MERGED-->I GOT MY PRESALE TICKETS BRAGGING THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No that you've heard my sad story...

beLIEve said:

Like everyone else who has posted, I easily got GA tickets for Atlanta after searching for lower level "gold circle" tickets right spot on at 10:00 AM. I got a pop-up message that all lower level tickets on the side and back were already sold out!!!! I then looked at the 2nd level, and struck out again in terms of what was left and what I would pay $170 for, so maybe 10 minutes ago I just ordered 2 GA's and got them confirmed in a matter of seconds - clearly says "GA's at this event will be on the floor of the arena with no seating".

So, my guess is that at least in Atlanta, more people are buying up gold circle tickets than GA. After that, I went to MSG and also searched for gold circle, lower level, and got awesome seats. I passed when I could not get my friend on the phone to confirm.

The only reason I'm going for gold circle near the stage is because I've had 2 serious back surgeries in the last 3 months, and even though I've got plenty of P.T. ahead of me and the doc's are optimistic, right now I can't walk, and the 2nd surgery was to correct nerve damage from 1st surgery. Long story short, I don't know if I can stand for 2 hours since I can't even walk right now. So, I may be looking to trade "up", or down, depending on how you look at it, for Atlanta. I've decided to try for Chicago gold circle next...oops, gotta go! Thank-you U2 anyway, this was easy and hassle free!

Larry Rocks!!!!!!! I must've f**cked up in Atlanta, 'cause I got two seats on Row 5, section 113 in Chicago 9/20, right next to the target stage probably next to The Edge. This was too easy, and after all the negative press, I hope that we make enough noise this time around to give U2 some credit.

A lot of articles I read sited many presale/fanclub fiascos, but U2...they went after the scalpers after 1st presale debacle and now tickets are cheap, cheap, and more will be released at each concert. Then, just as Larry promised, they really did FIX things this go around. I'm sure it won't be perfect...hell, you could take my first post for griping, but I wasn't. Me thinks it was my fault after the ease of getting stage side in Chicago. Doesn't matter, as I NEVER imagined I'd get to see U2 this time around after never missing a tour for 18 years. This means more to me than anyone could possible imagine. My life has been a living hell after a terrible car accident 3 years ago. I don't care if I have to be carried to my seat! Thank-you U2 and Propaganda and even U2.com!!!!!! :rockon:

2 GA FOR EACH CHICAGO SHOW, BOOYA!

shown is the difference between 40,000 people trying to get tix and 40,000,000...

Larry, i drink to you... :drunk:

Last edited:
ok as a u2.com, but non-prop member, i'm reading all these posts very jealously...dont get me wrong...my first u2 show was the Unforgettable Fire tour when i was in 10th grade, and i'm as die hard as they come (24 u2 shows and counting) but never went the fan club route until we entered the internet age and i knew i'd have trouble getting u2 tix without a membership (up through elevation tour i've never had a problem getting tix to any u2 show i was interested in seeing, sure sometimes i wouldnt get the best seats but every experience in those arenas and stadiums was magical)...so i become a u2.com member specifically for the presale and as we all know last time around, we all got f'd by that presale..i bought 2 single tix, very shitty seats because i was desperate to get tix to see a show...little did i know if i had saved my code i could use it this time around and get 2 seats together in a great location or better yet 2 of the ever elusive GA's...needless to say i'm bummed out a bit, and while all the propoganda members are rightfully thankful that u2 fixed things and are taking care of their fans, lets not forget that there are many of us die hard ones who arent being taken care of by this adjustment to the 3rd leg presales...im happy for all of my fellow u2 fans, but still rightfully disappointed about my experience...do i also mention that back in the january presale, one of the $170 solo tix i bought i thought was golden and right next to the stage, only for the ticketmaster geniuses to flip the seating chart hours later and for me to realize i paid $170 for practically the crappiest $170 seat in the joint...anyway...i just had to vent a little..and i can only hope they have saved some GA's and other choice seats for those of us who have to wait till monday for MSG tix...

Yes!

2 GA's for September 21st in Chicago. That was so easy (and fun). Hopefully the same will be said next week when I try for Milwaukee!

Thank you Larry and all of U2. The GA in MSG will be full with fans this time around. Like it always should be!

2 GAs each for both Boston shows. Awesome. A friend got great gold circle as well.

Thanks for rewarding your most loyal fans!

Johnovox said:
2 GAs each for both Boston shows. Awesome. A friend got great gold circle as well.

Thanks for rewarding your most loyal fans!

