MERGED-->L.A. Sports Arena Dress-Rehearsal Show in L.A. March 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They used to have a local number (213 or 323 area codes), but I cannot seem to find it as of now. I will look. Additionally, in the mornings Kevin and Bean are syndicated to 104.1 FM in Fresno... and they usually have special ticket giveaways for them. I will look for contact info for those stations.

there is a slim chance i may be able to go to this

oh man i hope i didnt just jinx it

A friend was caller 12 last night... has not been able to get through since... I am sending him good vibes as the other pass would go to yours truly :drool: :drool:

ETA: Well, sending good vibes to trojanchick too :wink:

I wonder what is up with KROQ. I start calling at 10 minutes to the hour and it is busy. I did get through twice but both times I didn't get connected.

How are you guys even getting through? When do you start calling?, etc.

I haven't listened much today as I had to work but I wonder if they're still saying it is to be held at a "secret" location. KFOG has announced it is at the L.A. Sports Arena so why not KROQ. Anybody know.

Thanks

No luck on this end...

Where does the band stay in LA....anybody know and ever hang out in the lobby? I figure they'll be here soon if not already.

Carol7lynn said:
How are you guys even getting through? When do you start calling?, etc.

I haven't listened much today as I had to work but I wonder if they're still saying it is to be held at a "secret" location. KFOG has announced it is at the L.A. Sports Arena so why not KROQ. Anybody know.

There are a few people who listen to KROQ, and some of them probably like U2. Figure it out. If you even get through, consider yourself lucky, but your chances of winning, are probably equivalent to the chances you could get 2 Floor tickets during the regular onsales over the past 2 months.

They're probably not giving the location, because they don't want hundreds of people to be hanging out at the Sports Arena lot. I'm not saying there won't be a crowd there, but if they actually give the location on the air, it will become even more widely known, and I suppose the Sports Arena would probably prefer less hassle.

Westport said:
Where does the band stay in LA....anybody know and ever hang out in the lobby? I figure they'll be here soon if not already.

They stay at a hotel in West Hollywood I believe. Although Edge supposedly has a place in Malibu, and since they're going to be in the West for an extended period of time, and California for the next few weeks, it's certainly possible they'll stay there. Or at least Edge will.

i've been trying kroq for days and can't get thru....my roomate was caller one today tho....send me good vibes too miroslava!!

also, i'm not sure it's a good idea to post about hotel locations on message boards...just my opinion.

mel

Why can't they just let people who are outside get into the rehearsals for free. I might go today not sure. Springsteen let fans into their rehearsals at Continental Airlines Arena before the Rising Tour.

Last edited:
I can't see why U2 wouldn't open the arena to fans on Saturday. Paid or free.

There is a precedent for it as we can see from the forum that they've done it in the past. But, more importantly, every band needs that packedhouse-adrenaline-rush from frenzied fans that a quite frankly a few thousand VIPs and hand-picked guests/contest winners just couldn't provide.

And, lastly, they've rehearsed in Canada so that means they've got the songs down, the stage built, and the set-list pretty well solidified. What they need now is "Elevation" from the elation of the creation.

Yes U2LA KROQ is up to no good. I either get a busy signal starting ten minutes before the hour or I ring through and no one answers. I also got a message on one ring through that said the number was a bad number or some such nonsense.

It's just really hard to get through. Remember, KROQ is the most popular English language radio station in Souther California, so there are a number of people listening.

I have a friend though, who has won numerous things from them. I'm still trying to figure out how he does it.

It is just a matter of calling at exactly the right moment, when a line opens. Just stupid blind luck. Although, the Hardest Game Ever, this morning was quite amusing.

Update: My staff member, who is helping me to call, was just now caller 18! OUCH!

Last edited:
u2valleygirl said:
what's the best way to sneak into these things?

If you're female, take off your top, and throw yourself in front of Bono's SUV as they're driving him in for sound check.

Then, as you lay there bleeding, tell them you would rather see the rehearsal show, instead of being taken to the hospital in South Central L.A.

It is at the top of the hour. Usually very close to exactly the top of the hour. Exceptions are the morning Kevin and Bean can never keep a schedule and at 9pm cause they do the Furious Five (one of those things where you have to remember the names of the songs they play).

Once they announce, you should wait a little bit to call, cause they need caller 20, but by halfway through the song that plays after they should have a winner.

Like I said it is just pure luck to get through, so Good Luck to all of you guys!!!! We need some real fans there.

Just begin calling every hr at 5 mins before the hr because it rings incessantly, or it's busy. I bet anyone from here that goes down to the Sports Arena at whatever time that show is will get in by sheer will power and determination. Is it 8 pm on Sat. night?

hmm....too bad they're doing the competition that way.

at least they could have a U2 trivia game to get the real fans there, like "What was the name of the high school that all 4 members of U2 once attended?" or something like that.

mikal said:
hmm....too bad they're doing the competition that way.

at least they could have a U2 trivia game to get the real fans there, like "What was the name of the high school that all 4 members of U2 once attended?" or something like that.

They did do something like that once this morning. The morning show guys Kevin and Bean said they were getting a lot of e-mail from fans asking them to have a U2 trivia game rather than the random distribution method that the station has been using. So, as trojanchick mentioned above, they played something they called "The Hardest Game Ever," which I'm guessing they did partially to spite the hardcore fans who were e-mailing them....lol.

The game was that they'd play the names of U2 songs recorded backwards and you had to guess the name, which was pretty much impossible except that one guy guessed right on "Elevation," and said that it was a total guess. One woman missed "Lemon" and that was actually an easy one that she should have gotten.

Anyway, they're back to the random number game.

Back
Top Bottom