MERGED-->I GOT MY PRESALE TICKETS BRAGGING THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yay!! me too!! i got 2 GA for LA first nite. although i almost had heart failure when my first attempt gave me an error after i already pulled up 2GAs. but i tried again and YIPPEEE i got em. so thrilled right now, who can work?
:happy: :dancing:

congrats you guys! Looks like we'll all be seeing eachother in LA in.. what.. 7 or 8 months? :)

I wanted seats (since the wife is already "bumming" we are doing GA for SD1) for a fall LA show. Logged in, threw back at least 10 pairs of fair lowers (back of staples, etc...) until section 101 came up!

Done.

So the wife gets first night GA, and fall leg seats. Nice!

God Bless Larry!
Thank you St. Jude!
Hallelujah for U2!

After participating in the last sale to no avail, I did not think I had a snowball's chance of getting tickets for U2 unless I shelled out hundreds of dollars.

Because we don't have high speed internet at home, I had planned on using my husband's office computer and high speed connection to secure tix this morning. Upon arrival at his office which is only about 10 minutes away, his crestfallen face told me all I needed to know--they were having computer difficulties. After waiting for a few minutes to see if they could fix the problem in time, I started calling friends with high speed connections. No one was available so I jumped back in the car at 9:40am and tore through several residential neighborhoods at breakneck speed to return home. At the same time, my husband (who, bless his heart, is not even attending this show with me) raced to another branch of his business to try to log on there in case I came up short at home.

Amazingly, I was able to secure 2 ga tickets to the Portland show on my slow home modem at 10:02 am. I still don't believe I have a confirmation from TM indicating 2 ga floor tix for my hometown (I printed three times--must be my OCD kicking in).

The first time I saw U2 was in 1983 at the old Paramount Theater days before their epic Red Rocks concert, and I am so pleased to know that yesterday's Mount St. Helens explosion was not a bad omen after all! Now I get to celebrate the holidays in fine fashion with my maid of honor who's flying in from NYC to start her Christmas vacation early with me and our favorite band!

Congratulations to all ticket holders and good luck to those still awaiting tickets in the general sale. Keep the faith--you will be able to see the greatest band in the world!

Thanks to U2 and everyone who complained loud enough during the first leg mess. I was as hard on U2 as anybody, but they came through so you have to give credit where credit's due.

Thankfully, everyone, myself included, who complained loudly and often finally got somebody to listen. They fixed the bugs, apologized profusely, and helped us all out. I still feel what they originally did was dastardly and seedy beyond belief, but they've made up for it. You have to forgive and move on.

A lot of the things I posted were just because I knew that U2's management was patrolling these web sites, so I had turn the anger level up high enough where I knew I'd be heard. Most fans did a great job by not rolling over and letting Ticketmaster and U2 Inc. get away with their big con job. And in the end, U2 themselves made a tremendous heartfelt gesture at the Grammys to apologize and set things straight.

Although I was a little mad at them using the Edge's daughter's sickness as a shield to hide from their dubious business practices. The fact that there almost wasn't a tour does not mean that it's OK for them to rip fans off.

It goes to show that even a big faceless conglomerate like Clear Channel/Ticketmaster/U2 Inc ultimately exist at the whim of thier clients. When the clients started revolting, they made a change, and I am thankful for that.

I am also thankful for the $1000 I plan on selling my GA tickets for. For a poor college student like me, it's like winning the fucking lottery!!!

Evie said:
Wow, that was easy as pie!

Got two tix for MCI Center in DC in section 121. Anyone been there and can tell me if these are good? They look pretty good from the seating chart!

Yeah it's not bad at all. I got Section 120 tix myself. Just depends on the row of course but the MCI Center isn't all that big- and being down floor level- where 121 is- makes it feel even smaller.

Although I was front row GA (inside the heart) both nights of the Elevation DC shows so this is going to be a step down for me. (Don't you hate ungrateful pricks?)

bostonmike4444 said:
I am also thankful for the $1000 I plan on selling my GA tickets for. For a poor college student like me, it's like winning the fucking lottery!!!

If you get your jollies and smilies out of selling someone else's dreams you'll never be rich...no matter how much money you have. I hope you sleep well at night when you read other's stories about how they were shut out of the presale and general sale. I could turn around and sell the tickets I have for a lot more than 1K, but you can't put a price tag on my integrity.

njelevation06 said:

If you get your jollies and smilies out of selling someone else's dreams you'll never be rich...no matter how much money you have. I hope you sleep well at night when you read other's stories about how they were shut out of the presale and general sale. I could turn around and sell the tickets I have for a lot more than 1K, but you can't put a price tag on my integrity.

:applaud:

well-said. that post really makes my stomach turn. people who buy tickets in order to turn a profit are truly part of the problem, and everything the band is fighting against in trying to make the presale work for loyal fans.

njelevation06 said:

U tell him!!!!!!:mad:

bostonmike4444 said:

I highly doubt you will be able to get $1000 for any pair of GA tickets for the fall leg. In fact, I will be surprised if you get any more than $400. Many, many more fans got tickets they wanted at face value this time around. And if you look there are still hundreds of tickets for sale for the first leg and many brokers are gonna take a loss and not sell them either unless they drastically reduce their prices.

Simply put your tickets are worth more than face value but not 8 times more.

Oh, if I only still lived in Boston....I'd catch him myself.

In seriousness though, I'm glad for those that lucked out today. And may all scalpers on Ebay get crap for thier tickets. Karma is a bitch, it'll get you one way or another.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Oh, if I only still lived in Boston....I'd catch him myself.

In seriousness though, I'm glad for those that lucked out today. And may all scalpers on Ebay get crap for thier tickets. Karma is a bitch, it'll get you one way or another.

Amen 2 that. :|

now ill be able to laugh at the confusion and backup and not be stressing pulling out my hair come saturday morning!

thank you for taking a sincere effort in fixing the presales.

bostonmike4444 said:
Haha - you people need to relax! I'd never sell my U2 evers! NOT EVER! Hahahahaha.

well, i'm delighted you aren't the asshole you initially appeared to be. LOL...I guess :|

yeah, no kidding. plus the rant leading up to the joke was a little tiresome. oh well.

Right after the initial presale, while I was annoyed about not having a realistic shot at good tickets, I wrote an email inquiring about possibly having my membership refunded. I had completely forgotten about that until yesterday, when I got an e-mail that told me I would be able to access the pre-sale today using my old code (though I wouldn't be able to buy any GA tickets). I was able to get two seats in the second row right on the side of the stage, in the upper deck, on Sept. 20 in Chicago. Thanks guys. :wave: :up:

I just got BOSTON GA!!!

I can't believe this! They sent me an email yesterday about the presale for people who DIDNT get shut out for the first leg, since I got nosebleeds for Boston 5/26.
So 5 minutes ago I clicked best available for Boston 10/4, and GA came up, and I'm fuckin' psyched now!
This was so unexpected! I was gonna go through the regular sale on saturday morning, but now I don't have to!
WOO HOO!!!!!
For anyone who got crap seats through the first presale, try again now! GAs are out there...for boston at least.

I got the same e-mail and I didn't even bother looking for GAs because they told me that they wouldn't be available. =/

That's OK, though, I wouldn't be able to wait in line all day anyway ;)

Congrats!!!!!

Yeah I'm a bit puzzled because I wasn't even looking for GA. I selected the $49 seats and best available, thinking I'd get nosebleeds again. But I have actually never seen u2 live, and am looking forward to waiting in line all day.
I may consider scheduling my classes for the fall semester so I have tuesdays off, for this sole purpose.

Back
Top Bottom