MERGED --> Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com? + Demanding our membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hef4u2 said:
Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.
Yay for them! Fight the power.

U2WOJO said:
U2.coN No grounds for legal action? Are you kidding. Part of the fraudulent sales pitch to sell the memberships was as a former Propaganda member you would be "at the front of the line" for priority ticketing. Sure seemed like an aweful lot of people were in line at the same time I was. Another aspect of the fraud, is the sale of more memberships then there was ever an intent to have tickets to distribute to. The program in place is called a "lottery", not a presale. How many memberships would have been sold if we knew how many memberships there would be relative to tickets? I faxed a letter to the Management company today and plan on getting a letter to my State Attorney General if there is not some type of resolution presented by U2. This is not only fraudulent, but probably criminal activity. I wonder if my State's Attorney has political ambition and would like to take on a world famous rock band, their management company, and ticketbastard??
good luck - you won't get far. Small print, etc.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
So, everyone on this board has complained, but nobody has done anything about it? Some of you fans are the problem.

If I don't get GA w/ my password for the 3rd leg, I'm getting a refund. The only way to make them take notice is to have an effect on their balance sheet.

Don't be so hasty MrBrau. Some of us are waiting to see if we can get tickets to upcoming, unreleased shows.
I live in Seattle and took a swing at the Chicago and Boston shows. Absolutely no luck. Utter bullshit etc, etc. You've heard it all already.

BUT, I am waiting for the presale for the Seattle and Vancouver shows before I ask for a refund. If I can't get GA seats I will be demanding a refund. Loudly. Angrily.

If I dont get a pair of GA's and they refuse to refund my money, I will simply request a reversal on the charge with my credit card company....It may not work, U2.con will have to answer to the banks and credit card companies about the reversal requests when the Credit Card Companies ask what happened!

and now for a bit of sarcasm:

But wait..The only person I should blame is myself....After all, I was pretty late in joining their f'ing fanclub ..I have only been a member of since 1985....maybe if I was there from the beginning, I would have had a conncetion to landing some tickets....SHame shame on me!

Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

MrBrau1 said:
You can you know. I'm all for venting, but you can get $ back from them.

yo brau, did you get any tickets?

if so, where and are they any good?

Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

JOFO said:

yo brau, did you get any tickets?

if so, where and are they any good?

I didn't try. I'm waiting for the 2nd US leg. If I don't get GA, I'll request a refund from U2.com, and take the $165/ticket I could've spent on reserved seats and buying GA from a broker. My friend got GA for Elevation for $150 or so. I'll only see one show. How'd you make out? Did ya snag any MSG?

hef4u2 said:
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FANFARE 1-800-615-1324.

THEY BLAME TICKETMASTER FOR THE PROBLEM.

THEY DID TAKE DOWN MY INFORMATION, I ASKED FOR A REFUND OF MY $4O FOR THE U2.COM MEMBERSHIP

IT SEEMS FANFARE IS THE ONE PLACE YOU CAN CONTACT AS U2.COM HAS ONLY REPLIED TO MY EMAIL WITH A FORM LETTER MAKING SURE I’M NOT INCOMPETANT IN MY ABILITY TO USE A WEB BROWSER

WHAT A JOKE…THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT I CAN’T USE A COMPUTER AND A CODE.

THERE ARE NO TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 % WERE RESERVED FOR THE U2.COM MEMBER PRE-SALE, SO THAT LEAVES 90% FOR THE GENERAL, NON-PAYING PUBLIC TO BUY OVER THE PHONE OR THROUGH THE BROKERS TICKMASTER SCALPS THEM TOO.

WE NEED TO UNITE TO PROTEST THIS.

mailjeff@comcast.net

My God! What is the deal with people and caps!

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

MrBrau1 said:

I didn't try. I'm waiting for the 2nd US leg. If I don't get GA, I'll request a refund from U2.com, and take the $165/ticket I could've spent on reserved seats and buying GA from a broker. My friend got GA for Elevation for $150 or so. I'll only see one show. How'd you make out? Did ya snag any MSG?

shit dude.....

I tried for 20 minutes to get msg...then I said fuck it and went for the meadowlands.

they gave me behind the stage for $169 a ticket. that was at 10:30am.

at 3:00pm the same tickets were now located at stage left (great seats!)

now, they're at the back of the fucking arena.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

JOFO said:

shit dude.....

I tried for 20 minutes to get msg...then I said fuck it and went for the meadowlands.

Did you get the stage left? If not, $250 or less from a broker for GA vs $169 for reserved? See a show like that once. It's worth it. once.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

JOFO said:

shit dude.....

Were you at the Brooklyn gig in November?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

MrBrau1 said:

Did you get the stage left? If not, $250 or less from a broker for GA vs $169 for reserved? See a show like that once. It's worth it. once.

no man.

the seating chart CHANGED 3 times today.
now, my seat are in the BACK of the arena.

are you kidding? when the chart said stage left I almost fainted....
then it fucking changed.

I'm going to the ticketmaster office tommorow with a fucking attitude and if need be, a loaded shotgun.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

MrBrau1 said:

Were you at the Brooklyn gig in November?

I wish....
I tried to take off work but I had to, you know, pay my rent that month.....:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

JOFO said:

no man.

the seating chart CHANGED 3 times today.
now, my seat are in the BACK of the arena.

are you kidding? when the chart said stage left I almost fainted....
then it fucking changed.

I'm going to the ticketmaster office tommorow with a fucking attitude and if need be, a loaded shotgun.

back, like behind the stage? or back, like straight away from the stage. The huge plus of straight away is better sound.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

MrBrau1 said:

back, like behind the stage? or back, like straight away from the stage. The huge plus of straight away is better sound.

yeah man, straight away.....but for $400????

on a presale???

*spits on floor*

shit.....you know that ain't right.

I hope you do well with the general ticket sale; I'm gonna try there too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

JOFO said:

yeah man, straight away.....but for $400????

on a presale???

*spits on floor*

shit.....you know that ain't right.

I hope you do well with the general ticket sale; I'm gonna try there too.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom