MERGED-->Let's do something special for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aledavid

The Fly
Let's do something special for U2

How many wants to thanks U2 for all he good things they give us?

Let's do something in the opening night (SD1 3-28), wherever you would be (terrace, GA,, lower level, lodge, outside).

An idea could be to bring smoke lighters and turn on the flame in some songs, another idea could be that the public sign a song before or after the concert starts, or between two songs or in the encore petition.

Let's give us a unforgettable nigth to u2.

Please repost this in other U2 forums or areas.

If you are with me just get your lighter and put suggestion for a song to sing (maybe 40, walk on...), and please reply if you want to participate.

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=404579&an=0&page=0#404579

This is not U2's first tour..they know how much we love them. The fact that every venue they play is sold out with sceaming adoring fans says a lot.

Not sure they would get the lighter gesture as a message to them. Lighters are rather sterotypical at rock shows.

Regardless, I applaud your emotion.

ive given them hundreds of dollars to see them on this tour

i think thats special

I personally agree with the sentiment, just not the proposed gestures. That's all. I think it's a great idea to do something, but the plausability is rather limited and well...lighters?

OMG!!11!! I HAD A GRATE IDEA!!11! SUMONE SHOOD BRING A BAG OF CRUMS AND THROW IT ON THE STAGE FOR CRUMS FROM YORE TABLE!!111!!1!11!!!

Hey, Aledavid, I'm so with you, you can't believe. There's only a couple of problems. I got no tickets and I'm in Florida. But come to my thread, Believin all the lies that they tell ya, buyin all the tickets that they sell ya, in General Tour Discussion -> forum.interference.com/t118368.html . That's what I'm all about, except the "Thank You" part, because, frankly, I'd just give anybody a good time. That's what I'm about. That includes me and everybody in my possee who is not limited to seats. So, it's a big thank you.

I had mentioned in another forum that we all should buy the ONE campaign bracelets (they are like Lance Armstrong's but white with one written on it) throughout the NA shows. It would be a great thing to do for U2 and to show our support for Bono and his fight against AIDS in Africa.....

The bracelets only cost $1 and come in packs of 10.

Any thoughts???

Moderators??

really needs moderator help here, the brasalete could be great, but they need to be shiping really soon and we got almost only a week

i really like the idea of everyone singing "40" like during encore, or right after they go offstage. we just gotta figure out a way to let thousands of fans know the plan.

nuke126 said:
i really like the idea of everyone singing "40" like during encore, or right after they go offstage. we just gotta figure out a way to let thousands of fans know the plan.

Could be someone with a sign near the entrance?

nuke126 said:

No offense, but most U2 fans know when to sing 40. Happens quite spontaneously.

What will gonna do?

I can carry a ligther and sign 40, if someone can bring ballons or one campaing wristband I can buy two.

GA people bring ballons and someone put a sign near the entrance to tell people sing 40 and turn on the lighter.

¿Any store close to the arena?

This is what we gonna do.

Anyone can put this thread in other forums?

Admins can "Stick" this thread?

Two words. Glow Sticks. Thousands of them.

Actually saw a Madonna show, where an entire section had Orange/Yellow glow sticks (Much brighter than the green ones) and broke them open during Ray of Light. VERY COOL, and the whole section was going off.

glow sticks would be awesome. Especially when they aren't overused, but during maybe just 3 songs max. at a certain point everybody knows to do it. The new ones have many colors, plus some have a sort of glitter glow, you just switch them to, so if everybody knew, they could do certain colors during certain songs, like we do at Josh Groban's shows, and when Josh on Sat. nite sang "...the flame" they indeed all held up lighters, and it was awesome to watch, but in a GA crowd, the lighters have to be high enough to not hit someone else's head, hairspray btw is very flamable, among other things. Walmart has glow sticks, 4 colors with batteries (which is what you want, it has color changes), and there is a place online you can buy them from also.

Here's the battery one with multiple colors, and the sparkly one as well: http://glowproducts.com/batteryoperated/7inchledsparklestick/

Last edited:

Hi!

How about one red rose for each member of the band.......maybe someone up front could give it to them.......say it's from all the fans...........{just a weird thought I guess}..............

carol
wizard2c
:|

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: = 4 roses

what you can do is...

I'm sure a lot of Interference people will go to the shows... a lot to the same shows...

but maybe this could only work for night 1...

all the people you know is going to San Diego could start making some "thank you" signs... a lot.. the most they can do.. 200, 300, 400.. the more the merrier... and just give them away at the concert, at the GA line, leave them on a pile and people will take them themselfs, wherever... give them a way, and on the back you could write this: "lift this sign when they start playing ONE"

Imagine 30 people here go to SD, and make the signs... that could be 9, 10 thousand signs... and that says THANK YOU with all it's letters

that's what I'd do

Back
Top Bottom