MERGED --> Isn't anyone checking in from Chicago + GA 5/7 Chicago show how did it go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluvslmj

The Fly
Isn't anyone checking in from Chicago GA 5/7?!?

Hey isn't anyone in contact with anyone in the GA line right now @ the United Center? I'm wondering how it's going...are they letting people leave the line at all? How was the transition from the line outside the UC property to the UC-run line?
Any info is appreciated!!! :hug:

So much for lining up at noon.

One of the updates from Zootopia is that Bono has already arrived and come out to meet the fans.

The off site line became the official line. No one moved until they consolidated the line at about 4:30. I am standing right by the ellipse now with my smartphone.

GA 5/7 Chicago show -> how did it go???

I'm heading to the 5/9 show and am hoping people that went to the 5/7 show and had GA can post how it went??

1. What time did you get there and what number in line where you?

2. Did you drive? Where did you park?

3. Where are the nearest bathrooms?

4. Any luck getting in the ellipse?

5. When did the band come? Did you get to meet them?

6. Weather conditions?

7. What do you recommend bringing to do?

MANY THANKS in advance!!!
:):)

I'm heading to the 5/9 show and am hoping people that went to the 5/7 show and had GA can post how it went??

around 11:30 - #248

Yes, parking was very accessible, lot h i think i was in, it was about a block away, costs 20 dollars tho

there were porta-potties, go early - the line gets super long before the show

-nope, have to ask ruffian about that

they came around 3 i'm guessing, they were at the front of the United Center so noone standing in the GA line could see them, but some lucky ones that were hanging around there got some autographs and pictures

6. Weather conditions?
a bit windy, as to be expected

i mainly just talked to my neighbors in line, alot of people had iPods etc.

Did the beeps seem random? I heard a rumor that every fourth ticket was beeped in (in another city). :huh:

Learn2kneel I was 250 so we must have been right near each other...the band showed up for soundcheck at 2:30; some people who had walked over there beforehand were lucky enough to get pictures of Bono and have things signed by him...none of the other band members came out though.

They did split us into two lines at 5:00--presale tickets and general sale tickets. Once we went through the gates though people could and did move into the other line if they looked like they were moving quicker. IMO the general sale line did look a bit faster for some reason.

I was two rows back from the rail of the Ellipse, right center and they were out there a lot so it was awesome. When they were on stage I couldn't see anything though and had to rely on the screens...

I am fired up for the rest of the shows, (I have seats for those), and I am definitely going to try to make it over one of the days to see them when they go in for souncheck.

I got in line at 11:55 and was #304. Line was not a problem at all.

Parked in an "unofficial" lot for $20 quite close to the GA line.

At the front of the GA line there is a separate line for 4 port-o-potties. They didn't let you use them after 5 or so.

Nope, but was three rows back of people dead center in the regular GA.

Band arrived at maybe 3:30ish? I saw Bono get out of his car and he signed a few autographs.

6. Weather conditions?
Warm at the beginning of the day then freezing for like the last 3 hours.

Bring music, magazines, newspapers, chairs, food, it'll be a long wait.

Everything went quite smooth. I expect the lines to not be 300 people deep at 11:45 for these weekday shows, though. Absoluetly no problems at all.

SIDENOTE:
Only places for food or drink within walking distances - there's a Jimmy John's somewhere near the venue, although I couldn't find it. There's a Taco Bell/KFC about two or three blocks away from the venue. The only "convience store" is a small mom/pop store relatively close to the Taco Bell/KFC.

Bottom line: make sure you stock up before you get in line.

I was in the regular GA line. I noticed the fellow that herded us in letting people in the 'fan' line when they showed their membership card....not just fanclub tix. Saw this happen at least 10 times while I was standing by him. Don't know if it's good or bad. We arrived at 1:45 and ended up 5 rows back from the peak of the ellipse in the regular ga area. I thought the show kicked ass!

