MERGED--> Merchandise Question + U2 hoodie + crap t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
Vertigo tour merch question (hoodie)

question about the new Vertigo tour hoodie....

1) my hood is really pointed when on my head. like a kkk hood rather than the hood from the Sometimes video. is mine a defect or are others like that?

2) washed it yet? did it shrink signifacantly?

Merchandise Question

Can anybody who has attended Vertigo Tour shows so far give an exact rundown of what merchandise is available to buy. Are the individual posters available at every show and are there any badges/pins for sale?

Is this the same hoodie that has the wings on the back of it? The one Bono wears in the video? Is that one of the merchandise items?

i washed mine on hot and its a small.....it didnt shrink that much but i have a kkk hood as well...not so hot....and its really really really big which sucks...they should have made girly sizes for the hoodies....... can i have a refund????hahah

haha thats such a good idea........not so much but i'll just live with it....i guess.....omg i'll sell it on ebay!!!!!!!!

crap t-shirts

I seem to recall an interview with Larry Mullen Jr. wherein he discussed U2’s desire to have everything associated with the band be of top quality. He even went so far as to state the they wanted the t-shirts to be the best available… What happened?

I bought a $35 dollar piece of crap at the show on 5/7. It is the thinnest material I have ever had a t-shirt made of and I will be surprised if it lasts more than a dozen or so washings. Plus, the sizes run small. I bought an extra large and when I got home I realized that it fits more like a large would fit me… I guess I should have bought a XXL – which would have added to the price tag!

All in all, the concert was okay (not the best U2 performance I have seen) but the merchandise is crap…

Re: crap t-shirts

xrayjohn said:
I seem to recall an interview with Larry Mullen Jr. wherein he discussed U2’s desire to have everything associated with the band be of top quality. He even went so far as to state the they wanted the t-shirts to be the best available… What happened?

I bought a $35 dollar piece of crap at the show on 5/7. It is the thinnest material I have ever had a t-shirt made of and I will be surprised if it lasts more than a dozen or so washings. Plus, the sizes run small. I bought an extra large and when I got home I realized that it fits more like a large would fit me… I guess I should have bought a XXL – which would have added to the price tag!

All in all, the concert was okay (not the best U2 performance I have seen) but the merchandise is crap…

I thought everything was BORING - shirts, pins...(not the concert)
my sister and I stenciled U2 in silver glitter and stuck rhinestones on the U2 on black tank tops and got a lot of compliments. Total cost per shirt = $11.00.

crap t-shirts

yeah. i like my shirt. but it definitely runs small. it convinced me to go on a diet.

I bought 3 of the shirts, 2 are thin (but I like them that way because I use them to work out in), and one is really thick (the one with the 3 symbols on the front), so it just depends on the shirt.

The one thing I did notice, that I don't think anyone has commented on is that all the tags say "Made in the USA in a sweatshop free environment", so that is maybe why they cost a bit more? I give props to U2 for trying. And hey, they gotta justify that $35 somehow, right?:laugh:

Last edited:
Tour Merchandise

Just wondering about Tour merchandise. I'm going to my first U2 show this Sunday and I want to get me some souveniers (sp). However, I'm also a poor college student. What's the poster like? Is it a general Vertigo Tour Poster? Or are they date specific? How much does it cost? What about a program? Any help is appreciated.

they are date specific - normally with the dates for the entire run of the show in an individual city - My Chicago on states all for shows and are 10 dollars - programs are a little steeper but well worth the money at 16 dollars as they contain band members thoughts about the album. Hate to mention it but the shirts are also pretty cool too:wink:

if I had to narrow it down for you spend 26 dolaars for the poster and the program

Nice. Thanks for the info. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm glad the posters are date specific. It'll be nice to frame and hang in my planned sports/music room.

Back
Top Bottom