MERGED--> Fan ACTION for Katowice - Slaski Stadium + U2-PL Fan Action for Slaski

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZBYCH

The Fly
Fan ACTION for Katowice - Slaski Stadium

Everyone going to Poland for 5th July gig at Slaski Stadium please join the action of Polish U2 fans!

Fans with GA tickets please take some RED bandanas, towels, spare t-shirts, fans with Grandstands tickets please take some WHITE piece of stuff.

During New Year's Day's piano&guitar solo's we shall all wave with this white/red stuff - making the hugh Polish national flag (from perspective of the band). This will be a sort of thank you to u2 for coming to Poland on this tour.
Remember that NYD was written with Poland in mind.
Please help us make it! Why not...

ps. Slaski Stadium is in Chorzow but most foreign sources place it in Katowice so for better understanding I wirte KATOWICE (just like the official t-shirts)

Last edited:
Cool idea! Anyway, I thought Slaski Stadium was located in Chorzów. ;)

20 days left...

Actually Chorzów is very near to Katowice, they're like one city. Back to the topic: great idea, I'm all for it! However we should inform as much people as possible about it, mayby some action outside the stadium?...

It's all over the Internet now. I've read it on wp today, yesterday on GW U2 sub-forum, today someone posted it on a non-U2 related forum I frequent, so the word has spread.

C'mon Bono isn't such an ignorant, not to know how does the Polish flag look like... I'm sure back in 2001 in Cologne he knew why I hold that flag, and that's why he decided to take it

I guess the more important thing is to make something SPECTACULAR... we have no idea if it will look like Polish national flag at all... but it will be visible that the crowd is doing something exeptional - and that's the biggest point of the whole proces.

in spite of I am from Ukraine, and I'm coming for Poland show, I will take on stadium red neckerchief :wink:

U2-PL Fan Action for Slaski Stadium 5th July 2005

Just wanted to ask for you support of our action for Polish U2 gig
Here is the message
U2-PL Fan Action for Slaski Stadium 5th July 2005
Everyone going to Poland for 5th July gig at Slaski Stadium please join the action of Polish U2 fans! Fans with GA tickets please take some RED bandanas, towels, spare t-shirts etc. fans with Grandstands tickets please take some WHITE piece of stuff.
During New Year's Day's piano&guitar solo's we shall all wave with this white/red stuff - making the hugh Polish national flag (from perspective of the band).
This will be a sort of thank you to u2 for coming to Poland on this tour.
Remember that NYD was written with Poland in mind.
Please help us make it! Why not...
------------------------------------------------------------------
zbych & u2pl
------------------------------------------------------------------
u2pl3.jpg

u2pl2.jpg

u2pl1.jpg

Last edited:
ZooMacPhisto800 said:
I'm guessing the band's reaction will be "Why are they doing an upside-down Monaco flag?"

What you'll see depends on where you stand. Actually the band, being on stage, will see white tribunes with floor beneath full of red. Thus, the Polish white-red flag will appear to Them as white-red, not red-white. That obviously makes a difference.
That's the main goal to achieve not only for a gorgeous view itself but also to make the show more unique and outstanding from others. I don't know whether it will turn out succcessfully but I do know I'm taking my red T-shirt with me.

greetings from Tri-city,

Karolina

sponsors??

I wonder if it is possible to have some sponsors.. their help would be useful.

cheers

there is no IF... regarding NYD in Poland!!!

They played it on every single EU show so far, so why would they skip it in Poland? That would make as much sense as not playing Party Gril on Bono's birthday...

besides they also played NYD ferquently in US so... (they dropped it for few shows, and then realized that it just has to be played!

Keep spreading the news we already reached to many newspappers and radio stations (nation wide!) so keep it up!

That's OK, provided you wear them on your head :D
You know what, I'm going to Croatia on holiday in June :applaud:

Just to say im really looking forward to visiting your country.Staying 3nights in Krakow and then 1 in Katowice. We are 5 English lads and have GA so will try and turn up in red tops ,even if it is an england football top ;) Just hope nobody takes offence at it :uhoh:

If I will see 5 topless English guys waving with their red t-shirts I will know to whom to complain (or be thankful ;))

I don't think anybody will be offended as far as the tops are the right colour!
Go England! (just after Poland of course ;) )

KEVIN051269 said:
Just to say im really looking forward to visiting your country.Staying 3nights in Krakow and then 1 in Katowice.

Cracow is beautiful, im sure you'll like it :sexywink:

But you'll LOVE Cracow's pubs :shifty:

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

Cracow is beautiful, im sure you'll like it :sexywink:

But you'll LOVE Cracow's pubs :shifty:

Really? , i was not aware that you sold cheap beer in Poland :shocked:

;) :drunk:

I suppose next you'll be telling me there are beautiful women everywhere :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom