MERGED-->Keane supporting U2 + I saw Keane in concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Keane supporting in Munich, Nice, Barcelona and Lisbon

u2.com :-

Keane To Get 'Vertigo'

Keane have confirmed they will also be playing dates with U2 on the 'Vertigo Tour' this summer.

The band, who had a massive year in 2004 and have been sweeping awards ceremonies recently, will be main support to U2 at shows in Munich, Nice, Barcelona and Lisbon.

Childhood friends from Battle, East Sussex, Keane make great emotional rock in the vein of Radiohead, Travis and Coldplay. Their album 'Hopes and Fears' won 'Best British Album' at the recent Brit Awards.

Already confirmed to play with U2 at other shows in Europe are The Killers and Snow Patrol.

Kings of Leon play support on the North American leg.

More news as it arrives.

i would of been well happy if that would of said Twickenham as well!!!!

they must be having problems getting a decent band for twickenham i reckon!

I saw Keane in concert

Hey guys! I just saw Keane in concert last week and would LOVE it if they were opening in Chicago. They are a fun band to watch and their cd is great. The only drawback (and this is for the cd as well as a live show) is that a lot of their music sounds similar. The lead singer is very fun and our local reviewer from the newpaper compared him to a younger Bono. Enjoy!!!

Actually, everyone I've asked who've actually seen Kings of Leon in concert have told me they put on a real great show, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing them.

i'm really lucky - i get to see killers (in vienna) and keane (in munich)

Re: I saw Keane in concert

sweetest_thing8 said:
The only drawback (and this is for the cd as well as a live show) is that a lot of their music sounds similar.

:yes: I guess it does a little...I suppose the diversity of a band's live sound is limited when their setup is limited by Drums, Piano and vocals.
They still belt out some very decent tunes though and the album's more than reasonable as well.

The support for this tour is absolutely crap.

Killers, Keane, Snow Patrol - all rubbish.

Kings of Leon are class - typical they're only doing the states.

People on this site seem to only listen to band that come from across the ocean though, which is actually quite rare when you look at the US as a whole they usually arent too accepting of bands that come from Europe.

Kings Of Leon's new CD is a really good one but thats my opinion..I wouldnt have minded seeing any of the support acts for this tour they are much stronger then any tour U2 has done in the past.

Just checked out Keane and they actually seem decent. Why can't they be opening in Boston rather than that Kings Of Leon drivel? Glad to know U2 finally have an opening act on this tour that isn't pathetic, though.

Bono's shades said:
I'd much rather have Kings of Leon than Keane. At least Kings of Leon probably wouldn't put me to sleep. :|

Don't know about you, but I'd rather fall asleep than vomit.

I am so jealous of Europe! I'm a big fan of the new Keane album and would love to seem them live, especially before U2. Of course I would love to see Snow Patrol and the Killers as well, Hmmmm...maybe should move to Europe.

Damn, Keane for some of Europe, lucky lucky lucky. Saw them in Montreal and they were just class, one hell of an upbeat, uptempo show. I wonder if we'll get Kings of Leon in Montreal this fall, hmm.

I'm not a fan of their studio tracks too much but then again I outright disliked The Zutons but they were just fantastic opening for Keane at said show.

keane's alright, though were fairly boring when i saw them last year. their lead singer is a bit of a twat who has clearly spent hours watching u2 footage so he can imitate bono's stage moves (the guy needs more practice . . . and to drop a few pounds, lol)

the killers and snow patrol also aren't bad, though im not a fan of either group. still, i would take ANY of these opening acts over kings of leon

:rolleyes:Aw C'mon now - be fair! They may not be exploring an unchartered field of music but they're a decent band at the very least and the lead singer has got a fantastic voice.
He does freak me out a bit though, with the head of a baby on a man's body! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom