MERGED--> GA admission chaos/mess at Manchester + hysterically panicking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GA admission choas at Manchester

Just got back from Manchester - it was great.

Admission to the front GA enclosure was totally choatic and pretty unfair

I arrived later than planned at 5.30 pm

Security guards were wandering round the stadium handing out wristbands to people at random for the front enlosure. I managed to sweetalk one to get a band for myself and my wife.

Some of the people stood next to us said that they had seen stewards selling the wristbands for £10 each

This has got to be sorted out

There is a massive difference between the front and main GA enclosure.

I had a great view, easily got within 6 feet of the B stage and there was lots of free space in the enclosure.

Peope in the main enclosure were miles from the stage

Good luck if you are going on Wednesday!!

Selling the wristbands for £10.
The wristbands looked very basic ,you could nearly make your own !
Was the pitch pretty full at 5.30pm ?

Well, I will be there :hmm:

I will have to be the sexy line enforncer for the 24th

:sexywink:

Last edited:
There are a lot of stories being posted on Zootopia also. Tomorrow should be interesting considering today there was total chaos.

i wonder if its still that Allison chick still in charge of it

i have to say i was not impressed with her

From Zootopia, this just sounds like a disorganized chaos and a random lottery:

manchester ga was a shambles and not first come first in the front, pre sale gate b was a mess, no real queing , we were in the first 500 in, got to the bomb shelter and were told entrance by wristband only!!!and they had all gone, we later found out they were being handed out randomly to just anyone on the outside concourse!!!!!!! been queing all day as welll!!!!!!!! we did find a bloke giving them out and got in but thats not the point, fan club members shit on again!!!!!!!!!!! anyway amazing gig, just in off to bed,

A total fiasco - event staff were crap. Managed to get a wristband, but more by luck than anything else.

Amazing show though.

fluffy123 said:
What do the wristbands look like out of interest?

Just so I know what to keep my eyes out for tomorrow :wink:

Here you go. Keep your eyes opened tomorrow:

19347572_fb6ecab8b7.jpg

Jeez....and just when I thought things were getting simpler by just ensuring I turned up early, queued and legged it when the doors open, another difficulty is faced for us! hehe

man..the more and more the tour goes along in Europe I am starting to think it wasn't so bad here in the states. Not that I was ever an advocate of the general malaise and bitching that went on about the US leg (my feelings were clear about the lottery however) but I liking what happened here more and more.

The setlist hasn't varied at all from the US leg (perhaps it will..but hasn't yet), the security seems lightyears better, the worst spot on the floor is lightyears better than the worst on the floor in Europe, the production is bigger and better...but it hasn't wowed me like I thought it would.

I am just saying perhaps we didnt' have it so bad...

Curious Chizip what you think...minus the lottery and elipse of course...?

Chizip said:
i wonder if its still that Allison chick still in charge of it

i have to say i was not impressed with her

If she can actually listen to someone when they have a question about the GA line and the show there wouldn't be any bitching or complaints. She was a representative from the U2 camp at the last Metallica show on the Madly in Anger Tour in San Jose looking at the fan club, security procedures, passes and other table set ups around the concourse. My friend gave her a tour of the set up, procedures with the fan club, the tables/passes along the concourse etc. Sorry but I like the let the beans out of the bag and I know they read these posts. Even though I am upset with what happened at the second Philly show. If U2 hires people to associate helping the fans at shows, they have to take in consideration not to have people with big egos and be a Strict Nazi enforcer not listening to anyone. They should be customer service representatives doing the best they can to perform their job and do what is right for the fans and what the band wants.

lemon_vr6 said:

Of course it hasn't, you're sitting in a wasteland of a state and haven't seen a show.

Have seen 7 shows...thankfully only 2 in CA!

My comment wasn't meant to say that the production isn't wonderful in all ways possible, but more appreciative of what we actually get to experience here in the States so much closer. I love being positive, and still getting shit on. INTERFERENCE ROCKS!

By the way...I don't think there is anyone on the planet that wouldn't take gorgeous Albuquerque and Santa Fe New Mexico over Oakland. If you can find one, more power to you.

I'll take my affordable, beautiful desert life over your crack houses anyday. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom