MERGED ----> Milan dvd petition + New Milan Petition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mirrorballman83 said:

unlikely it seems not true

some days ago we've received this e-mail from the pm (principal management) of U2
"There are no plans to release a dvd of the Milan gig....
Only official released material will be, Vertigo and City of blinding lights, and snippits for tv-shows
i think that there is not enough material for a dvd (not the full show is recording: the first night we have problems with recording ..the first 6 songs.."

Again this disc ..... check a bit on EYKIW mate ...... anyway

-Hamish Hamilton , while in Brazil , february checkin how the broadcast of Sao Paulo's concert was being made , confirmed Milan will be around Xmas

-The show being released is the 21th July show , I thought you guys knew that , just check the videos with the bootleg

-Solo too said it's in post-production the dvd ......

Fine

Now let's go back in planning a LoveTown Petition :rockon:

Last edited:
J_NP said:

-The show being released is the 21th July show , I thought you guys knew that , just check the videos with the bootleg

Most probably it still will be a compilation of two nights, despite technical problems on the first one. People who attended both gigs say that Miss Sarajevo from U2.Communication CD is definitely from the first night.

WalkOn21 said:
Uh, the Slane DVD was actually only released thanks to a petition. It wasn't originally intended for release.

Yes! Thank you!

Could someone please here prove to me that there will be a release of this Milan DVD? Did I miss something in the news somewhere that this was mentioned? I found an older petition that only had about 800 sigs on it, but it was pretty much dead. This newer one has a lot more and is adding more sigs daily.

I remember when the Slane petition was out. There were pics of the people that started that petition that hand delivered a copy to the folks over at Universal in Europe.

And too, U2 has never delivered 2 DVDs in a matter of just a few months. So U2 will release Zoo TV in September and Milan in November? I wouldn't put my money on it. Not this year. Maybe Milan will come out next year. Who knows :shrug:

I dont think a petition will make u2 release a dvd..if they want to release it they will, but if they dont then you arent going to change that. They will have their own reasons for not releasing it if they dont - and just because the people from Milan want that particular gig put on dvd that doesnt mean its necessarily the best possible choice they could make. I personally think it would make more sense for them to release one of the south american shows as they dont go there very often and they were all amazing shows.

ntalwar said:
:huh: Did the same people create/sign a petition before Chicago and Slane came out? I don't see the point of the petition.

Yes, actually there WAS a petition asking for the Slane DVD to be released...

partygirlvox said:
I dont think a petition will make u2 release a dvd..if they want to release it they will, but if they dont then you arent going to change that. They will have their own reasons for not releasing it if they dont - and just because the people from Milan want that particular gig put on dvd that doesnt mean its necessarily the best possible choice they could make. I personally think it would make more sense for them to release one of the south american shows as they dont go there very often and they were all amazing shows.

It is not just "because we want it". Everything was prepared for a big production, the press was alerted, both nights were filmed and Bono said something like "tonight they are making a DVD of... tonight" (well, maybe not the most clever speech in his life ;-) ).

So, just cool down and wait... if people want to go for a petition, I do not see how harmful it could be to anyone. I know you would probably like a UK night to be released ;-) but you will have to wait for the next tour, at least...

Ciao
Fabrizio

WalkOn21 said:
Uh, the Slane DVD was actually only released thanks to a petition. It wasn't originally intended for release.

Not true, they planned to release it eventually anyway. It was a question of when. The petition had no effect on it being released.

Well I signed it. I say the more U2 concerts I can watch, the better!!! Fuck it, release Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires and even Salt Lake City if you want! I'd buy them all!

Back
Top Bottom