MERGED --> Manchester times + A message from BSB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyBoy

The Fly
Manchester times

Hi, someone posted the times on another thread saying the following:

Tue June 14 City of Manchester Stad

Doors 4:00PM
Bravery- 5:30 PM
Snow Patrol - 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
U2- 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM

Is this right? My tickets said the gates don't open till 5.30. I was planning on getting there at about 6 but I don't want to miss the bravery.

Also, are any fans planning on meeting up in a pub before the 14th show in Manchester and the 18th in Twickenham.

I would love to go somewhere thats blasting out U2 whilst enjoying a few pints!

The times you've got above are correct - they can be found in the Help section on the ticketmaster website. All the UK concerts have a 10.30 finish.

All the UK concerts have a 10.30 finish
10.30pm curfew is farcical.
Its outrageous that the show has to be brought forward due to some antiquated laws.
They wont go on stage until 9.30pm in Spain I bet.

hang on, these times are always quoted.

What usually happens is - the band comes on 15 minutes after they said they would (so make that 8.15-8.30) and finishes 15 mins later.

All concerts I've ever been to have finished around 10.50pm

bono_man2002 said:

Isnt the weather shizenhouzen over in Manchester today?.....

lol
It's ALWAYS shizenhouzen in Manchester!

See all you guys there - I'll be the one that looks like the Edge if anyone wants their picture taken with me I'll blag an autograph!

BLOCK 304 - up in the sky ala Oasis (local humour).

;)

There are people on Zootopia getting updates from Manchester. Sounds like there's a bit of chaos:

OH MY GOD WHAT A NIGHTMARE - basically this is what she told me....
1. It is first come first served.
2. No separate line for pre-salers or fan club members
3. Around first 3500 get into bomb shelter.
4. No security no hell the what they are doing.
5. Latkin tried to number people but that went tits up.
6. Staff put baracades up becuase of the crush of people but then they took them away.
7. They got moved 3 times from the gate
8. She is now pissed off as so is everyone else
9. People goin to twickers need to somehow contact the stadium to talk of a procedure e.g. numbering people.

She said it is a total shambles... does anyone know of a contact number to twickenham stadium. someone needs to ask if we organise a sort of procedure...we need to sort it now otherwise it'll be a nightmare.

Latkin is around 9th in queue - yay for her!!!!

weather does look kind of nasty :(

fba4c8fe.jpg

Hey Kelly, did you listen to the song? Can you make it out?

(I don't want to post the link because I don't want this person to use up their bandwidth).

A message from BSB...

Just got a phonecall from Boystupidboy. He and his wife are in the City of Manchester stadium, and are right up the front by the ellipse....Good man!:rockon:

Another update from Zootopia:

* There are two queues but these are because the one whole queue is split so to restrict people from joining this front queue.

* The people in this front queue are allowed to go into the ellipse the centre of the headphones or around the headphones themselves.

* The second queue when entering are blocked from entering the front section by barriers which are the safety routes for emergencies and staff to be able to move along etc. However this does curve around the headphones a bit so you can still be reasonably close to the band...

* However there was a crush when the crew couldn't control the queues and people who arrived the latest were stupidly allowed in first VERY UNFAIR!

Thanks to the Chichard41 on Zootopia who is providing updates.

I'm starting to worry, according to the guy on Zootopia:

"The Bravery have been on and off because the PA has died twice on them within 2 songs, now they're coming back for a third try"

I hope this doesn't delay U2's start time considering everyone seems to think there's a very strict curfew in the UK.

ramblin rose said:
I'm starting to worry, according to the guy on Zootopia:

"The Bravery have been on and off because the PA has died twice on them within 2 songs, now they're coming back for a third try"

I hope this doesn't delay U2's start time considering everyone seems to think there's a very strict curfew in the UK.

That sucks :(

Back
Top Bottom