MERGED--> getting into the GA line late + GA Late comer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta stay focused on work but reading these posts makes me envision the whole 5/28 nite .....
but first nite to self,,,
buy ga's when drop occurs.....

Waiting all day to get in the elipse is a WASTE of time.
The system is programmed to give you a greater chance of getting in AFTER 7.

I know this as a fact from Dave from Dayton who was talking to some of the staff after the show.

something about it being generated by a random number- and the window to get in gets greater after 7.

I don't think I can wait all day in line again for GA. I did it for both phx shows. By the time the show starts, i feet pretty spent and it kinda takes away from the show. Also, the sound sucks from that close. To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with the whole GA experience. But it prob had more to do with me being tired at the end of the day.

i actually really like the whole GA experience, meeting other u2 fans and such

im probably a sucker in that way

though i was in the phx 2 line and that was hot as hell, so that sucked a little bit

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
April 29th, 2005. Vancouver second show.

7:40pm. Not a single soul in the GA line. Got the "beep" of a lifetime.

Same thing for me at Chicago 1. Maybe there's something to this post 7pm conspriacy. Doubt it though. I still think it's random.

U2fan05 said:
I don't think I can wait all day in line again for GA. I did it for both phx shows. By the time the show starts, i feet pretty spent and it kinda takes away from the show. Also, the sound sucks from that close. To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with the whole GA experience. But it prob had more to do with me being tired at the end of the day.

That's odd, I think the sound is amazing that close. During my first GA experience when I got there late I was several rows back from the rail and when I moved to the back the sound became noticeably worse, or perhaps just blocked by all the bodies.

For the other two shows that I waited in line for, I was completely exhausted by the time we actually got inside and then thought I was going to die during the next three hours waiting inside for U2 to take the stage. By the time the show started I had little energy to give but I walked away very happy. When people complain about how lifeless people in GA and the ellipse are I want to smack them because I think it's just because everyone is exhausted.

That said, after swearing I couldn't do GA anymore I am looking for 3rd leg GAs everyday. Like Chip, I had a blast hanging out with people. Unfortunately both of my experiences (Phoenix & Denver) had extreme weather conditions which made it hard. I'd love to wait in a GA line with 70 degree temps, blue skies and a nice beeze. Is it too much to ask?

I coulnt imagine wanting to wait all day- I'd be bored and quite frankly I have better things to do than worrying about how
close I can get.

MickSeven said:
something about it being generated by a random number- and the window to get in gets greater after 7.

interesting--does it work by using the ticket barcode?

has anyone else heard about this post-7pm phenomenon?

if this is really the case, I may deliberately postpone my entrance into the venue. what if you wait until 8:30 or so to head in, after the opening act has wrapped up?

Fast Eddy said:

interesting--does it work by using the ticket barcode?

has anyone else heard about this post-7pm phenomenon?

if this is really the case, I may deliberately postpone my entrance into the venue. what if you wait until 8:30 or so to head in, after the opening act has wrapped up?

It's worth a shot. I'm not into the all day line. I just figure you get lucky or hang out by the soundboard. Sounds great there and the view isn't as bad as people think and I'm not that tall. Was at the back for both Denver shows had a blast. Got into the Ellipse for Chicago had a blast. This obsession with the ellipse or getting on the rail is a little extreme to me.

After 3 shows in the stands last week, I'm now headed to the floor for the first time... v. exciting.

So, I think I would prefer to be closer to the area where Bono rises for the opener and where Larry plays drums during LAPOE -- for those that have been on the floor already, do these spots fill up as fast as the front of the ellipse?

And what's a good time to be in line by... I also have GA for Vegas2

Thanks!
tbird

tbird said:
After 3 shows in the stands last week, I'm now headed to the floor for the first time... v. exciting.

So, I think I would prefer to be closer to the area where Bono rises for the opener and where Larry plays drums during LAPOE -- for those that have been on the floor already, do these spots fill up as fast as the front of the ellipse?

And what's a good time to be in line by... I also have GA for Vegas2

Thanks!
tbird

You have to be there WAY early if you want those spots.

Back
Top Bottom