MERGED->GA Question: Crushed? + Question about GA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
GA Question: Crushed?

So I have a question: For those of you who have been to these before and got floor seats; how bad was it? Were you totally crushed, or was it okay? My friend and I are planning to go, but she's been trying to get pregnant and is worried that if she's like 7 months along by then and we have GA's she'll get hurt. Should we try for reserved seats?

The potential for a "crush" effect is definitely there, when Bono comes around towards you, or the crowd gets riled up. I'm talking from experience. My advice would be to get seats...don't chance it. Although the people around you may be courteous and give you space, it's the people behind them that may get pushed, creating a wave effect...not a big deal, but it may be to your pregnant friend. Food for thought...hope it helps.

I was in the heart at the Cleveland and Buffalo shows. There is plenty of room for dancing and moving sbout. Go for it.

Yes, in the heart/oval there is room to move around, but you never know for sure if you'll be there. Outside the heart/oval if you stand towards the back by the mixing desk there is plenty of room. The tight areas will be the first 3 or 4 rows against railing, and then it only gets really bad when Bono is around, but when that would happen, I never gave the pushing another thought. :wink:
I know there were pregnant women in the heart for Elevation, there were pics of one that got pulled on stage by Bono.
So I suppose it will just come down to if your friend feels like waiting to get in to the heart/oval and then having to stand the whole concert time.

At 7 months pregnant, I would think going to the concert at all would be pushing things a bit, but GA where she'll have to be on her feet for about 5 hours straight would really be the wrong thing. You can certainly find areas with no pushing/crushing...but the areas at stagefront and the tip of the egg or whatever will be jammed and that would be a definite no-no for anyone pregnant or with back issues.

Well, if the rumour at atu2.com is true (posted in another thread here), then the oval will be larger thus allowing for more pushing and shoving (unless of course they really limit the amount of people allowed in).

There is always enough room in GAs as long as you're prepared to stand towards the back

I wouldn't try to get close to the stage though - it gets very packed, and the crowd surges would put your friend at risk.

Seats would guarantee you space (and possibly a good view) but the atmosphere isn't always as good as on the floor.

7 months prego? Get seats!

For Elevation tour: There was alot of shoving and pushing outside the heart - it was miserable some times.

Even w/o the potential for crushing, I'd trade for seats. I can't imagine waiting in a GA line ALL day and then standing on my feet for hours being 7 mos along...

U2 fans are usually very nice. I was not crushed at all at the 2 shows I had GA.

I went to a number of NY/NJ shows with GA tix and found it to be EXTREMELY civilized. The crowd definitely surged forward when the band first came on, and then again when Bono walked to the tip of the heart. Being crushed was NEVER a factor at all.

The problem I noticed at each show were small groups of pushy girls trying to weasel their way up to the tip of the stage in the middle of the show. SO ANNOYING!!!!!! They were really pissing everyone off.

Question about GA's

why are the GA tickets the cheapest when they are the best seats. Is it not good to be on the floor? why do they make them so cheap. Ive never been to a U2 concert before. I would appreciate it if someone answered this for me. thanks.

They're the cheapest because they don't have to worry about allocated seats. It's just an empty floor.

hey shygirl i was in the heart in philly once, true!

and someone just got me a GA for the show on Oct. 16th, so i'm kinda hyped!!!! maybe i'll see you in there!

Any ideas about roughly how many fans the GA area will accommodate for the stadium shows?

I was 5 months pregnant for the Elevation tour the second time they came around to Denver. We had the opportunity to go down into the heart... but opted for the seats instead. I love U2 as much as anyone eles here. But we decided not to chance it. I was disapointed to be sure.... but I was just happy to be there, in the same building...heck... the same STATE as the band! And apparently so was our daughter. The minute the music started she was squirmin and movin all about. She's now one of the littlest U2 fans. She loves watching the concerts we have taped or on DVD. We started her out early! *L* Still I'm glad we didn't chance it on the floor.

Good luck whatever you decide! And happy babying! =0)

A child is far more important than where one's sitting/standing at a U2 gig. If you were to go on the floor, your pregnant friend would be well advised to stand back. Plenty have said that they have had great fun standing well back from stage, closer to the sound desk - more room to move and party, and you're free to go and get drinks or visit the toilet.

I can't speak from experience as 24 May, Boston will be my first ever live show, with GA the next two nights, but I made my decision to buy GAs for the second two nights after reading all the great stories of people who'd been GA and the first paragraph is what I have gathered from that reading.

U2 fans are "usually" pretty cool. I've had girls behind me jumping up on my shoulders before yelling for bono, but because i'm nice, i haven't jacked them in the face yet. Seriously, that's bullshit behavior. It's usually pretty tense during the first few songs, but after that, things calm down.

Back
Top Bottom