MERGED-->L.A. Sports Arena Dress-Rehearsal Show in L.A. March 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I think is going to happen is the majority of tickets will be given away through a variety of contests, maybe even through U2.com (in a recent story, the site promised contests for members soon). If tickets are sold, it will probably be like the recent Coldplay show at the Troubador where tickets were sold the night of at the venue only and there was a one ticket per person limit.

Well I dont think anybody here will be going, although I would love to go myself!

I am sooo going...

I work across the street from that dank arena. So I will go... some how some way. Still don't have tix for Leg 1 so if I could somehow get into this rehearsal... hmmm

Has anyone heard KROQ in LA promoting this?... I just don't listen as much as I used to.. yay I-Pod.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
What I think is going to happen is the majority of tickets will be given away through a variety of contests, maybe even through U2.com (in a recent story, the site promised contests for members soon). If tickets are sold, it will probably be like the recent Coldplay show at the Troubador where tickets were sold the night of at the venue only and there was a one ticket per person limit.

Difference with the CP show was that it was a small venue, so there were not that many tickets to even put on sale. This is obviously a different scenario for U2 at the LA Arena. What I have heard through the grapevine is that its only Radio Station winners, VIP's, crew and family that will be attending the rehearsal show. I doubt tickets will be sold. You would be looking at hysteria if they did like CP and put 15000 tickets on sale the day of. Not saying its impossible that there would be some type of ticket sale, but I think its unlikely.

I think the Irving Plaza from 2000 model may apply. Will be a similiar number attending this rehearsal it appears.

Last edited:
Just checked with the L.A. Sports Arerna where I was told that the concert is scheduled for March 26th (sorry I orginally reported the 25th) and is a private concert.

I'm still listening to KLOS today to see if they too will be sending contest winners like KFOG. to the concert..

Right now they are talking about their induction into the hall of fame. Tune in too.
Carol

from K-Rock in NYC... www.krockradio.com

U2 - St. Paddy's Day
Starting tomorrow after Howard… Tune in as we play nothing but Ireland’s finest: It’s U2 all day long in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. Plus listen every hour for your chance to fly to L.A. for a private Vertigo 2005 Tour rehearsal. Qualify by winning tickets to one of their sold out NYC shows…

hi - haven't heard anything on Star 98.7 yet. although i know that they are giving away tix for opening nite tomorrow at Harry O's in Manhattan Beach and Joshua Tree will be playing!! I am probly going by myself around 3ish, anyone want to meet me there??:wink:

blueyedpoet - cool, please come!! it starts at 3 and i am sure its going to be crazy crowded. i am going to call the bar right now and see if there is a cover and any other info i can find out. here's what it says on Harry O's website

STAR 98.7 ST. PATTY'S DAY MASSACRE! DOORS OPEN AT 2PM!
JASON PULLMAN AND LISA FOXX WILL BE BROADCASTING THE DRIVE HOME SHOW LIVE FROM 3PM TO 7PM FROM INSIDE HARRY O'S! LIVE PERFORMANCE BY U2 TRIBUTE BAND "JOSHUA TREE" FROM 3PM TO 7PM, SPECIAL GUESTS, FROM 3PM TO 7PM GIVEAWAYS TO SEE U2 LIVE IN LOS ANGELES FOR THOSE THAT BRING THE "BIGGEST GREEN THING" TO THE LIVE BROADCAST! FOOD AND DRINK SPECIALS ALL DAY, EVERYTHING GREEN WITH DJ GOODY SPINNING THE LATE NIGHT UNTIL CLOSE!

Miroslava said:
From U2log.com

Boston fans: win trip to see U2 dress rehearsal

* caroline // 16-03-05 // 10:10 AM // full post

If you’re in Boston on St. Patrick’s Day, check out WBMX’s Erin O’Malley who will be broadcasting live from 9am-2pm from Ned Devine’s in Faneuil Hall and register to win ‘One Time You Can See Them On Your Own’, a trip to L.A. to see a pre-tour full dress rehearsal. Well, it’s ‘on your own plus 199 other fans, and the band’s entourage and crew and anybody else who happens to be inside the L.A. Sports Arena…’. But still, pretty exclusive.

You can find Ned Devine’s Irish Pub at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market Building, Boston.

Similar contests at: WHJY (Providence), TIC-FM (Hartford), KFOG-FM (S.F.), KMTT-FM (Seattle).

So to register we just have to go by there and sign up?

Super_Fan said:
This is a problem since a few people will start camping out Saturday in San Diego. So the rehearsal and the GA Line for San Diego will clash together for the brave 10 people I think that will do GA early in San Diego if they decide to skip the rehearsal in LA.

No one is going to be camping out for two days before the opener on 3/28... There is no overnite camping out at the Arena. Security strictly enforced according to the event manager at the SD Arena whom I spoke to over the phone a couple of days ago.

KFOG U2 song

When is the song playing? Hurry up already. Go figure ... I just know while I have to walk to the parking lot to my car they will play it and I won't know....
Is it even today? This week? I only just turned it on about 4:09pm.....

The coolest thing about the Hersey "rehersals" was that the band played "Acrobat"!!! And someone was able to record it...I have this on tape, and it got quite a reception!! Yes, I actually own "Acrobat" performed live...go me:wink: Here's hoping the same thing might happen on the 25th...prob no way to record it though:(

I'm going!!

Holy shit! Apparently this show is for mucky mucks only, industry, press, and contest winners. I'm industry so needless to say I about puked when my boss asked me if I wanted to go.

Free U2 show, hotel and amenities on the company. No complaints here. lol

bonosleftone said:
I'm going!!

Holy shit! Apparently this show is for mucky mucks only, industry, press, and contest winners. I'm industry so needless to say I about puked when my boss asked me if I wanted to go.

Free U2 show, hotel and amenities on the company. No complaints here. lol

oh my god!!!!!

dude, find out if they're gonna let a couple people off the street in!

This thread seems to have gone quiet but I did hear today that there will be a show on Saturday night.:ohmy:

I signed up for the contest that the local radio station is having here in Dallas. They'll be announcing the winners on Tuesday.

I have no expectations of winning, but you can't win it if you're not in it.

Either way I might still drive up to LA from SD on Saturday just to see if I catch a glimpse of them arriving.

Giving away tickets or qualifying people?? :ohmy:

Gah!!

All this week KROQ is hooking you up with passes to see U2's rehearsal show this Saturday night at a secret location. This is your chance to check out the Vertigo 2005 tour before anyone else. Listen KROQ all week and every hour on the hour as we are give you a chance to score your passes! When we tell you to be caller 20 at 800-520-1067 to get into the rehearsal!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom