MERGED--> Merchandise + European Merchandise + Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimhb

Babyface
Merchandise

Does anyone have any photos of the European merchandise? Is it much different from the stuff they sold in the US??

I was just thinking the same thing....

Let's go Europe...share with us some photos!!!

European Merchandise

What merchandise has been available in Europe so far? Is it roughly the same as North America and have badges been available to buy?

I think the stuf is the same, badges, yes, €2, a piece;
Prices here are even more crazy.
A baby doll cost $35 in the States right? Well here it is €35, so that's even more expensive:huh: (given the euro is still a bit stronger than the $)

the merch at manchester was ridiculous the majority of the t-shirts where £20 which works out about $35 anyway but £8 for a sodding key chain they can F%@K right off the hoodie was just plain black with the black and red circle and that was £50 ($90) programmes where £15......... don't want to turn this into a rant though cos i bought 2 t-shirts for myself and was pi$$ed that they didn't have the vintage t-shirts that you got :(

My family bought one official t-shirt (£20) and outside the ground in the carpark at manchester after the event we bought three unofficial (better design) t-shirts for £15.
Amazingly, the sales were cash only - so if you wanted a hoodie, t-shirt, programme and poster, you needed to be carrying about a hundred quid cash. Mad!

Penfold, the only stalls where I saw the vintage shirts were the ones on the floor inside the arena., but £70 a throw....you can pick up the originals for less!!
The card machines kept breaking down, they even ran out of paper on a couple of stalls, so Rev's right. Got myself a three Symbol shirt (my girlfriend askin why as I already have two?!? - from other tours just the different symbols - and a hoodie (black, 05 on reverse).

*greg*

Paid £15 for a programme. Got it home read it. Bullshit. U2 going corporate. Compare it to the quality photobook we got on Josh Tree tour.

Lukeskywalker said:
Paid £15 for a programme. Got it home read it. Bullshit. U2 going corporate. Compare it to the quality photobook we got on Josh Tree tour.

I see some guy selling programmes for £8 at about 8pm.

uk merchandise costs?

anyone have any idea or can offer some guidance - i would like to khow how much money to take with me to the concerts.
compared to the US, how much were the t-shirts for example and was the stock the same?

t-shirt prices started at £20 which is a bit of a rip-off IMO!!! After shelling out a right few bob for the tickets, it would be a good gesture if U2 could somehow keep the merchandise prices to a minimum.
I expect the stock and designs would be the same or similar.......obviously the tour dates on the back would differ.

Jimali said:
t-shirt prices started at £20 which is a bit of a rip-off IMO!!! After shelling out a right few bob for the tickets, it would be a good gesture if U2 could somehow keep the merchandise prices to a minimum.
I expect the stock and designs would be the same or similar.......obviously the tour dates on the back would differ.

£20?!?!?!holy crap - thats insan for a tshirt, and that only the starting price!
anyone know how much the programmes were??

Badges were £1, Keyring £8 Hoodie £50 And again T shirts £20, Now considering someone told me T shirts for Queen concert wer £25 i dont think the price was that bad.

the edges plec said:
I thought the price of the t-shirts was'nt too bad but the programmes at £15 each was a bit steep :madspit:

insanity is not a dirty word in the U2 vocabulary

zwervers2 said:

insanity is not a dirty word in the U2 vocabulary

:lol:

its just other concerts i've been to shirts are normally about 315 so isuppose £20 isnt to bad i guess :shrug:
but when i really want a program and som badges as well it all really starts to add up!!!

digsy said:

:lol:

its just other concerts i've been to shirts are normally about 315 so isuppose £20 isnt to bad i guess :shrug:
but when i really want a program and som badges as well it all really starts to add up!!!

315 pound for a t-shirt??????????

That must be one hell of a t-shirt :wink:

i bought a t-shirt for 20.00 i also wanted a baseball cap but didn't want to pay 15.00 for 1. If anone wants to sell theirs, i might be interested.:whistle:

not even gonna bother with merchandise, can only just afford the train fare! besides i got enough U2 shirts! including a vertigo one so im up to date! lol

The Maestro said:
Is the programme not worth bothering with then?

What's the keychain like?

I haven't seen this one but I've long since stopped buying programmes - years ago they used to give you an idea ofwhat the concert was about, nowadays they are just a rip off, often without pictures of the current production. To me websites like this are far more informative, can point you at much better pictures and, crucially, at a much less painful price (i.e. naff all). :shifty:

Im only missing one shirt, i bought all the others i spent nearly £300, i got the cap, poster, hoodie, 2 flashing pins, the necklace, and programme, i already had the keyring & full set of badges from the first night in Sd from a friend

gas panic said:
Im only missing one shirt, i bought all the others i spent nearly £300, i got the cap, poster, hoodie, 2 flashing pins, the necklace, and programme, i already had the keyring & full set of badges from the first night in Sd from a friend

Ah flashing pins? What were they like? I wonder if these are Blinky Light guy's pin design?

Can you please describe? Or better yet post a scanned picture?:wink:

Hopefully I remember this correctly:

Badges - £1
Keyrings - £8
Programmes - £15 (Unofficial programmes were £5, but shit)
T-shirts - £20 / £25 (£70 for "Boy"/ "War" so-called classic t's)Necklace - £25
Hoodies - £50

The caps were awful and I didn't even bother looking at the price of them.

Personally I bought a keyring, both programmes, one HTDAAB "symbols" t-shirt and the hoodie. I had been saving £20 per month since January specifically for that reason. Total cost for me was £98.

Back
Top Bottom