So you were able to get 2 pairs for 2 shows with the same code ?

jonathan26 said:
ok as a u2.com, but non-prop member, i'm reading all these posts very jealously...dont get me wrong...my first u2 show was the Unforgettable Fire tour when i was in 10th grade, and i'm as die hard as they come (24 u2 shows and counting) but never went the fan club route until we entered the internet age and i knew i'd have trouble getting u2 tix without a membership (up through elevation tour i've never had a problem getting tix to any u2 show i was interested in seeing, sure sometimes i wouldnt get the best seats but every experience in those arenas and stadiums was magical)...so i become a u2.com member specifically for the presale and as we all know last time around, we all got f'd by that presale..i bought 2 single tix, very shitty seats because i was desperate to get tix to see a show...little did i know if i had saved my code i could use it this time around and get 2 seats together in a great location or better yet 2 of the ever elusive GA's...needless to say i'm bummed out a bit, and while all the propoganda members are rightfully thankful that u2 fixed things and are taking care of their fans, lets not forget that there are many of us die hard ones who arent being taken care of by this adjustment to the 3rd leg presales...im happy for all of my fellow u2 fans, but still rightfully disappointed about my experience...do i also mention that back in the january presale, one of the $170 solo tix i bought i thought was golden and right next to the stage, only for the ticketmaster geniuses to flip the seating chart hours later and for me to realize i paid $170 for practically the crappiest $170 seat in the joint...anyway...i just had to vent a little..and i can only hope they have saved some GA's and other choice seats for those of us who have to wait till monday for MSG tix...

I am sorry that you were not able to obtain the seats you were looking for. However, as a longtime fan, I would think you would have been a member of Propaganda, not only because it was the bands official fan club but also because it was well known that it offered an opportunity to get tickets to U2 tours before anyone else. Basically, U2/Propaganda took care of their fan club members and they continue to do so.

Atlanta GA! Hot damn! I'm still in shock, I didn't think I would be able to do this. This was really well run, thank you U2!!
*does happy dance*

2 GA"s for Atlanta.. and Dallas..

I completely agree! I was VERY happy, no stressing, no emails, just purchased tickets and purchased them quicky and efficiently! Thanks U2 for taking care of us! :)

Does anyone know what the deal was for people with unused prop codes?? Is it ok that I bought 2 different shows??

It took me about a minute and a half this morning and I got 2 premium ($165) tickets to the 10/24 Detroit concert

Absolute Frickin Incredible!!!

Thank you Larry! Thank you U2!!!!

one4u2 said:
Does anyone know what the deal was for people with unused prop codes?? Is it ok that I bought 2 different shows??

I thought that was exactly what you had to do. 2 pairs for 2 shows. You should have absolutely no problem.

EPandAmerica said:
Two ga for Dallas with my code, and two ga for Houston with my friend's code.

:dance:

:heart: Larry - U2 :heart:

I got two GA for Philadelphia (where I live) and two GA for Houston (visiting my sister).

EPandAmerica, anything you can tell me about the Toyota Center in Houston (where they're playing) I'd appreciate. I've never been to Houston. Are there many U2 fans there??

Knuckle said:

I got two GA for Philadelphia (where I live) and two GA for Houston (visiting my sister).

anything you can tell me about the Toyota Center in Houston (where they're playing)

Brand new state of the art arena in downtown. Haven't seen a concert there but been there for basketball games and its awesome. Was hoping and praying that's where U2 would play when they returned to Houston.

(Just moved to Dallas several months ago, prior lived in Houston for 4 years).

ramblin rose said:

Brand new state of the art arena in downtown. Haven't seen a concert there but been there for basketball games and its awesome. Was hoping and praying that's where U2 would play when they returned to Houston.

(Just moved to Dallas several months ago, prior lived in Houston for 4 years).

Thanks for the reply ramblin rose. I'm looking forward to it. When I looked at the seating chart for the Toyota Center in Houston, it's kind of strange. It looks like the arena is clover-shaped or something. Am I right?

shutdown said:

So you were able to get 2 pairs for 2 shows with the same code ?

I was able to (2 GAs for me and a friend to Staples Center in LA, and 2 for my in-laws for Tampa).... but they say that they're going to hold all tickets for a week, or something like that? The FAQ said that we could buy "2 tickets for one show only."

Are we ABSOLUTELY SURE we can get tix for multiple shows? It sure sounds like that's what people were/are doing....

2 GA's for Staples on 11/1 - woohoo!

Looks like they well and truly got their act together this time round - well done Fanfire/U2.com!

Back
Top Bottom