MERGED->GA rules and setlist details posted! + why 2 lines + I'm gonna miss lining up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
GA rules and setlist details posted !

atu2.com posted the setlist from the rehearsals along with the GA rules for lining up. it will be a random drawing.

shit ga setup, bullshit, it should be first come first serve as in get in line as you arrive and go into the arena and find a spot on the floor you want, not this lottery for inside the egg.

anyone have any idea how many GA's are sold for the average stadium show? 2000? I'm just trying to figure my chances. I wonder how late the cutoff will be to get in the lottery? Perhaps any Elevation vets can enlighten me. I'm just guessing that there have to be some folks with GA's who don't know/care about getting in the 'egg. Maybe not many, but I dunno. I consider myself a fan (seen 'em 3 times) and I knew nothing of the egg until I saw it the night of the show....

Here's the article if anyone missed it:
NEW @U2 DRESS REHEARSAL SPOILERS / GA LINEUP RULES
March 26, 2005
posted by: m2
If you're looking for it, we have the setlist and major spoilers from tonight's dress rehearsal over at the @U2 blog. Use the link below.

Meanwhile, here's the plan for GA lineups during the 1st leg of the "Vertigo Tour" (and presumably the 3rd leg, too), as explained tonight by a member of U2's tour staff (a female with an "All Access" badge whose name was covered):

fans with GA tickets will be given a numbered wristband in the morning when the venue allows arrivals (or whenever you show up)
fans with wristbands will be told to return later in the day at a time set by the venue
at that time, 200 numbers will be selected by a random number generator; those numbers will be announced/posted for all to see
those 200 fans will trade in their original wristband for a new wristband that allows access into the "egg"
each of the 200 fans will be allowed to bring in one other GA ticket holder; this is based on the two GA ticket limit, and is done to allow friends to stay together
The "egg" is larger than the Elevation "heart", and should hold 400 fans comfortably.

This set up SUCKS

that's why they pick 200, its says that the 200 people get to take someone else with them, so the egg can hold about 400...

I looked at atu2.com and I didnt see anything about the random drawing. I did however accidentally see the opening song, so if this a cruel joke, them I'm def. pissed

nuke126 said:
shit ga setup, bullshit, it should be first come first serve as in get in line as you arrive and go into the arena and find a spot on the floor you want, not this lottery for inside the egg.

I have to agree on this, I'm a bit disappointed to hear about the lottery deal.

Part of the fun of GA was sitting in line all day...

I know some will disagree but I think those who put the time in sitting in line should have the first crack at spots on the floor...

I think the die-hard fans should be able to have a bit of an advantage over the 'casual' concert goers (you know, the type who will go just because they heard 'Vertigo" on the radio!) and be able to put the work into being in the front row and not have to leave it up to luck...:|

beatlesboy said:

I have to agree on this, I'm a bit disappointed to hear about the lottery deal.

Part of the fun of GA was sitting in line all day...

I know some will disagree but I think those who put the time in sitting in line should have the first crack at spots on the floor...

I think the die-hard fans should be able to have a bit of an advantage over the 'casual' concert goers (you know, the type who will go just because they heard 'Vertigo" on the radio!) and be able to put the work into being in the front row and not have to leave it up to luck...:|

Amen! I'm willing to sit there for 10-12 hours and feel I should be able to get a good spot in GA. If it's going to be like this for GA I'm not showing up until 2 hours before concert time. Or I'll trade my GA's for seats :|

wont people still wait in line all day so in case they dont make it inside the oval they will still be the first ones in line to be on the outside?

Ok, they didnt update the page when I looked.

They didnt say for how long they'll be giving out numbers. And I suppose if you go to the show alone, you could buddy up with some person and hope one of you gets one of the numbers.

Chizip said:
wont people still wait in line all day so in case they dont make it inside the oval they will still be the first ones in line to be on the outside?

Maybe, but I think people will be less likely to do so because if you get a drink or have to go to the bathroom once inside and you're on the outside--your spot is gone. At least inside the oval you know you're guaranteed back in there. :shrug:

i just know that people at the very front of the line usually went for the oustside tip of the heart because that was considered the best spot....

will the people who are allowed in the heart get to go in first, and if so might they pick the outside tip instead?

One good thing is the band won't have to look at the same people over and over again :lol:

will the people who are allowed in the heart get to go in first, and if so might they pick the outside tip instead?

I'm wondering that too--and if you do get to go in first and you choose the outside, that kinda sucks cause some other person could have used your oval wrist bands. I'm curious to see how it all pans out.

yeah thats kind of what sucked about the last tour too

lots of people who got heart wristbands decided to go on the outside, so it kind of screwed some people who wanted to get in

So what do you do, if you have a group of 3. Are you just screwed. I'm starting to question this for a couple of reasons. I don't see security having enough sense to execute this well enough without there being a riot. Also what are they gonna do? Break up a family of a mom, dad, and kid?

Theres got to be a way to change this, any ideas on how to change this? Is atu2 100% reliable??? Is this official??

U2fan05 said:
So what do you do, if you have a group of 3. Are you just screwed. I'm starting to question this for a couple of reasons. I don't see security having enough sense to execute this well enough without there being a riot. Also what are they gonna do? Break up a family of a mom, dad, and kid?

I guess so, if a group of 4 friends goes to the show and only 1 person's number gets pulled then only 2 of them get inside. Kind of sucks if you were looking forward to enjoying the show with more than one friend. What are chance of your number being pulled 1 in 10?

Back
Top Bottom