or more .....

Imagine :

-Lovetown Desire with Extended Solo :drool:
-One Tree Hill Point Depot Solo :drool:
-Lovetown AATW :drool: :drool:
-God Part II live with big solo :drool:

All this would change the view of many bout Edge forever

Plus

-U2 playing with BB a really great version of LoveTown live :drool:
-Angel of Harlem performed as classic version :drool:
-A full perfomance of UF :drool:

And so many things , from that Unique , most underrated tour of U2

Okay Folks , LoveTown Fans , Axver , feel free to begin the petition :wink:

i bet theyre glad they read the petition, must have made them loads of money. It will probably become the norm now to bring out 2 live dvd's with every tour.
The milan dvd will be out before Christmas, you can count on it. I cant wait!

WalkOn21 said:
Uh, the Slane DVD was actually only released thanks to a petition. It wasn't originally intended for release.

Actually, I think they DID always intend to release it. The most the petition might have achieved is a slightly earlier release date.

J_NP said:
What's the poin in doing a petition for something is gonna be released anyway
unlikely it seems not true

some days ago we've received this e-mail from the pm (principal management) of U2
"There are no plans to release a dvd of the Milan gig....
Only official released material will be, Vertigo and City of blinding lights, and snippits for tv-shows
i think that there is not enough material for a dvd (not the full show is recording: the first night we have problems with recording ..the first 6 songs.."

So after this (and only after this) we've decided to start this petition.
Anyway, what we are asking is to have this dvd. In wich form it doesnt matter.
It could be good to have it sharing on internet like a torrent file or like something to download from U2.com.
It's not necessary to have it like an official dvd...........but seeing the great gigs of Vertigobis and COBL I think it's a must to have

Hope you're of the same opinion

Axver said:

Actually, I think they DID always intend to release it. The most the petition might have achieved is a slightly earlier release date.
And so is the Milan DVD, it'll be released anyway.

Mirrorballman83 said:

unlikely it seems not true

some days ago we've received this e-mail from the pm (principal management) of U2
"There are no plans to release a dvd of the Milan gig....
Only official released material will be, Vertigo and City of blinding lights, and snippits for tv-shows
i think that there is not enough material for a dvd (not the full show is recording: the first night we have problems with recording ..the first 6 songs.."

So after this (and only after this) we've decided to start this petition.
Anyway, what we are asking is to have this dvd. In wich form it doesnt matter.
It could be good to have it sharing on internet like a torrent file or like something to download from U2.com.
It's not necessary to have it like an official dvd...........but seeing the great gigs of Vertigobis and COBL I think it's a must to have

Hope you're of the same opinion
well according to solotoo who produce the DVD's, milan is a "work in progress"

I think there is just no reason to reveal the plans for so many months ahead, I truely believe we will see an announcement in October, at the earliest, mayby late September.

And if the DVD won't be released this year, as I doubt, I will be really dissapointed! :madspit: I'll turn my back then at U2 and buy Depeche Mode's new Milan DVD :mad:

Back
Top Bottom