Re: GA 5/7 Chicago show -> how did it go???

I got there at 10:30 and was number 194. I was four people back from the rail.

Took a cab.

Port-o-Potties near the entrance to the arena. Use at your own risk after noon. And definitely don't inhale!

No. Dammit.

Around 3ish. Early. Only Bono came out to meet fans. Someone behind me in line got pictures and showed them to me.

6. Weather conditions?

COLD. And windy. Not at all what they forecasted. Bring a jacket or a long-sleeved shirt.

A book or magazine that you can put in your car or else throw away. A deck of cards.

MANY THANKS in advance!!!

Enjoy the show!!

learn2kneel said:

i was the person with the homemade unos, dos, tres, catorce shirt that was video taping the whole time

I remember you! Did you get some good footage? I really feel bad for the GA'ers out there today, it is going to pour down rain.

7:30 am, #106

Nope. Cab. Left all my supplies in the back of the cab too. I know, I am smart :wink:

I only used the port-a-potties once. Otherwise, I made the walk to a great coffee shop right on Ogden. Just hang a right from the GA line until you get to Ogden and be sure to buy something each and everytime you go. The owner is VERY nice and chatty!

Of course not. I ended up 2 people back from the rail slightly off to the right of center.

No, I was getting ready to go over to the loading docks when Ruffian and Alli informed us that the band had just came in and we had all missed them :sad:

6. Weather conditions?
Chilli

I left all my crap in the cab, but I kept myself busy talking to people, walking around and keeping an eye out for line cutters :mad: :madspit:

Last edited:
Yeah, I dressed wrong and froze my butt off during the wait. The most brutal time was after they split the lines and we were all standing in the wind from 5:00 to 6:00.

Although once we got inside and it got pretty warm on the floor I was glad I didn't have more layers on. Some poor lady near us got all faint from being all pressed in and she had to leave right before the show...I felt absolutely awful for her and the younger woman who was with her. The UC staff were as helpful as they could be, passed water and a little dish of some kind of food over the first couple rows of people to her. She was sitting on the floor, trying to feel better. But a few minutes before the band came on she had to go out.

My friend and I decided to hang out in the city rather than wait in line all day. Figured we would just hang out at the back. We showed up at about 7:30, no one was in line anymore, We walked in and BAM. The laptop started flashing. I freaked out. A few pics:

http://www.jbstudios.com/u2/index.htm

Re: Re: GA 5/7 Chicago show -> how did it go???

Arrived at 10am. I was #184.

Took the train and then the bus.

Port-o-Potties

No. Two guys before me got in., but I'm happy for them though. :) One of them told off some people who were trying to cut in the line.

Missed them as my sis and I went to get food. :tsk:

6. Weather conditions?

Supposedly 70s, but dropped to 50s. WTF????

A blanket you can lie on and toss after; trail mix, cookies... What a sedentary lifestyle. :D

Have fun!

u2 Chicago Concert

For anyone that going to the concert tomorrow (last show) YOU LUCKY ONES!!!!!

6:20 am #83

Park on the right of GA admission line (east of apt. complex). 20 bucks.

On site, only til 5pm. USE IT BEFORE U GO IN!!

YESSSS!!!!! Thank go to meeting another U2 fan who went on her own like me. She came all the way from Japan!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

8:30s. Saw them come in on the back of UC around 4:15s. Only bono signed autographs. I was just hanging out being burned by the sun. I froze , did not even ask for autograph. I DID NOT EXPECT THIS. Just had a HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE... haha.

6. Weather conditions?
SUNNYYYYYY HOT!!!! awful. All worth it. Hope it does not rain tomorrow.

water or soda is DAMN expensive by those provided onsite. To get food you have to get water from blocks away. I wish i'd brought a disposable cooler with cold water. Although, try not to drink too much. bathroom issue! Magazines, ipod. Chat with others!!

GOOD LUCK to ALL!!!
i'll remember this show for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom