MERGED->everything you know about the Chicago and Milan shows!+Official DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
Milan concerts...

I'm interested in few things about these special gigs, which will be released on dvd.

1. Did bono sing a snippet of 'despite all my rage i'm still like a rat in a cage' during electric co?

2. In the moment after 'johnny comes marching home again' snippet and before the edge's solo in bullet did bono sing (screamed?) in a very cool, psychodelic way 'home... home!... HOME!!!... HOOOOOME!!!!!..." On the polish gig he did like that and it was one of the highlights for me, from this moment I've really appreciated vertigo's version of bullet.

3. Were there some special things like fan actions? or slane's beach ball? or pulling a guy/girl from the audience to play a guitar? or something other which is characteristic to the specified show?

Re: Milan concerts...

Zooropean103 said:
I'm interested in few things about these special gigs, which will be released on dvd.

1. Did bono sing a snippet of 'despite all my rage i'm still like a rat in a cage' during electric co?

2. In the moment after 'johnny comes marching home again' snippet and before the edge's solo in bullet did bono sing (screamed?) in a very cool, psychodelic way 'home... home!... HOME!!!... HOOOOOME!!!!!..." On the polish gig he did like that and it was one of the highlights for me, from this moment I've really appreciated vertigo's version of bullet.

3. Were there some special things like fan actions? or slane's beach ball? or pulling a guy/girl from the audience to play a guitar? or something other which is characteristic to the specified show?
i heard bono got a football (soccer) from the crowd, kicked it etc, dunno about anything else,

1: No, the 'someone that I know tried to kill me' bit

2: Yes

3: Girl on stage, beachball, no guitar player on stage

Thtas all I remember from the gigs, correct me if Im wrong!

Electric Co. had snippets of People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me (Neil McCormick) and Go To The Mirror, Boy (The Who).

chicago dvd release

anybody know when we will see this great show come to us again on dvd? i herad somewhere that it will be in november. how long did it take for the boston dvd and slane dvds to come out from the elevation tour? i have not seen any footage of the european leg yet and can't wait. what's a good euro boot dvd to download ?

tjamls

Boston ELEVATION was out in the November, ie in time for the christmas sales.

Slane wasn't released until a similar time in 2003, and was only released after muhc fan pressure.

The Live 8 DVDs are scheduled for release this November. I wonder if the featured artists (like U2) would release their own material concurrently or prefer to wait a little while?
After the 3rd leg and just in time for Christmas would be ideal.

Official Vertigo Tour DVD

Can someone either answer this question or at least send me to the right place to read up on it? Thanks...

Which show (City and Date(s)) will be on the official Vertigo tour DVD to be released (hopefully sometime at the end of this year)? I've heard rumors that it is Chicago and then I heard that it was Milan... Any info would be awesome!

Pots

Re: Milan concerts...

Zooropean103 said:

1. Yes *EDIT* - NO. He sang "People I don't know trying to kill me"
2. Yes, I reckon, and Edge added some siren-lke features to his solo.
3. A fan threw up a Katowice flag and Bono took it up. I think it was during Vertigo2. Bono also put on a t-shirt with the London underground sign on it. Miss Sarajevo? I don't remember. Also, he made some weird "Miau" sound after Zoo Station. He took pictures of fans at the beginning of Elevation and made a veryyy long speak. Special verse for Italy during Beautiful Day.

This is all Milan 2.

Tell me everything you know about the Chicago and Milan shows!

I wanna know what was special about these shows. Did Bono do anything special here? What are the setlists? How was the crowd? How were the venues? Of course I'm wondering because I can't wait for the DVDs :)

So, what's the deal with these shows?

I'd say it wont be released this year if the tour is to continue next year. They wouldnt want people to see the DVD before the show!

Back
Top Bottom